The two comets of the day

Old March 19th 10, 04:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Danilo Pivato

Default The two comets of the day

http://www.danilopivato.com/solar_sy...2010.03.17.htm

http://www.danilopivato.com/solar_sy...2010.03.18.htm

Regards,

Danilo Pivato
--
MySiteWeb: http://www.danilopivato.com

Old March 20th 10, 08:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro

"Danilo Pivato" schreef in bericht
. ..
http://www.danilopivato.com/solar_sy...2010.03.17.htm

http://www.danilopivato.com/solar_sy...2010.03.18.htm

Regards,

Danilo Pivato
--
MySiteWeb: http://www.danilopivato.com

good images. interestingly, I just read
http://www.astronomynow.com/news/n1003/19comet/ that on march 17, the comet
Q3 siding spring is breaking up, but I see no sign of that in your image,
that was taken on that same day a few hours later. Perhaps you can reprocess
your data to see if you can see it?

--
Martijn
www.xs4all.nl/~martlian - my astronomy pages

Old March 21st 10, 07:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Danilo Pivato wrote:
http://www.danilopivato.com/solar_sy...2010.03.17.htm

http://www.danilopivato.com/solar_sy...2010.03.18.htm

Regards,

Danilo Pivato
--
MySiteWeb: http://www.danilopivato.com

Both look rather active. Wild has what appears to be a powerful jet and
I've heard Siding_Spring is breaking up. Both are well positioned if
you don't mine very late imaging.

Rick

Old March 21st 10, 10:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Danilo Pivato

Thanks to both!
In fact I was alerted to take shots at comet Q3 Siding Spring, but my
attempt to document
splitting in act it was not enough. Unfortunately, the resolution of my
telescope is not the same
as the Faulkes Telescope (2,0m!) .
Kind regards

Danilo Pivato

MySiteWeb: http://www.danilopivato.com

good images. interestingly, I just read
http://www.astronomynow.com/news/n1003/19comet/ that on march 17, the
comet Q3 siding spring is breaking up, but I see no sign of that in your
image, that was taken on that same day a few hours later. Perhaps you can
reprocess your data to see if you can see it?

--
Martijn
www.xs4all.nl/~martlian - my astronomy pages

.com...

Old March 21st 10, 11:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Thanks for the images Danilo. Reminds me that there is more in the sky than
just galaxies ;-)

Stefan

. ..

Old March 24th 10, 12:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Nice!

I had forgotten about them

. ..

Comets Come and Go George Dishman Misc 0 April 23rd 06 10:20 AM
Comets Nog Science 8 December 2nd 05 04:00 AM
Comets Nog Science 0 November 21st 05 11:28 PM
Why Comets Do Not Hit The Sun G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 27 February 23rd 04 08:40 PM
Will I be able to see these comets? Michael A. Covington Amateur Astronomy 2 November 25th 03 07:39 PM