Justice For Pluto

Old August 25th 06, 06:56 AM posted to alt.politics,sci.space.history,de.sci.astronomie,sci.astro.amateur,sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Default Justice For Pluto

Planetary status has been stripped from Pluto.

This is a disrespectful way to treat our friend in distant space.
Earth and Pluto have long coexisted in peace and harmony, and to
declare our fellow solar body a "Dwarf Planet" is unacceptable and
undignified.

Tell the International Astronomical Union (IAU) that you demand Justice
For Pluto.

http://www.cafepress.com/JusticeForPluto

Old August 25th 06, 09:19 AM posted to de.sci.astronomie,sci.astro.amateur,sci.space.policy
Thomas Richter

schrieb:

Planetary status has been stripped from Pluto.

Tell the International Astronomical Union (IAU) that you demand Justice
For Pluto.

http://www.cafepress.com/JusticeForPluto

Never!
The opinion of a few americans doesnt count.

Well done! We have 8.
And 3-4 more dwarfs.

cu
Th
Old August 25th 06, 05:23 PM posted to alt.politics,sci.space.history,de.sci.astronomie,sci.astro.amateur,sci.space.policy
Captain Compassion

On 24 Aug 2006 22:56:09 -0700, wrote:

Planetary status has been stripped from Pluto.

This is a disrespectful way to treat our friend in distant space.
Earth and Pluto have long coexisted in peace and harmony, and to
declare our fellow solar body a "Dwarf Planet" is unacceptable and
undignified.

Tell the International Astronomical Union (IAU) that you demand Justice
For Pluto.

http://www.cafepress.com/JusticeForPluto

How does this effect astrology?

--
"Science is the record of dead religions." -- Oscar Wilde

"There are no absolute certainties in this universe. A man must try to
whip order into a yelping pack of probabilities, and uniform success is
impossible." -- Jack Vance

"Civilization is the interval between Ice Ages." -- Will Durant.

"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography" -- Ambrose Bierce

"Progress is the increasing control of the environment by life.
--Will Durant

Joseph R. Darancette

Old August 25th 06, 05:33 PM posted to alt.politics,sci.space.history,de.sci.astronomie,sci.astro.amateur,sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Captain Compassion wrote:
On 24 Aug 2006 22:56:09 -0700, wrote:
Planetary status has been stripped from Pluto.

This is a disrespectful way to treat our friend in distant space.
Earth and Pluto have long coexisted in peace and harmony, and to
declare our fellow solar body a "Dwarf Planet" is unacceptable and
undignified.

Tell the International Astronomical Union (IAU) that you demand Justice
For Pluto.

Agree..Why change a 70 year tradition - only for the sake of change.
It was a very stupid thing to do.

http://www.cafepress.com/JusticeForPluto

How does this effect astrology?

Apparently it doesn't change anything.
Heard one astrologer speak on this, stating that astrologers has all
along grouped Pluto with Neptune symbology.

Old August 25th 06, 05:35 PM posted to alt.politics,sci.space.history,de.sci.astronomie,sci.astro.amateur,sci.space.policy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:23:27 -0700, in a place far, far away, Captain
Compassion made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

On 24 Aug 2006 22:56:09 -0700, wrote:

Planetary status has been stripped from Pluto.

This is a disrespectful way to treat our friend in distant space.
Earth and Pluto have long coexisted in peace and harmony, and to
declare our fellow solar body a "Dwarf Planet" is unacceptable and
undignified.

Tell the International Astronomical Union (IAU) that you demand Justice
For Pluto.

http://www.cafepress.com/JusticeForPluto

How does this effect astrology?

Who cares?
Old August 25th 06, 05:48 PM posted to alt.politics,sci.space.history,de.sci.astronomie,sci.astro.amateur,sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko

wrote:
Captain Compassion wrote:
On 24 Aug 2006 22:56:09 -0700,
wrote:
Planetary status has been stripped from Pluto.

This is a disrespectful way to treat our friend in distant space.
Earth and Pluto have long coexisted in peace and harmony, and to
declare our fellow solar body a "Dwarf Planet" is unacceptable and
undignified.

Tell the International Astronomical Union (IAU) that you demand Justice
For Pluto.

Agree..Why change a 70 year tradition - only for the sake of change.
It was a very stupid thing to do.

Hey, 70 years as a planet is pretty good, then all the sudden Pluto's
cousins showed up. What people must understand is that at one time
Ceres, the largest asteroid, was once a planet until dozens and then
hundreds and now thousands of asteroids are now known. Are they ALL
planets? No, they are a class within a belt. Likewise, Pluto is the
first of a new classification of objects within a belt. So if you want
tradition then what the IAU did is consistent. The fact that it upsets
your world view can't be helped other than by you getting a better
education about the solar system.

http://www.cafepress.com/JusticeForPluto

How does this effect astrology?

Apparently it doesn't change anything.
Heard one astrologer speak on this, stating that astrologers has all
along grouped Pluto with Neptune symbology.

Right, astrology was bunk, is now bunk and will always be bunk.

Eric

Old August 25th 06, 05:49 PM posted to alt.politics,sci.space.history,de.sci.astronomie,sci.astro.amateur,sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko

Rand Simberg wrote:
On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:23:27 -0700, in a place far, far away, Captain
Compassion made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

On 24 Aug 2006 22:56:09 -0700, wrote:

Planetary status has been stripped from Pluto.

This is a disrespectful way to treat our friend in distant space.
Earth and Pluto have long coexisted in peace and harmony, and to
declare our fellow solar body a "Dwarf Planet" is unacceptable and
undignified.

Tell the International Astronomical Union (IAU) that you demand Justice
For Pluto.

http://www.cafepress.com/JusticeForPluto

How does this effect astrology?

Who cares?

Apparently astrologers and at one time Nancy Reagan.