How to describe autism?

Old August 12th 04, 03:31 AM
Richard Schumacher

Default How to describe autism?

I'd rather not say.
Old August 12th 04, 05:56 AM
Michael Malloy

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 21:31:09 -0500, Richard Schumacher
wrote:

I'd rather not say.

Does Asperger's count?

It's like everyone around you is a black box. You cannot understand
the inner workings of anyone, so you are constantly stepping "over the
line," because normal human behavior is a mystery to you.

You learn to compensate by using your intellect, and approaching the
problem of figuring out others the same way you would approach
computer programming. People are much less predictable and
rule-driven, but it is amazing how much intelligence can compensate
for lack of intuition.

I've compensated to the point at which I am capable of intense and
mutually gratifying relationships. I am now married.

Hope this helps.

Michael "Vortex of Terror" Malloy
32nd heir to the fortunes of soda baroness Fontana Dew
Witness to the Great Stapler Migration of 1926
Acting Vice President of the United States, 1943-1945
Old August 12th 04, 07:24 AM
Afoklala

Op Thu, 12 Aug 2004 04:56:47 GMT schreef Michael Malloy:

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 21:31:09 -0500, Richard Schumacher
wrote:

I'd rather not say.

Does Asperger's count?

Can people set their Follow-Up headers correctly, so that discussions about
classical music appear in the classical music group, and discussions about
autism appear in the autism group? (etc)
This is all confusing, and might jeopardize privacy concerns too.
--
Jan Willem from Odijk, Netherlands
e-mail in From-field is wrong, real e-mail is:

And then there's this:
Annoy the IRS: Fill out your tax form using binary
Old August 12th 04, 07:30 PM
The City of Defensive Illusion

wrote:

I'd rather not say.

Does Asperger's count?

Can people set their Follow-Up headers correctly, so that discussions about
classical music appear in the classical music group, and discussions about
autism appear in the autism group? (etc)
This is all confusing, and might jeopardize privacy concerns too.

This is an interesting riddle. I don't think people in general can set
their followups thus, because people, as a group do not have any
meaningful statistics. Perhaps if we looked at isolated incidents of
one person, we might be able to come to a better understanding of the
possibilities in this case.

As for privacy and security concerns, there are none. The government
sees through your walls as if they were wet paper mache.

Old August 12th 04, 07:56 PM
John Oster

George W. Bush.