Making Progress to ISS

Old October 31st 11, 03:50 AM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.policy
snidely

Default Making Progress to ISS

The Washington Post is among those reporting the successful launch of the
latest Progress, on Oct 30.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...ship-launched-
successfully-to-the-international-space-
station/2011/10/30/gIQA1HBDVM_story.html
or http://tinyurl.com/WP-ProgressOct30

Here's the NASA video on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJcMvUNIAhc
(There's also an ITN version at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErYiaUahoTo)

/dps
Old October 31st 11, 09:38 AM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.policy
Brian Gaff

So one assumes then that the failure of the previous one is now understood
is it?

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.

Old October 31st 11, 04:46 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.policy
Glen Overby[_1_]

Brian Gaff wrote:
So one assumes then that the failure of the previous one is now understood
is it?

The Russians say they understand it, but there seems to be a lot of cynicism
about their conclusion. Particularly about how quickly they came to the
conclusion that it was a single incident manufacturing problem.

Glen Overby
Old February 17th 12, 06:03 AM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.policy
snidely

Glen Overby laid this down on his screen :
Brian Gaff wrote:
So one assumes then that the failure of the previous one is now understood
is it?

The Russians say they understand it, but there seems to be a lot of cynicism
about their conclusion. Particularly about how quickly they came to the
conclusion that it was a single incident manufacturing problem.

Maybe they are going with the idea of making a new and different
mistake for each failure.

/dps

Old February 17th 12, 08:20 AM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.policy
Brian Gaff

You know this sounds very like the old Nasa attitude before they started
losing people again.
So what did they do to that Soyuz that made it leak the other day, now
delaying a launch till they get a new craft and the current one will need to
be reworked.
Something to do with over pressure? That sounds familiar as well.

Brian

Old February 17th 12, 04:26 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.policy
David Spain

Brian Gaff wrote:
You know this sounds very like the old Nasa attitude before they started
losing people again.
So what did they do to that Soyuz that made it leak the other day, now
delaying a launch till they get a new craft and the current one will need to
be reworked.
Something to do with over pressure? That sounds familiar as well.

Brian

Might I also suggest they avoid missions, dates and times with the number 13?

Dave
Old February 18th 12, 12:25 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

On Feb 18, 3:10*am, "Brian Gaff" wrote:
Hmm, well, I refuse to believe that the number is important.
*its far more likely its those who see the number and are affected by it
make mistakes.
*If we are goint to let superstitions affect *things, we might as well give
up.
*Brian

--
Blind user, so no pictures please!"David Spain" wrote in message

Brian Gaff wrote:
You know this sounds very like the old Nasa *attitude before they started
losing people again.
*So what did they do to that Soyuz that made it leak the other day, now
delaying a launch till they get a new craft and the current one will need
to be reworked.
*Something to do with over pressure? That sounds familiar as well.

Brian

Might I also suggest they avoid missions, dates and times with the number
13?

Dave- Hide quoted text -

no matter what there is rot in russias space program. if its not
corrected they / we will lose a crew. or more likely see ISS unmanned,
dropping modules all over our world.
Old February 18th 12, 09:03 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.policy
David Spain

Brian Gaff wrote:
Hmm, well, I refuse to believe that the number is important.
its far more likely its those who see the number and are affected by it
make mistakes.
If we are goin[g] to let superstitions affect things, we might as well give
up.
Brian

Ooops, forgot the smiley in my OP!

So he :-)

Apollo 12, Apollo 12a, Apollo 14...

Dave

Old February 19th 12, 03:50 AM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

On Feb 18, 4:03*pm, David Spain wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:
Hmm, well, I refuse to believe that the number is important.
*its far more likely its those who see the number and are affected by it
make mistakes.
*If we are goin[g] to let superstitions affect *things, we might as well give
up.
*Brian

Ooops, forgot the smiley in my OP!

So he :-)

Apollo 12, Apollo 12a, Apollo 14...

Dave

its odd all nasa losses have been about the same time late january.

apollo one, challenger, columbia.

apollo 13 launching at 13 13 is another wierd happening