CHANDRAYAAN = ? Photoshop + cut and paste ?

Old November 12th 08, 09:01 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.astronomy,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,uk.sci.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

Default CHANDRAYAAN = ? Photoshop + cut and paste ?

A couple of monochrome Earth pics have been uploaded...

http://www.isro.org/pslv-c11/photos/moon_images.htm

And here's the latest...

http://www.isro.org/pressrelease/Nov12_2008.htm

Chandrayaan-1 has a r r i v e d !

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

P.S.: "Be ashamed to die until you have won
some victory for humanity."
Horace Mann

P.P.S.: http://yummycake.secretsgolden.com
http://garden-of-ebooks.blogspot.com
http://painellsworth.net

Old November 12th 08, 09:02 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.astronomy,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,uk.sci.astronomy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 20:46:42 GMT, in a place far, far away, "Painius"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

"OM" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 06:37:54 GMT, "Painius"
wrote:

Sorry, but i see Brad get picked on a lot. And frankly,
he does bring much of it on himself.

...And deservedly so. He's obviously in need of a very long
incarceration in a rubber room at the local funny farm. Until that
happens, anytime anyone responds to the retarded ******* for any
reason whatsoever, you're wasting bandwidth.

You seem to be intelligent. Why is it so difficult for you to grasp
that responding to a loon is *not*?

Thank you, OM, you "mantra", you! g Well, maybe
things aren't always as they seem, or maybe Brad can
often appeal to my "cutting-edge" physics/astronomy
mindset. Whatever the reason, i rarely find any cause
for behaving too negatively in a global communications
medium. Improve relations, make the world a better
place, all that stuff.

No one is asking you to "behave negatively." We're asking you to not
encourage a very unfortunate man who is clearly mentally ill, and is
not getting treatment, to continue posting, and to just ignore him, as
most here have for years. We don't want to read the output of
whatever his ongoing problem is, and have correspondingly killfiled
him. When you reply to him, you are feeding a troll, and our only
recourse is to killfile you as well, if we don't want to see his
verbal diarrhea.
Old November 12th 08, 09:18 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.astronomy,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,uk.sci.astronomy
harmony

what's the mip thing they are going to be dropping from 100 miles above
about? wouldn't it get all smashed up?
they can't use a parachute, can they?

Old November 12th 08, 10:41 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.astronomy,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

"Painius" wrote in message

A couple of monochrome Earth pics have been uploaded...

http://www.isro.org/pslv-c11/photos/moon_images.htm

And here's the latest...

http://www.isro.org/pressrelease/Nov12_2008.htm

Chandrayaan-1 has a r r i v e d !

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

P.S.: "Be ashamed to die until you have won
some victory for humanity."
Horace Mann

P.P.S.: http://yummycake.secretsgolden.com
http://garden-of-ebooks.blogspot.com
http://painellsworth.net

It's just an impactor with a few essential instruments for extracting
science data from their 25 minute fall from the sky, so to speak.
However, if they get lucky and find a targeted soft spot, there's a
slim chance that something of their impactor could survive. As far as
we know, there is no retro-thrust prior to impact, so it's going to
hit pretty damn hard. (I bet it sinks out of sight, unless it hits
bedrock and vaporises)

ISRO has a couple of good web page links telling us what they hope to
accomplish.

http://www.chandrayaan-i.com/chandra...loads/mip.html

http://www.isro.org/chandrayaan/htmls/mip.htm

~ BG
Old November 12th 08, 10:54 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.astronomy,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

On Nov 12, 9:49 am, Jim Newman wrote:
BradGuth wrote:

The photograph in question was taken from near Earth orbit - 311,200km
from the moon. The equipment used to take the photograph is /designed/
to be used at a distance of about 100km. When in normal use, the
resolution will be 3000x better because the camera will be 3000x nearer.

In other words, you're saying it's out of focus. Sure, why the hell
not.

Sigh
Get your digital camera.
Set focus to infinity.
Take a photo of the moon.
Crop to include just the Moon.
Resize the crop so the moon diameter is about 700 pixels.

Learn the difference between 'focus' and 'resolution'

I'd use PhotoZoom, or something like that, but why bother to PhotoShop
anything, especially when a give-away cell phone camera and a Walmart
telescope can take as good if not better picture from Earth.

You're saying their TMC doesn't have a telephoto lens or enough
pixels?

Haven't they been extremely nearby Selene and taking pictures like
crazy?

~ BG
Old November 12th 08, 11:49 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.astronomy,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,uk.sci.astronomy
Jim Newman[_3_]

BradGuth wrote:

[...]

Of course it bloody doesn't - if it was designed for use at 311,200km it
would be useless at 100km and (as you have seen) vice versa.
Old November 12th 08, 11:52 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.astronomy,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,uk.sci.astronomy
Jim Newman[_3_]

OM wrote:
On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 17:49:16 +0000, Jim Newman wrote:

Learn the difference between 'focus' and 'resolution'

...How about you learning NOT to feed ****ing trolls like Brad Guth?

Would you like me to show you how to ignore a thread? It's quite easily
done.
Old November 13th 08, 12:59 AM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.astronomy,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,uk.sci.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 20:46:42 GMT, in a place far, far away, "Painius"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

I'll miss you. Which is precisely why i don't killfile
you *or* Brad. Don't wanna miss anything just
because i was afraid to use my mouse to click

Let me know how life is in the slow lane! And don't
let the door hitcha in the ass on your way out!

I L O V E T H I S U N I V E R S E !

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

Old November 13th 08, 01:01 AM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.astronomy,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,uk.sci.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

"OM" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 21:02:25 GMT, h (Rand
Simberg) wrote:

When you reply to him, you are feeding a troll, and our only
recourse is to killfile you as well, if we don't want to see his
verbal diarrhea.

...The sheer irony is that Rand replied with more than two sentences,
and it probably had about as much effect as my initial attempt to get
this guy to stop feeding Guthball his troll treats.

OM

--

]=====================================[
] OMBlog -

If you'd plonked me, then how would you know?

Tch-tch, guess i wasn't much of a log, huh.

Fibber! g

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

Old November 13th 08, 01:50 AM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.astronomy,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

On Nov 12, 5:01 pm, "Painius" wrote:
"OM" wrote in message

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 21:02:25 GMT, (Rand
Simberg) wrote:

When you reply to him, you are feeding a troll, and our only
recourse is to killfile you as well, if we don't want to see his
verbal diarrhea.

...The sheer irony is that Rand replied with more than two sentences,
and it probably had about as much effect as my initial attempt to get
this guy to stop feeding Guthball his troll treats.

OM

--

]=====================================[
] OMBlog -http://www.io.com/~o_m/omworld [
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
] an obnoxious opinion in your day! [

If you'd plonked me, then how would you know?

Tch-tch, guess i wasn't much of a log, huh.

Fibber! g

Interesting how OM and Rand Simberg need to topic/author stalk and
killfile so much. They also have to use clipping services that only
feed NASA approved context, as everything else gets blocked or
rejected. We don't necessarily understand because it's a genetic
Zionist/Nazi thing, similar to Muslims having WMD.

~ BG