Ares I booster fired

Old September 11th 09, 05:36 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default Ares I booster fired

Head of the Ares-I project gone or not, the big 5-segment operational
booster that is supposed to be stage one got fired today:
http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n0909/10ares1/
No info or photos of the firing from Scott Lowther yet, who lives near
the test site, and owns the most laid-back cat in the world:
http://up-ship.com/blog/?p=2975
This cat is my personal hero; it has managed to unite a profound Zen
understanding of existence with complete torpor in a one-two combo that
eliminates any possibility of it acquiring bad karma...by the simple
expedient of doing absolutely _nothing_ on any given day, other than
waking up, eating, excreting, napping in the sunlight, and going right
back to sleep again till the next day dawns.
When did I stop thinking of the black-and-white cat?
Never.

Pat
Old September 11th 09, 01:02 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
BradGuth

On Sep 10, 9:36*pm, Pat Flannery wrote:
Head of the Ares-I project gone or not, the big 5-segment operational
booster that is supposed to be stage one got fired today:http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n0909/10ares1/
No info or photos of the firing from Scott Lowther yet, who lives near
the test site, and owns the most laid-back cat in the world:http://up-ship.com/blog/?p=2975
This cat is my personal hero; it has managed to unite a profound Zen
understanding of existence with complete torpor in a one-two combo that
eliminates any possibility of it acquiring bad karma...by the simple
expedient of doing absolutely _nothing_ on any given day, other than
waking up, eating, excreting, napping in the sunlight, and going right
back to sleep again till the next day dawns.
When did I stop thinking of the black-and-white cat?
Never.

Pat

As per usual, your public funded NASA and all of their mostly kosher
insider friends share as little real data as possible.

How many tonnes of CO2 and other toxins got dispersed into the
atmosphere at that test firing?

What were the gee forces of thrust and of pulsations?

Why can't we see the running graphics of those essential readings?

~ BG
Old September 12th 09, 06:53 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
[email protected]

On Sep 10, 10:36 pm, Pat Flannery wrote:
Head of the Ares-I project gone or not, the big 5-segment operational
booster that is supposed to be stage one got fired today:http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n0909/10ares1/
No info or photos of the firing from Scott Lowther yet...

Not correct:
http://up-ship.com/blog/?p=3911

Had three cameras going.
Old September 12th 09, 04:17 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

wrote:
On Sep 10, 10:36 pm, Pat Flannery wrote:
Head of the Ares-I project gone or not, the big 5-segment operational
booster that is supposed to be stage one got fired today:
http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n0909/10ares1/
No info or photos of the firing from Scott Lowther yet...

Not correct:
http://up-ship.com/blog/?p=3911

Had three cameras going.

But you hadn't put them up yet on your website at the time I wrote that
posting.
Do they have any info on what started the fire on the hillside yet?

Pat
Old September 13th 09, 12:25 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Damon Hill[_4_]

Pat Flannery wrote in
:

wrote:
On Sep 10, 10:36 pm, Pat Flannery wrote:
Head of the Ares-I project gone or not, the big 5-segment
operational booster that is supposed to be stage one got fired
today:
http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n0909/10ares1/ No info or
photos of the firing from Scott Lowther yet...

Not correct:
http://up-ship.com/blog/?p=3911

Had three cameras going.

But you hadn't put them up yet on your website at the time I wrote
that posting.
Do they have any info on what started the fire on the hillside yet?

No reports on the cause of fire, although molten globs of aluminum oxide
could certainly do the trick. I don't think the propellant grain
'chunked'; that would have been a show-stopping anomoly.

Initial reports are that thrust oscillation readings were far below
what was feared, and easily within the range that damping methods
could handle, if in fact they'd be needed at all. Obviously more
testing including a test flight or several will be needed to insure
this finding is valid.

--Damon

Old September 13th 09, 07:09 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Damon Hill wrote:
Initial reports are that thrust oscillation readings were far below
what was feared, and easily within the range that damping methods
could handle, if in fact they'd be needed at all. Obviously more
testing including a test flight or several will be needed to insure
this finding is valid.

Well, we'll get the straight poop on that data come Halloween.

Pat