~ Witness for the Prosecution...

Old January 2nd 05, 08:15 PM
Twittering One

Default ~ Witness for the Prosecution...

....and Other Stories"

~ Skidding
Over there ~

*

So, like, all those books, Ms.
Agatha’s oeuvre, a cohort,
Coherent? Or pages, too, just various stages,
Spearmint leafing round en April mist, avec a
Frosted Waterford goblet glass?
Or just goblins grinning through the papyrus grass,
Out of season? Any other reason,
Please, pray tell ~

“Forest rats, you ask?”
~ Ms. Agatha Christie

O know ~ I meant
To ask, “Over there, that,
A gangly band of Ether Motorcycle Ryders…
So, like, that leather jacket cohort,
Coherent?”
~ Moi

Just see,
Ca. 1969, Ms.
Christie said to me ~

So I got spooked, I looked...

“Easy Rider” (1969)
Directed by Mr.
Dennis Hopper

Writing credits ~
Peter Fonda &
Dennis Hopper ...

Genre ~
Adventure / Drama / Action / Crime (more)

Tagline ~
“A man went looking for America and couldn’t find it anywhere!”

Plot Outline ~
Two counterculture bikers travel from Los Angeles
To New Orleans [O say, Ms.
Anne Rice, not to worry, not to fret, we’ll get back to you!]
In search of America.

So, know! I carefully considered,
Yes, what Ms.
Christie told me. Thought, too, I to myself…

O, should I ask if Mr.
Dennis Hopper or Mr.
Peter Fond* are On the Road, or just ridin’ high
The highway
Here, near me, just off the East River’s Gate?
Easy Ryders, perhaps yonder,
Over there? Or rather, should I just look out
To see the sea, The Atlantic, shimmering, somewhere over there,
Just past
Spearmint leafing in the wind,
Near Queens, not too
Far from Bridgehampton? Down the road
From the North Fork, near Montaulk, where, if
You stand on shore,

You see
Plum** Island?
Or share
An April

Misted frosted Waterford goblet
Avec my architect bud, Mr.
Rick Share? Where, last, with whom, in Montaulk, I shared
My ocean views. But O know ~ Too
Long, now, since we talked, yes, or shared
An ocean view, way much
Too long.
Or now, me,
Just a goblin
Grinning
Out of season?
Any other reason,
Please, pray tell me ~

My first bike, you ask?
Mini Bike,
After a Go Cart.
Now I bike, I spin, by my own
[Syn]energy...

[*Trivia: Mr.
Peter Fonda designed his “The Captain America” jacket
(later sold at a charity auction)
And “two little old ladies” in Los Angeles
Carried out his plan.]

But no matter, so know!
This is just to say ~

[** “I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold”

~ William Carlos Williams,
“This Is Just to Say”]

~ Better check my facts twice,
As, O yes, chequered,
They ~

“By the prickling of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes.”
~ William Shakespeare,
From “Macbeth”

~ Spatial
Glide ~

Dad
1969
42
February 6, 1927

~ Moon,
Where?

~ A Lecture on the Weather
To follow...

The Thirteen Problems
The Under Dog and Other Stories
The Unexpected Guest
They Came to Baghdad
They Do It With Mirrors
Third Girl
Three Act Tragedy
Three Blind Mice and Other Stories aka The Mousetrap and Other Stories
Towards Zero
While the Light Lasts
Why Didn't They Ask Evans?
Witness for the Prosecution and Other Stories

*

O, pardonez, pssst ~ You, over there ~ Ms.
Sea gull? Got ice tea,
Got spearmint?

*

To which, Ms.
Sea gull replied to me ~

“Forest rats, see, over there? Beware
Fair young one.”
~ Ms. Sea Gull

To whom I hastily replied ~

“So, like, this rat, or mice, cohort,
Coherent? Or just raving rodents ranging
Among these clouds and stars, ruff-housing for their roughage
Among spearmint leafs?”
~ Moi

“That, too. O, but may I offer you my views,
Or would you prefer, to linger on your stair,
Share an April misted frosted Waterford goblet?”
~ Ms. Sea Gull

“O both, your generosity overflows
My joyless glass! O, you do offer me true joy, alas!
O do please pray tell, over there, what’s that?”
~ Moi

“O, them, they, just goblins grinning
Out of season.”
~ Ms. Sea Gull

“O. Any other reason, for their grinning?
Please, pray tell, Ms.
Very kind, very pretty, Ms.
Sea Gull. Why, thank you, yes, I’m spinning
Round, hung here, my bungee cord, a tangled
Discord. Perhaps, now with you, I’ll rest,
Arrest my struggle for a few
Of your highly esteemed views,
As well, your offer, a Waterford goblet, the best,
I’ll imbibe tea here with you!”
~ Moi

“O alas, how nice.
A friend suspended en mid l’air…”
~ Ms. Sea Gull

“Cheers, to you! Now, please,
Begin, do tell me…”
~ Moi

*
_______
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo"http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo/A

Old January 3rd 05, 01:50 AM
Double-A

Twittering One wrote:
[snip]

[** "I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold"

Just be sure one of them wasn't Bert's Earth shrunken to the size of a
plum!

Bert:

What if the Earth was the size of a "plum" and still had its great
weight?

What about its great taste?

Double-A

Old January 3rd 05, 07:12 AM
Twittering One

Bert:

What if the Earth was the size of a "plum" and still had its great
weight?

What about its great taste?

Double-A

Prune pudding?

_______

Old January 3rd 05, 08:16 AM
Double-A

The sounds of trains and fire trucks crashing in the night!
Tonight I hear the fright
I fear to see the sight
Of mighty trains and fire trucks smashing in a slam
Just gliding and then wham!
Do catch it on your cam.
A fire truck to a rescue waylaid along its course
By overpowering force
With no sense of remorse,
While people riding home upon the star crossed train
Try holding on in vain
Then falling, feeling pain.
The train ride goes uncharted as it jumps its guiding rails.
The fire truck dove tails.
The driver's forehead pails.
The sounds of trains and fire trucks crashing in the night!
Great force on force with might
But no one died tonight.
http://www.katu.com/stories/73804.html

Double-A

Old January 3rd 05, 10:32 PM
Double-A

Twittering One wrote:
Bert:

What if the Earth was the size of a "plum" and still had its great
weight?

What about its great taste?

Double-A

Prune pudding?