Sound on Titans SURFACE???

Old January 17th 05, 09:29 PM
Ken

Default Sound on Titans SURFACE???

OK, we have the sounds of the decent of Huygens, but what about the sounds
that exist on the surface?? Was this data lost in the A-channel snafu, or is
it being withheld for some reason?

Old January 17th 05, 09:35 PM
OG

"Ken" wrote in message
OK, we have the sounds of the decent of Huygens, but what about the

sounds
that exist on the surface?? Was this data lost in the A-channel snafu,

or is
it being withheld for some reason?

The Planetary Society website has them
http://www.planetary.org/news/2005/s...itan_0115.html

Old January 17th 05, 09:50 PM
Thierry

"OG" wrote in message

"Ken" wrote in message
OK, we have the sounds of the decent of Huygens, but what about the

sounds
that exist on the surface?? Was this data lost in the A-channel snafu,

or is
it being withheld for some reason?

The Planetary Society website has them
http://www.planetary.org/news/2005/s...itan_0115.html

The radar one is superb ! and till more displayed on a scope...

Thierry

Old January 18th 05, 03:52 AM
Mark F.

What was the SNAFU?

Old January 18th 05, 07:27 AM
banjead

What was the wind speed at ground?

Old January 18th 05, 08:18 AM
Tom Wales

"Mark F." wrote in message
What was the SNAFU?

SNAFU is an acronym for "typically" a military slang term "Situation Normal,
All Fouled Up or F----d up. Used when things go awry as they often do with
planned events.

Clear Skies,
Tom Wales

Old January 18th 05, 08:23 AM
Tom Wales

What was the SNAFU?

I'm sorry, I misread your question. I thought you asked what SNAFU meant.
The SNAFU had something to do with a problem with one of the data
transmission channels used by the Huygens probe to send information to the
Cassini spacecraft. IIRC one of the channels was not sending data.

Tom Wales

Old January 18th 05, 08:44 AM

Ken wrote:
OK, we have the sounds of the decent of Huygens, but what about the

sounds
that exist on the surface?? Was this data lost in the A-channel

snafu, or is
it being withheld for some reason?

withheld? That's a promising start for another 'Area 51' cover up type
theory. well done!

there's always a delay between receiving data and making sense of it
though, the excitement of landing is followed by months/years of
analysis. i'm looking forward to watching it develop.

Old January 18th 05, 12:36 PM
Algomeysa2

"Ken" wrote in message
OK, we have the sounds of the decent of Huygens, but what about the sounds
that exist on the surface?? Was this data lost in the A-channel snafu, or

is
it being withheld for some reason?

Yes, it was withheld because the sounds revealed were of tortured souls
screaming in Hell. Titan is actually Hades!

For Cripe's sakes: "is it being withheld for some reason."

Why do space exploration and conspiracy nuts go so hand-in-hand?

Old January 18th 05, 08:44 PM
John Denver

I'm waiting for the SMELLS of Titan. Perhaps a sensitive device on the probe
could collect the smells, send a chormographic description back to earth where
the smells could be reconstructed and used in a "scratch and sniff" photo in
Sky and Tel.

Ken wrote:

OK, we have the sounds of the decent of Huygens, but what about the sounds
that exist on the surface?? Was this data lost in the A-channel snafu, or is
it being withheld for some reason?

Cassini's Radar Shows Titan's Young Active Surface Ron Astronomy Misc 0 October 29th 04 08:30 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 5 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Astronomy Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla Misc 10 July 25th 04 02:57 PM
significant addition to section 25 of the faq heat Misc 1 April 15th 04 01:20 AM