text swings simon

Old August 15th 07, 03:11 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Sharon

Default text swings simon

waste basket and flattened out again.

It cost Sturges $100,000 in legal fees, loss of major clients, much income,
seizure of his life's work, the tools of his trade, and made him feel
depressed about his life's work.

Our government uses Orwellian terror tactics
to control the politically incorrect:

Jock Sturges:

At my lowest point in this affair, I almost decided to jump
from the San Francisco bridge. I had stopped my car.

----

# FBI
# 450 Golden Gate Avenue
# San Francisco, CA 94102
#
# Dear Sirs, 7/6/90
#
# I am responding to a report on CNN last night.
#
# They showed a photographer, Jock Sturges, and some of his unpublished
# photos, and said the FBI confiscated them. According to the report, no
# sex was involved in the photos, he's a reputable photog, and the San
# Francisco City Council went so far as to pass a bill/resolution saying
# the FBI should release the collection.
#
# Why have you confiscated photos if no sex is involved? As far as I can
# tell, the photos would be no different from some photog books listed
# in the Library of Congress.
#
# The fact that you've confiscated the photos, but still haven't charged
# the photog, seems to indicate you're operating on auto-pilot, and that
# there is nothing wrong with the photos. I've never seen a news report
# where law enforcement wasn't sure, for this particular charge.
#
# It seems that you think some people may have "dirty thoughts" if they
# see the photos; that would make you the "Thought Police"!
#
# Sincerely,
# Guy

----

The New York Times was no help.

They subsequently reviewed his work and called it ~"boring, been there, done
that". As if what they thought of his photos had a damn thing to do