ASTRO:Holmes and M42 - Same conditions to show the diffence between size and brightness this morning

Old October 31st 07, 02:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Capella

Default ASTRO:Holmes and M42 - Same conditions to show the diffence between size and brightness this morning

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	holmes-m42.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	1397
Old October 31st 07, 07:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Yep, the comet is much brighter than M42. We don't get such bright ones
often....

Stefan

Old November 1st 07, 02:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Capella" wrote

Both of these were taken under moonlight I assume?

This comet is holding its brightness so maybe next week we'll have more dark
sky for observing it.

George N

Old November 1st 07, 02:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Stefan Lilge" wrote
Yep, the comet is much brighter than M42. We don't get such bright ones
often....

Stefan,

......and then it was nice enough to show up relatively high in the
evening sky too! I can still remember driving thru a snow storm at 2:30am to
get up on the mountain to take images of Hale-Bopp!

George N

Old November 1st 07, 02:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Capella

The moon was there and the light pollution also.

Next weekend I will try some photos in a darker sky.

"George Normandin" a écrit dans le message de news:

"Capella" wrote

Both of these were taken under moonlight I assume?

This comet is holding its brightness so maybe next week we'll have more dark
sky for observing it.

George N

size of 17P/Holmes nucleus? MAT[_2_] Amateur Astronomy 8 October 31st 07 06:00 AM
Has Holmes' brightness increased or decreased? Father Haskell Amateur Astronomy 1 October 29th 07 03:23 AM
ASTRO: Holmes J McBride Astro Pictures 1 October 28th 07 10:45 AM
ASTRO: Holmes on 10/25/07 23:30 UT George Normandin[_1_] Astro Pictures 2 October 28th 07 10:42 AM
ASTRO: Holmes II J McBride Astro Pictures 2 October 25th 07 06:48 AM