SpaceX "Monster" Update (mostly Falcon 9)

Old August 18th 07, 02:03 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Damon Hill[_4_]

Default SpaceX "Monster" Update (mostly Falcon 9)

http://spacex.com/updates.php#Falcon9Update081507

Many pictures and much eye candy; nice video of a Merlin
test firing with an interesting startup--green flame from
the TEA/TEB? igniter, and intriguing startup and shutdown
noises. First photo I've seen of the Merlin 1C, which will
be regen-cooled rather than ablative.

--Damon
Old August 20th 07, 06:08 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Rick Jones

Damon Hill wrote:
http://spacex.com/updates.php#Falcon9Update081507

Many pictures and much eye candy; nice video of a Merlin
test firing with an interesting startup--green flame from
the TEA/TEB? igniter, and intriguing startup and shutdown
noises. First photo I've seen of the Merlin 1C, which will
be regen-cooled rather than ablative.

In other news I have seen a mention that NRL won't be launching
TacSat-1 any longer:

http://www.spacetoday.net/Summary/3884

Which also repeats the rescheduling of the next Falcon 1 launch to
2008. And I guess that is why the "Upcoming Missions" section of the
main spacex page now says "TBD" - although that update took a bit
longer to appear than the monster

rick jones
- Rick Jones