Aether has mass

Old December 28th 12, 08:34 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,alt.astronomy,sci.astro
mpc755

Default Aether has mass

On Dec 28, 3:33*pm, Brad Guth wrote:
On Dec 28, 12:19*pm, mpc755 wrote:

On Dec 28, 3:05*pm, Brad Guth wrote:

On Dec 28, 11:29*am, mpc755 wrote:

On Dec 28, 12:28*pm, Brad Guth wrote:

On Dec 28, 4:06*am, mpc755 wrote:

On Dec 27, 11:49*pm, Brad Guth wrote:

On Dec 27, 7:16*pm, mpc755 wrote:

On Dec 27, 7:36*pm, Brad Guth wrote:

The Aether Lens:
*http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap111221.html
*The foreground galaxy (LRG-3-757) is either a truly massive
composition of an extremely super-large and massive galaxy, or that of
representing a galactic cluster of at least ten to a hundred or more
fairly massive galaxies, that which their tightly combined mass
distorts our extremely distant perspective having morphed their
surrounding aether, as reformulated into an enormous lens of something
more than a couple million ly diameter, as well as offering an
illumination boost of at least 10:1.
*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lensshoe_hubble.jpg

The required galactic mass for accomplishing such a terrific lens
might have to be a hundred times that of either our Milky Way. *So, is
it the cosmic distortion of time, or is it the morphed aether as
having been displaced by the galactic cluster blocking our view?

The light from the distant blue galaxy is propagating through the
aether displaced by the foreground red galaxy.- Hide quoted text -

Yes, it is propagated through something, and it might as well be
aether, or helium.

Particles of matter exist in the interstellar medium in quantities
less than in any vacuum artificially created on Earth. Particles of
matter are not what light propagates through. Light propagates through
the aether.

"According to the general theory of relativity space without ether is
unthinkable; for in such space there not only would be no propagation
of light, but also no possibility of existence for standards of space
and time (measuring-rods and clocks), nor therefore any space-time
intervals in the physical sense." - Albert Einstein- Hide quoted text -

Helium in the cold IGM is a very large atom, and from such distance
having one He atom per m3 is actually quite a sufficiently populated
medium to lens with.

I agree with Einstein.

"According to the general theory of relativity space without ether is
unthinkable; for in such space there not only would be no propagation
of light, but also no possibility of existence for standards of space
and time (measuring-rods and clocks), nor therefore any space-time
intervals in the physical sense." - Albert Einstein

A light wave is an aether displacement wave.

At the distance of this Aether Lens:http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap111221.html

*Given that our optical resolution at such extreme distance is worth
at least a million km3 or even a billion km3, and if we're given one
atom per m3 represents at least 1e27 to 1e36 atoms of helium and/or
that of always more than a few other wandering/nomad elements or
particles per detectable pixel of worthy image data.

How can your interpretation of displaced aether compete against all of
those available atoms that should be capable of creating the same
cosmic lens?

I agree with Einstein. Ether is what propagates light.

"According to the general theory of relativity space without ether is
unthinkable; for in such space there not only would be no propagation
of light, but also no possibility of existence for standards of space
and time (measuring-rods and clocks), nor therefore any space-time
intervals in the physical sense." - Albert Einstein

A light wave is an aether displacement wave.

What is referred to as the curvature of spacetime is the state of
displacement of the aether.

But you as well as others still can't even objectively prove that
individual photons actually move (other than wave within their
individual wavelength).

I agree with de Broglie. A particle is a moving singularity which has
an associated wave.

'Interpretation of quantum mechanics by the double solution theory -
Louis de BROGLIE'
http://aflb.ensmp.fr/AFLB-classiques/aflb124p001.pdf

“When in 1923-1924 I had my first ideas about Wave Mechanics I was
looking for a truly concrete physical image, valid for all particles,
of the wave and particle coexistence discovered by Albert Einstein in
his "Theory of light quanta". I had no doubt whatsoever about the
physical reality of waves and particles.”

“any particle, even isolated, has to be imagined as in continuous
“energetic contact” with a hidden medium”

The hidden medium of de Broglie wave mechanics is the aether. The
“energetic contact” is the state of displacement of the aether.

"For me, the particle, precisely located in space at every instant,
forms on the v wave a small region of high energy concentration, which
may be likened in a first approximation, to a moving singularity."

A particle is a moving singularity which has an associated aether
displacement wave.

In a double slit experiment the particle travels a well defined path
which takes it through one slit. The associated wave in the aether
passes through both. As the aether wave exits the slits it creates
wave interference. As the particle exits a single slit the direction
it travels is altered by the wave interference. This is the wave
piloting the particle of pilot-wave theory. Detecting the particle
strongly exiting a single slit turns the associated aether wave into
chop. The aether waves exiting the slits interact with the detectors
and become many short waves with irregular motion. The waves are
disorganized. There is no wave interference. The particle pitches and
rolls through the chop. The particle gets knocked around by the chop
and it no longer creates an interference pattern.
Old December 28th 12, 10:35 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,alt.astronomy,sci.astro
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Dec 27, 7:16*pm, mpc755 wrote:

[...]

So, how much volume and mass does this photon particle represent?
Old December 28th 12, 11:47 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,alt.astronomy,sci.astro
mpc755

On Dec 27, 7:16*pm, mpc755 wrote:

[...]

A photon forms on the aether wave a small region of high energy
concentration, which may be likened in a first approximation, to a
moving singularity.

I don't know how the mass or volume of the small region of high energy
concentration precisely located in space at every instant of the
aether wave can be measured.
Old December 29th 12, 12:35 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,alt.astronomy,sci.astro
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Dec 27, 7:16*pm, mpc755 wrote:

[...]

Yes, the best interpretations to date have the quantum string
singularity particle of a photon wave as represented by zero volume
and zero mass, thereby unable to displace anything even if these
individual photons actually moved along at 'c'.

My previously conservative estimate of the IGM helium or ion
population per imaged pixel, was at best giving us 1e36 atoms to work
with, whereas instead it's more than likely worthy of a trillion km3,
or 1e45 atoms per imaged pixel of having formed into that distant
Einstein lens.

So, why wouldn't the traditional interpretation of such a gravity
formed lens not apply to this IGM of 1 atom/m3?

Of course if aether actually has sufficient density as representing 3D
mass that's at least similar to molecular kinds of mass, then perhaps
it too can join in, as to forming this lens.

Old December 29th 12, 12:50 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,alt.astronomy,sci.astro
Painius[_1_] Painius[_1_] is offline
Banned

On Dec 27, 7:16*pm, mpc755 wrote:

[...]

When taken out of context this produces "almost" a contradiction.
Einstein had shown that it was unnecessary to postulate an "aether" of
the type that had filled the writings of scientists for 200 years.
We'll call that the "classic aether". It was static, unchanging and
not in motion in any sense of the word. On this issue, "the rest is
history", as they say. Other scientists picked up on what Einstein
had found, and they completely tossed out the classic aether, only to
settle for a spacetime that was made of "nothing" -- nothing at all.
That was not at all what Einstein meant to happen.

Then he continued his study of gravity and began the development of a
"field theory" of gravitation. Mike, your quotation above was all
about that field theory. When Einstein wrote about the "ether", he
was not referring to the classic aether of old. No. Einstein's
"ether" was what he called the "gravitational field" that he studied
for the rest of his life. He never developed more than a mathematical
model of this gravitational ether. He spent the rest of his life
searching to build a body of physical evidence for the "ether". In
one of his final writings, his Appendix 5 of the 15th edition of his
book _Relativity - The Special and the General Theory_, he urged us
all to,

". . . not desist from pursuing to the end the path of the
relativistic field theory."

That was the "ether" to which Einstein alluded in your above
quotation.

--
Happy Holidays!
and Warm Wishes for the New Year!
Old December 29th 12, 12:57 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,alt.astronomy,sci.astro
mpc755

On Dec 27, 7:16*pm, mpc755 wrote:

[...]

Gravitational lensing is caused by light propagating through the
displaced aether.

Aether has mass. Aether physically occupies three dimensional space. A
photon is a particle which forms on the aether wave a small region of
high energy concentration, which may be likened in a first
approximation, to a moving singularity.

Since aether has mass this small region of high energy concentration
has mass and volume. However, I do not know how you determine the mass
or volume of this small region of high energy concentration.
Old December 29th 12, 01:04 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,alt.astronomy,sci.astro
mpc755

On Dec 27, 7:16*pm, mpc755 wrote:

[...]

Einstein as a teenager understood the aether has mass.

Einstein's 'First Paper'
http://www.efiko.org/material/Albert...n onymous.pdf

"The velocity of a wave is proportional to the square root of the
elastic forces which cause [its] propagation, and inversely
proportional to the mass of the aether moved by these forces."

What Einstein failed to realize is what he was describing was the
state of displacement of the aether.

The velocity of a wave is proportional to the square root of the
elastic forces which cause its propagation, and inversely proportional
to the mass of the aether displaced by these forces.

Einstein said an absolutely stationary space is superfluous. An
absolutely stationary space was the incorrect understanding of the
aether of the time.

'ON THE ELECTRODYNAMICS OF MOVING BODIES By A. Einstein June 30, 1905'
http://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/einstein/specrel/www/

"The introduction of a “luminiferous ether” will prove to be
superfluous inasmuch as the view here to be developed will not require
an “absolutely stationary space” provided with special properties, nor
assign a velocity-vector to a point of the empty space in which
electromagnetic processes take place."

Einstein understood the state of the aether and the state of the
aether in neighboring places is determined by its connections with
matter. Einstein was unable to determined the cause of the condition
of the state of the aether.

'Ether and the Theory of Relativity by Albert Einstein'
http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~...ein_ether.html

"the state of the [ether] is at every place determined by connections
with the matter and the state of the ether in neighbouring places, ...
disregarding the causes which condition its state."

The state of the aether at every place determined by connections with
the matter and the state of the aether in neighboring places is the
state of displacement of the aether.
Old December 29th 12, 01:14 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,alt.astronomy,sci.astro
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Dec 28, 4:57*pm, mpc755 wrote:
[...]

You can't possibly specify aether has mass, because there's still no
replicated science in support of such aether mass.

There is an unknown volume of something that might as well be aether,
in addition to multiple force fields (mostly comprised of gravity)
that's out there and perfectly capable of morphing the molecular IGM
into a lens.

1e45 atoms per cosmic lens pixel should be more than sufficient
particles easily morphed by gravity in order to do the trick.

Old December 29th 12, 01:26 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,alt.astronomy,sci.astro
mpc755

On Dec 28, 8:14*pm, Brad Guth wrote:

You can't possibly specify aether has mass, because there's still no
replicated science in support of such aether mass.

The following articles describe what is presently postulated as dark
matter is aether. Meaning, aether has mass.

'Quantum aether and an invariant Planck scale'
http://arxiv.org/abs/1110.3753

"this version of aether may have some bearing on the abundance of Dark
Matter and Dark Energy in our universe."

"mass of the aether"

'Scalars, Vectors and Tensors from Metric-Affine Gravity'
http://arxiv.org/pdf/1110.5168

"the model obtained here gets closer to the aether theory of , which
is shown therein to be an alternative to the cold dark matter."

'Unified model for dark matter and quintessence'
http://arxiv.org/pdf/physics/0610135

"Superfluid dark matter is reminiscent of the aether and modeling the
universe using superfluid aether is compatible."

'Vainshtein mechanism in Gauss-Bonnet gravity and Galileon aether'
http://arxiv.org/pdf/1107.1892

"the perturbations of the scalar field do not propagate in the
Minkowski space-time but rather in some form of ”aether” because of
the presence of the background field"

'On the super-fluid property of the relativistic physical vacuum
medium and the inertial motion of particles'
http://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0701155

"In this paper we shall show that the relativistic physical vacuum
medium as a ubiquitous back ground field is a super fluid medium."

In the following article the faster the object moves through the super-
fluid ideal relativistic ether from general relativity the greater the
relativistic mass of the object.
Old December 29th 12, 06:08 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,alt.astronomy,sci.astro
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Dec 28, 5:26*pm, mpc755 wrote:
[...]

You are connecting a lot of old dots, and imposing your
interpretations to suit.

Without your aether, there is no shortage of sufficient mass. This
actually supports your aether theory, but sadly you can't seem to
interpret it that way.