Let's Destroy The Myth Of Astrology!!

Old December 9th 03, 07:10 PM
Laura

Default Let's Destroy The Myth Of Astrology!!

"GFHWalker" wrote in message
Don't knock religion, just because you don't understand it.

There is more evidence against religion than there is against astrology,

as I
will be happy to reveal to you. Overwhelming evidence. Scientific

evidence.

Science does not deal with proving negatives.
That there is no proof *of* God, or astrology, is not the same thing as
there being proof *against* them.
So I would like to see your so-called evidence against religion. I suspect
that what you have is a lack of evidence for it.

We all want to believe in god, but believing what you want to believe

isn't the
road to truth. It is the road to self-deception and denial of evidence.

Surely
it is better to believe in what is real than to believe in a fantasy?

First of all, I question whether *you* want to believe in God. If you really
wanted to, you would.
Second, I question whether it is always better to believe in what is real.
Often, reality does nothing to help deal with emotional problems. Religion,
on the other hand, is well suited to do that.

Put your faith in evidence, not in dogma!

Dogma does not necessarily equal religion. It is possible to be religious or
spiritual without being dogmatic.
In any event, faith is best placed in whatever system of thought that is
best suited to make sense of a given situation. Sometimes, science is best
suited. Other times, religion (spirituality) works best.

Old December 9th 03, 10:28 PM
OG

"GFHWalker" wrote in message
If something is not reasonable or rational then by definition it must be
unreasonable and irrational. Astrology springs to mind, and also religion.

To prove your statement true, please provide one example of unreasonable

or
irrational thinking which has ever provided an answer to a human problem

or
situation which someone has encountered, and which didn't involve
self-deception or denial of evidence.

People turn to unreasonable and irrational thinking in order to believe

what
they want to believe, but this is never the road to truth. Truth is always
about evidence.

Would you trust any court to reach the correct verdict, on any matter,

without
evidence??

You have not lived.

I truly hope your life is always sweet.