Observing - Darn, Darn, Darn! I just realized....

Old June 7th 04, 04:59 AM
Mark Smith

Default Observing - Darn, Darn, Darn! I just realized....

I'm out of town tomorrow night. I'm in California and was planning on
being up late viewing the Transit on some of the webcasts and maybe
the Soho images.

Unfortunately, I'm in Seattle and will probably have a dialup
connection so no such luck. I'll just have to download some of the
images after the fact.

And to make matters worse?

CSC has Washington pretty much clouded over tomorrow so my plan to
take my Binoculars up and look around won't work very well either.

SIGH.

Clear, Dark Skies,

Mark
Old June 7th 04, 12:52 PM
Jon Isaacs

CSC has Washington pretty much clouded over tomorrow so my plan to
take my Binoculars up and look around won't work very well either.

Not exactly an unusual state of affairs in Western Washington....

There's a good reason why Anacortes Telescope and Wild Bird is not an Astro
only store... g

jon
Old June 7th 04, 02:30 PM
Larry Tubbs

Mark Smith wrote in message . ..
I'm out of town tomorrow night. I'm in California and was planning on
being up late viewing the Transit on some of the webcasts and maybe
the Soho images.

According to NASA, SOHO will not be able to see the transit anyway.
From its halo orbit, Venus passes below the sun.

But there is a webcast from Greece:

http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/sunear...serve_2004.htm

Enjoy,

--Lar
Old June 7th 04, 03:40 PM
Martin R. Howell

Mark Smith observed:

CSC has Washington pretty much clouded over tomorrow

Things have changed. Give CSC a look now for the Seattle area and you'll
find that tonight (Monday night) offers pretty good conditions between 9:00
p.m. through 5:00 a.m. on Tuesday. Of course, it could change for the
worse again, but I'm planning on getting my scope out.

--
Martin
"Photographs From the Universe of Amateur Astronomy"

Old June 7th 04, 05:51 PM
Howard Lester

"Jon Isaacs" wrote

Not exactly an unusual state of affairs in Western Washington....

When I lived in Seattle, I always gave the weather forecast in October:
"Rain, with partial clearing toward April." The rest of the year is
surprisingly nice with a decent amount of sunshine.

Howard

Old June 7th 04, 06:43 PM
Howard Lester

"John 'Perry Como' Steinberg" wrote

Howard "The Bluest Skies I've Ever Seen" Lester wrote:

When I lived in Seattle, I always gave the weather forecast in October:
"Rain, with partial clearing toward April." ..

Let it also be known by all, that when Howard lived in Seattle, back
hair was sexy, a night club was a large wooden shaft used for taking
down nocturnal animals, and Woolly Mammoths still roamed the planet.

roar?

Just how old is Howard? (I question I often field privately.)

Let's just say that when people call him at 7:30 pm, they invariably
ask, "Did I wake you?"

Well, it DOES get dark out, you know, and I can't build a fire in the
backyard, so...

Old June 7th 04, 11:26 PM
Martin R. Howell

John Steinberg wrote:

Just how old is Howard? (I question I often field privately.)

Let's just say that when people call him at 7:30 pm, they invariably
ask, "Did I wake you?"

John,

So are you saying that perhaps Howard should stop buying green bananas?

--
Martin

Old June 7th 04, 11:38 PM
Howard Lester

"Martin R. Howell" wrote

John,

So are you saying that perhaps Howard should stop buying green bananas?

Or he should quit watching Ernie Kovacs' reruns of the Nairobi Trio.