A really great essay by Keith Cowing

Old December 14th 03, 03:47 PM
Phil Fraering

Default A really great essay by Keith Cowing

h (Rand Simberg) writes:

Well, now we can ask him himself. He's supposedly "cooperating." We
can also ask him if the story in the Telegraph about Mohammed Atta
being trained in Baghdad two months before the towers came down is
true, taking away one more strawman argument...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...portaltop.html

I already commented on that on my 'blog, and I'm suspicous of the report.

Check the first two items at

http://newsfromthefridge.typepad.com ;

If you need permalinks:

http://newsfromthefridge.typepad.com...med_atta_.html

http://newsfromthefridge.typepad.com...n_the_all.html

There are links from there to discussions at rantburg.

--
Phil Fraering "Oh, so now Mike's the nut, Roger's the good
one, and I'm the bad guy?"
Old December 17th 03, 06:36 AM
Phil Fraering

(Eric Chomko) writes:

I said that no one expectd them to be valedictorians when they came here
and to be as successful as they have become. I really don't recall what
you said. Are you racist?

That's not what you said. You asked me why I didn't like them.

: : I'm under the impression that those summaries were very misleading.

: Did Kay state that no WMD were found, as the bottom line? Yes or no?

: They found precursor chemicals, bacterial samples that could quickly
: be turned into large-scale production, and a warehouse full of antiship
: missiles being modified into cruise missiles.

The bacterial samples were in some guy's refriderator. (Probably next to
some post-it notes from your website. A few tubes and not much else. It
is a stretch to say that they had an active nuclear program going on or in
the works.

They seem to have been working on delivery devices for _something_.
And expending a large amount of money/effort on it too, during a time
when they were supposed to be under an arms embargo.

We are fond of saying that he used these weapons on his own people. And
that that is grounds to bring him down. I'm inclined to believe it, if
true. But no doubt where the chemicals came from.

You keep repeating that there's no doubt, as if that proves there's no
doubt.

: Noone had to present their net worth at the voting booth to elect them.

Right, but it is always the one with the most money that wins. And their
personal wealth is never on the order of middle class or lower.

I'd be willing to bet that Al Gore's personal net worth is higher than GWB's.

: What makes you think I didn't go back to being right-wing by learning
: something new?

Or, you just got old. Yes, and I know all about Churchill's quote about
age and liberal vs. conservate.

You should make a trip to KSC sometime.

And then what? I'd stop believing most of the money spent there is wasted?

--
Phil Fraering
http://newsfromthefridge.typepad.com

Old December 18th 03, 07:20 AM
Sander Vesik

Phil Fraering pgf@auto wrote:

They found precursor chemicals, bacterial samples that could quickly
be turned into large-scale production, and a warehouse full of antiship
missiles being modified into cruise missiles.

References please. Especially on the "turned into large-scale production" part.

Or are you one of the 75+% of mistaken foxnews viewers?

--
Sander

+++ Out of cheese error +++
Old December 18th 03, 09:13 AM
Paul Blay

"Sander Vesik" wrote ...
Phil Fraering pgf@auto wrote:

They found precursor chemicals, bacterial samples that could quickly
be turned into large-scale production, and a warehouse full of antiship
missiles being modified into cruise missiles.

References please. Especially on the "turned into large-scale production" part.

Or are you one of the 75+% of mistaken foxnews viewers?

75% of people are mistaken for foxnews viewers? _I_ wouldn't stand for
that.
Old December 19th 03, 05:28 AM
Phil Fraering

Sander Vesik writes:

Phil Fraering pgf@auto wrote:

They found precursor chemicals, bacterial samples that could quickly
be turned into large-scale production, and a warehouse full of antiship
missiles being modified into cruise missiles.

References please.

Check Kay's interim statement.

Especially on the "turned into large-scale production" part.

When a boy bacterium meets a girl bacterium he likes very much...

--
Phil Fraering
http://newsfromthefridge.typepad.com

Old December 20th 03, 10:01 PM
Leonard Robinson

Ahem.

The latest on Saddam "the Insane" Hussein -- he was "caught like a rat";
he's "in a trap"; he will be judged by Muslims, in a Muslim country, per
Islamic law.

--
Leonard C Robinson
"The Historian Remembers, and speculates on what might have been.

Old December 22nd 03, 01:30 PM
Sander Vesik

Sander Vesik writes:

Phil Fraering pgf@auto wrote:

They found precursor chemicals, bacterial samples that could quickly
be turned into large-scale production, and a warehouse full of antiship
missiles being modified into cruise missiles.

References please.

Check Kay's interim statement.

Especially on the "turned into large-scale production" part.

When a boy bacterium meets a girl bacterium he likes very much...

Thanx for being both an idiot and also demonstrating that you do not
have any clue whatsoever of the matter at hand, that is, what it takes
to go from a sample of bacteria to production.

Now go outside, take a handful of soil and then go to production of
your choice of bacteria from it.

--
Sander

+++ Out of cheese error +++
Old December 22nd 03, 02:30 PM
Phil Fraering

Sander Vesik writes:

Thanx for being both an idiot and also demonstrating that you do not
have any clue whatsoever of the matter at hand, that is, what it takes
to go from a sample of bacteria to production.

Now go outside, take a handful of soil and then go to production of
your choice of bacteria from it.

An isolated sample is different from a handful of soil.

--
Phil Fraering
http://newsfromthefridge.typepad.com