Outlaw Space Tourist!?

Old September 21st 06, 02:12 AM posted to sci.space.policy
John Schilling

Default Outlaw Space Tourist!?

On 19 Sep 2006 04:32:47 -0700, wrote:

Are we not in control, (we the people, (LOL))?

We, the people of the United States of America, are not in control
of the internal affairs of the sovereign nation of Russia, nor should
we expect to be. Having sent the Russians money, in any quantity for
any purpose, does not change that. The Russian space program belongs
to the Russians, and it's up to them what they want to do with it.

Anyone who imagined that our sending some money to support certain
aspects of their space program, meant that we now own and control
their space program, is wrong. That never was the deal, and if that
was anyone's expectation, they are going to be disappointed.

If this makes you say we ought to stop sending money to the Russians,
fine, but it's "We the People" not "You the Person", and a whole lot
of us people have reasons other than seeking full control of the
Russian space program, for wanting a bit of taxpayer money sent that
way anyhow.

--
*John Schilling * "Anything worth doing, *
*Member:AIAA,NRA,ACLU,SAS,LP * is worth doing for money" *
Old September 21st 06, 12:54 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

John Schilling wrote:
On 19 Sep 2006 04:32:47 -0700, wrote:

Are we not in control, (we the people, (LOL))?

We, the people of the United States of America, are not in control
of the internal affairs of the sovereign nation of Russia, nor should
we expect to be.

I agree with tis statement, But We should tag our donation to some
qualification statements, (and real perfmance requirements). It should
not be a black hole, (We have one already, (Shuttle program))

If this makes you say we ought to stop sending money to the Russians,
fine, but it's "We the People" not "You the Person", and a whole lot
of us people have reasons other than seeking full control of the
Russian space program, for wanting a bit of taxpayer money sent that
way anyhow.

What would you have them do with the blank check? I think JFK's idea,
(Just before The Tampa Boys took care of him), was the best I have
seen. We and the Russians need to combine our efforts, (and stop the
infighting for real). We need a World Space Group with Real Funding! It
is time to stop wasting time and funds on research that overlaps and
duplicates. We could do so much without the God, Apple Pie Stuff in the
way, (On all sides). The only Race to space should be Human, (With a
Vanguard of Robotic Missions, (LOL))

Have a good Day,

Carl

Old September 22nd 06, 02:57 AM posted to sci.space.policy
John Schilling

On 21 Sep 2006 04:54:33 -0700, wrote:

John Schilling wrote:
On 19 Sep 2006 04:32:47 -0700,
wrote:

Are we not in control, (we the people, (LOL))?

We, the people of the United States of America, are not in control
of the internal affairs of the sovereign nation of Russia, nor should
we expect to be.

I agree with tis statement, But We should tag our donation to some
qualification statements, (and real perfmance requirements).

Like, say, "we'd like you to build and launch modules X, Y, and Z for
the International Space Station"?

We already do that. And they have a better record of delivering on
their promises, than we do on ours.

If this makes you say we ought to stop sending money to the Russians,
fine, but it's "We the People" not "You the Person", and a whole lot
of us people have reasons other than seeking full control of the
Russian space program, for wanting a bit of taxpayer money sent that
way anyhow.

What would you have them do with the blank check?

We don't send them blank checks. We send them checks with very specific
dollar ammounts filled out.

I think JFK's idea, (Just before The Tampa Boys took care of him),

Oh, OK, a conspiracy theorist.

We need a World Space Group with Real Funding! It is time to stop wasting
time and funds on research that overlaps and duplicates. We could do so
much without the God, Apple Pie Stuff in the way, (On all sides). The only
Race to space should be Human,

A conspiracy theorist with a batch of silly slogans. I suppose I could
explain why your plan would lead to more money sunk down a black hole
with less results, but I fear it would be a waste of effort.

--
*John Schilling * "Anything worth doing, *
*Member:AIAA,NRA,ACLU,SAS,LP * is worth doing for money" *
*Chief Scientist & General Partner * -13th Rule of Acquisition *
*White Elephant Research, LLC * "There is no substitute *
* for success" *
*661-718-0955 or 661-275-6795 * -58th Rule of Acquisition *

Unofficial Space Shuttle Launch Guide Steven S. Pietrobon Space Shuttle 2 November 2nd 05 10:57 PM
JimO writings on shuttle disaster, recovery Jim Oberg History 0 July 11th 05 06:32 PM
CEV PDQ Scott Lowther Policy 577 May 27th 05 10:11 PM
European high technology for the International Space Station Jacques van Oene Space Station 0 May 10th 04 02:40 PM