CHANDRAYAAN = ? Photoshop + cut and paste ?

Old November 14th 08, 07:58 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.astronomy,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,uk.sci.astronomy
harmony

Default CHANDRAYAAN = ? Photoshop + cut and paste ?

"BradGuth" wrote in message
On Nov 13, 2:38 pm, "harmony" wrote:
still no good pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"BradGuth" wrote in message

What gives? (why the delay?)

Is our DARPA and NASA telling India/ISRO what they can or can't do?

Is our Selene/moon still nondisclosure rated?

Why not allow India/ISRO to share raw/unaltered science data from all
11 instruments, including those original full digital frames of raw
(monochrome and color) images?

~ Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth BG / “Guth Usenet”

They must be having lots of HySI and TMC imaging problems, likely due
to the local gamma, X-rays and the UV reactive surface of Selene. As
otherwise there should have been at least dozens of crisp monochrome
and otherwise color/hue saturated images to behold, not to mention
from whatever their impactor probe had to share.

Apparently public funded science is strictly a need-to-know policy,
though I can't hardly believe our DARPA and NASA don't have a firm
grip upon their private parts.

~ BG

the latest is the mip box was dropped and has hit the moon surface. but no
picture.

Old November 14th 08, 08:26 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.astronomy,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,uk.sci.astronomy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

OM wrote:

:On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 07:24:05 -0600, Pat Flannery
:wrote:
:
:OM mentioned the Nazis several times, so it has indeed fulfilled
:"Godwin's Law" about it all getting around to Hitler and the Nazi's
:sooner or later.
:
:...Mike Godwin's an old friend of mine.
:

That explains *SO* much. I remember when he first showed up on
Usenet, acting like an idiot...

:
:He'd agree that back in the
:days before AOHell ruined Usenet, and Google Groups castrated it, all
:you had to do with idiots like Guthball and Pain-in-the-ass was to
:file complaints with his ISP and/or whoever was providing the Usenet
:feeds, and gone they were.
:

That's never been true. You have to actually be doing something other
than being nuts. They were more likely to punt people like you...

territory."
--G. Behn
Old November 14th 08, 08:46 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.astronomy,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

"BradGuth" wrote in message

[...]

There should have been more than pictures, not only via HySI and TMC,
but also via the MIP camera, plus loads of other science data
extracted and sorted through by now.

Did anything of their MIP survive the free-fall encounter with the
physically dark and otherwise crystal dry kind of dusty and
electrostatic charged surface of Selene?

~ BG
Old November 14th 08, 09:52 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.astronomy,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

wrote:

OM mentioned the Nazis several times, so it has indeed fulfilled
"Godwin's Law" about it all getting around to Hitler and the Nazi's
sooner or later.

...Mike Godwin's an old friend of mine. He'd agree that back in the
days before AOHell ruined Usenet, and Google Groups castrated it, all
you had to do with idiots like Guthball and Pain-in-the-ass was to
file complaints with his ISP and/or whoever was providing the Usenet
feeds, and gone they were.

OM

Good God OM what was that....15, heck 20 years ago?

Do you REALLY pine for the days of PSU freshman and when talk.bizarre WAS
really bizarre and when alt.flame was actually FUN to read? Yup, I remember
those days of the elite computer scientists and networking folks who lorded
over usenet back in the day. It was both fun and real strict about what went
on. I recall not a lot of vulgar language, but maybe I have rose colored
glasses, who knows.

I had been 'away' from usenet for about 12 years when I decided to come
back.....yeah some of the folks are a pain in the ass, but I have to say I
never used a killfile then and I sure as hell won't now. I won't say people
are cowards who do, because frankly every person's tolerance is different
but geez you seem to not like a whole bagful of people. And....your language
would make a sailor blush...tsk tsk.Which is NOT to say that I don't use the
same language....cuz I do, it always makes me wince when I read it on a
computer screen....which is really my problem not yours.

I had a damn point, but I lost track of what it was.....maybe it is to just
remember that this isn't the days before AOL or Web TV (omg) and we'll
probably never see those glorious spam free (mostly) days again.....or the
days of people who post stuff whether it is on topic or not (speaking of
which....blush). These are the days of complete and total chaos and
anarchy....and we all gots to deal, y'know? There's no point to hating
EVERYONE'S guts all the time....it just makes your blood pressure and your
bile get all outta whack. Which makes for being an unhappy camper....and
there seems to be lots of those people these days all over usenet.

kinda sad if you ask me.

Doug

Speaking about "kinda sad if you ask me" are those changing the topic/
subject and dropping the other newsgroups in order to suit their own
ulterior motives. Is that pathetic, or what?

"CHANDRAYAAN = ? Oh the pain....Oh the AGONY!"

from the original topic/subject of:

Old November 14th 08, 10:44 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.astronomy,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

On Nov 10, 10:37 pm, BradGuth wrote:
What gives? (why the delay?)

Is our DARPA and NASA telling India/ISRO what they can or can't do?

Is our Selene/moon still nondisclosure rated?

Why not allow India/ISRO to share raw/unaltered science data from all
11 instruments, including those original full digital frames of raw
(monochrome and color) images?

~ Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth BG / “Guth Usenet”

Finally, a couple of their honest MIP images. (good thing I wasn't
holding by breath)

http://www.ridingwithrobots.org/blog/?p=976

Where's all the rest, including their HySI and TMC images?

How about the other 8 science payloads? (dead, alive or need-to-know?)

Why so damn little from ISRO?

~ BG
Old November 14th 08, 10:46 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.astronomy,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

"BradGuth" wrote in message

[...]

Not much, but at least it's a little something.

Old November 15th 08, 12:37 AM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.astronomy,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,uk.sci.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

wrote:

OM mentioned the Nazis several times, so it has indeed fulfilled
"Godwin's Law" about it all getting around to Hitler and the Nazi's
sooner or later.

...Mike Godwin's an old friend of mine. He'd agree that back in the
days before AOHell ruined Usenet, and Google Groups castrated it, all
you had to do with idiots like Guthball and Pain-in-the-ass . . .

tips oversized cat-in-the-hat hat

Gee, that's SO original.

Guess we're back to dealing with tindergartners again.

Godwin's your friend? Riiight. That ol' vampire would
turn over in his coffin and fly right at your spindley li'l
neck if he saw your clueless newbie brand of censorship.

Try harder, mate, yor diggin yor own grave here. I just
KNOW you can do better. Yor loosin the audience!

And a brief note to all those who read this post and didn't
want to read this post... WHY ON EARTH did you READ
THIS POST???! g

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

P.S.: "Be ashamed to die until you have won some
victory for humanity."
Horace Mann

P.P.S.: http://yummycake.secretsgolden.com
http://garden-of-ebooks.blogspot.com
http://painellsworth.net

Old November 15th 08, 01:29 AM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.astronomy,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,uk.sci.astronomy
Kevin Willoughby

Rand Simberg wrote:
On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 18:57:34 -0500, in a place far, far away, kevin
willoughby made the phosphor on my

Honestly, I've got a pretty well defined set of killfiles, yet between
OM and you I see a heck of a lot of the noise that dominates this group.
Could both of you follow your own advise and just shut up on the
toller's threads?

If we do so, then no one will learn to not feed the troll.

uh, you're feeding the troll so that no one will feed the troll? Isn't
that oxymoronic?

"It became necessary to destroy the village in order to save it."
--
Kevin Willoughby lid

It doesn't take many trips in Air Force One
to spoil you. -- Ronald Reagan
Old November 15th 08, 06:49 AM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.astronomy,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,uk.sci.astronomy
Pat Flannery

kevin willoughby wrote:

uh, you're feeding the troll so that no one will feed the troll? Isn't
that oxymoronic?

"It became necessary to destroy the village in order to save it."

Sounds like troll mischief to me...

Treebeard
Old November 15th 08, 01:25 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.astronomy,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,uk.sci.astronomy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 20:29:58 -0500, in a place far, far away, kevin

Rand Simberg wrote:
On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 18:57:34 -0500, in a place far, far away, kevin
willoughby made the phosphor on my

Honestly, I've got a pretty well defined set of killfiles, yet between
OM and you I see a heck of a lot of the noise that dominates this group.
Could both of you follow your own advise and just shut up on the
toller's threads?

If we do so, then no one will learn to not feed the troll.

uh, you're feeding the troll so that no one will feed the troll? Isn't
that oxymoronic?

No. I'm not feeding the troll. I'm asking a troll feeder to stop
doing so.