A Space & astronomy forum. SpaceBanter.com

Go Back   Home » SpaceBanter.com forum » Others » Astro Pictures
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

ASTRO: Abell 82

Old November 21st 16, 09:19 PM

First recorded activity by SpaceBanter: Aug 2008
Default ASTRO: Abell 82

During September full moon season I imaged Abell 82 in Cassiopeia. At that time I had two setups running at the same time for eight nights in a row. This is from the "highres" Meade ACF setup, the other scope was the Celestron RASA (so I had Meade and Celestron singing in perfect harmony ;-)

In spite of over 14 hours of exposure time the bright skies didn't allow for a good signal/noise ratio.
Abell 82 has a similar structure to M27, but the "ears" can only be seen very faintly in my image.

Taken from Berlin with a 10" Meade ACF on an AZ-EQ6 mount, SXpress Trius SX694 camera, 21x20min Ha, 23x20min OIII. Image resized to 0,68 arcseconds/pixel.

Stefan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Abell82BHaOIIIgut.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	807.2 KB
ID:	6441  
Old November 22nd 16, 01:57 AM

First recorded activity by SpaceBanter: Feb 2008

That's a difficult one from your skies. It was rather easy from my much darker skies. Looks quite different in LRGB than it does in HALRGB as I tried it both ways.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slilge View Post
During September full moon season I imaged Abell 82 in Cassiopeia. At that time I had two setups running at the same time for eight nights in a row. This is from the "highres" Meade ACF setup, the other scope was the Celestron RASA (so I had Meade and Celestron singing in perfect harmony ;-)

In spite of over 14 hours of exposure time the bright skies didn't allow for a good signal/noise ratio.
Abell 82 has a similar structure to M27, but the "ears" can only be seen very faintly in my image.

Taken from Berlin with a 10" Meade ACF on an AZ-EQ6 mount, SXpress Trius SX694 camera, 21x20min Ha, 23x20min OIII. Image resized to 0,68 arcseconds/pixel.

Stefan