Wesley Clark Support Warp Drive, Time Travel

Old September 30th 03, 09:15 PM
Mark R. Whittington

Default Wesley Clark Support Warp Drive, Time Travel

At least one Democrat has a space policy:

Mark R. Whittington
http://curmudgeons.blogspot.com
Co-author of Nocturne, a Novel of Suspense
http://www.xlibris.com/nocturne.html
Author of Children of Apollo
http://www.xlibris.com/childrenofapollo.html

Old September 30th 03, 10:58 PM
Joann Evans

"Mark R. Whittington" wrote:

At least one Democrat has a space policy:

Mark R. Whittington
http://curmudgeons.blogspot.com
Co-author of Nocturne, a Novel of Suspense
http://www.xlibris.com/nocturne.html
Author of Children of Apollo
http://www.xlibris.com/childrenofapollo.html

Until Zefram Cochrane is born, I'd like to know what his position is
on more mundane forms of spaceflight are.....

Old September 30th 03, 11:12 PM
Rand Simberg

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:58:43 GMT, in a place far, far away, Joann
Evans made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

Until Zefram Cochrane is born, I'd like to know what his position is
on more mundane forms of spaceflight are.....

Given his other deficits, I'm not sure that I care. I can't imagine
voting for him under any circumstances.

Old October 1st 03, 01:51 AM
Brett Buck

Rand Simberg wrote:
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:58:43 GMT, in a place far, far away, Joann
Evans made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

Until Zefram Cochrane is born, I'd like to know what his position is
on more mundane forms of spaceflight are.....

Given his other deficits, I'm not sure that I care. I can't imagine
voting for him under any circumstances.

Even after the Clintons hand-picked him?

Brett

Old October 1st 03, 02:31 AM
Rand Simberg

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 00:51:48 GMT, in a place far, far away, Brett Buck

Rand Simberg wrote:
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:58:43 GMT, in a place far, far away, Joann
Evans made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

Until Zefram Cochrane is born, I'd like to know what his position is
on more mundane forms of spaceflight are.....

Given his other deficits, I'm not sure that I care. I can't imagine
voting for him under any circumstances.

Even after the Clintons hand-picked him?

;-)

No, not even then...

Old October 1st 03, 02:41 AM
Brett Buck

Rand Simberg wrote:

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:58:43 GMT, in a place far, far away, Joann
Evans made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

Until Zefram Cochrane is born, I'd like to know what his position is
on more mundane forms of spaceflight are.....

Given his other deficits, I'm not sure that I care. I can't imagine
voting for him under any circumstances.

Even after the Clintons hand-picked him?

;-)

No, not even then...

Well, there goes *your* invitiation to Hillary's Inaugural Ball!

Brett

Old October 1st 03, 02:55 AM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"Brett Buck" wrote in message

Well, there goes *your* invitiation to Hillary's Inaugural Ball!

I think Monica already got that invite.

Oh wait, wrong Clinton.

Brett

Old October 1st 03, 03:49 AM
Brett Buck

Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:
"Brett Buck" wrote in message

Well, there goes *your* invitiation to Hillary's Inaugural Ball!

I think Monica already got that invite.

Oh wait, wrong Clinton.

Don't jump to any conclusions.

Brett

Old October 1st 03, 12:15 PM
Joann Evans

Rand Simberg wrote:

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:58:43 GMT, in a place far, far away, Joann
Evans made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

Until Zefram Cochrane is born, I'd like to know what his position is
on more mundane forms of spaceflight are.....

Given his other deficits, I'm not sure that I care. I can't imagine
voting for him under any circumstances.

Well, this certainly does tend to support your (and other) assertions
that a 'pro-space' stance soesn't help, and may actually hinder a
candidate. Had he addressed things like encouraging space development,
he would've at least avoided sounding like a flake...

(Which has nothing to do withwether FTL travel is ever possible or
not, it's simply totally irrelevant at this time. "Mr. President, I
canna change the laws of physics!")
Old October 1st 03, 10:26 PM
Explorer8939

Whoa, you guys are letting partisanship blind you on this one.

Gen Clark clearly indicated that he knew that FTL violated the laws of
physics as we know them today, all he was saying he that he has faith
that some day we will find a way to exceed light speed. He did not say
we would do this tomorrow, or how we would do it.

Give the guy a break, if Bush had said it, you guys would be falling
over one other to talk about what a visionary the guy is.