Nearby Galaxy Distances

Old December 8th 03, 08:42 PM
Steve Willner

Default Nearby Galaxy Distances

Anybody have a handy list of nearby, bright galaxies sorted by
distance using modern distance determinations such as Cepheids? I'm
looking for outside the local group to 4-5 Mpc or so. I can do the
literature search and put together the list myself if necessary, but
it would be nice if someone else has already done the work.

--
Steve Willner Phone 617-495-7123
Cambridge, MA 02138 USA
Old December 9th 03, 08:51 PM
greywolf42

Steve Willner wrote in message
Anybody have a handy list of nearby, bright galaxies sorted by
distance using modern distance determinations such as Cepheids? I'm
looking for outside the local group to 4-5 Mpc or so. I can do the
literature search and put together the list myself if necessary, but
it would be nice if someone else has already done the work.

I believe said list exists in the book "The Cosmological Distance Ladder"
(along with similar lists for other indicators). Unfortunately, I returned
the book to the library, and cannot verify.

--
greywolf42
ubi dubium ibi libertas