Aurora Australis Enterprisius E

Old May 23rd 11, 01:19 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
David Spain

Default Aurora Australis Enterprisius E

Final comments:

Errata in title, this looks more like 'D' than 'E'.

Also, as appropriate for a 'Galaxy-class' starship, a serendipitous framing of
this photo looks to place the constellation Sagittarius and hence the center
of our Milky Way in the background.

The skeptic in me wonders if this is a little 'too' serendipitous? I did a
brief search to see if I could find an independent source confirming the
authenticity of this photo, but to no luck.

I leave it as an exercise for the readership.

Dave
Old May 23rd 11, 03:51 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
John Szalay[_2_]

David Spain wrote in
:

Final comments:

Errata in title, this looks more like 'D' than 'E'.

Also, as appropriate for a 'Galaxy-class' starship, a serendipitous
framing of this photo looks to place the constellation Sagittarius and
hence the center of our Milky Way in the background.

The skeptic in me wonders if this is a little 'too' serendipitous? I
did a brief search to see if I could find an independent source
confirming the authenticity of this photo, but to no luck.

I leave it as an exercise for the readership.

Dave

not exactly but pretty close..

http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/sseop/EFS/ph...ISS006-E-51691

Still looking, there over 1,000,000 photo in the library.
Old May 23rd 11, 08:07 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

On 5/23/2011 4:19 AM, David Spain wrote:
Final comments:

Errata in title, this looks more like 'D' than 'E'.

I'd say it looks more like an E based on the attached engineering hull
and pylon design:
http://www.madmaniakid.co.uk/images/...ss_section.jpg

Also, as appropriate for a 'Galaxy-class' starship, a serendipitous
framing of this photo looks to place the constellation Sagittarius and
hence the center of our Milky Way in the background.

The skeptic in me wonders if this is a little 'too' serendipitous? I did
a brief search to see if I could find an independent source confirming
the authenticity of this photo, but to no luck.

I leave it as an exercise for the readership.

And the readership responds that it's a real NASA image:
http://www.universetoday.com/73846/aurora/

Pat

Old May 23rd 11, 08:53 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
David Spain

David Spain wrote:
John Szalay wrote:
Its real.. theres only 45,508 images from this EXPEDITION to sort
through.. But
http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/scripts/sseop/QuickView.pl?
directory=ESC&ID=ISS023-E-60560

Holy smokes!

Next time I won't be quite so glib about 'exercises for the readership'...

Please, please don't tell your boss what you were doing today ok?
I won't either! Promise!

;-)

Dave

And thank you for finding that!

(sheesh, what an ingrate I am...)

Dave
Old May 23rd 11, 11:09 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
John Szalay[_2_]

David Spain wrote in
:

John Szalay wrote:
Its real.. theres only 45,508 images from this EXPEDITION to sort
through.. But

http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/scripts/sseop/QuickView.pl?
directory=ESC&ID=ISS023-E-60560

Holy smokes!

Next time I won't be quite so glib about 'exercises for the
readership'...

Please, please don't tell your boss what you were doing today ok?
I won't either! Promise!

;-)

Dave

DDSS

I, are retired..
and the NASA photo files are a treat for me.. :-)

Old May 23rd 11, 11:11 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
John Szalay[_2_]

David Spain wrote in
And thank you for finding that!

(sheesh, what an ingrate I am...)