star forming near center of our galaxy

Old April 10th 15, 03:44 PM posted to sci.astro
jay moseley

Default star forming near center of our galaxy

Craig wrote....
What do fast radio bursts (FRBs) of the Hippke Learned et al, have to do with Gamma ray bursts (GRBs)?

In various literature there is a theoretical connection made between frb and beamed progenitor
models. But you are correct to point out that frbs have yet to reveal counterparts in
other parts of the em spectrum. Then again, if one compares the time lengths
of radio counterparts to gamma or optical for longer grbs they are in weeks compared to
minutes and days
Suggesting the gamma or optical counterparts for frbs, if they were connected to grbs ,
would be far too short to measure.

Old April 10th 15, 04:28 PM posted to sci.astro
jay moseley

Jan Panteltje wrote...
m how about a big bang tax, things will cool of ye know, maybe taxing (of course)
will stop that. What's the word: ?? **** cannot remember. Ha, 'entropy',
I cheated: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_death_of_the_universe
Intersting view no?

Its not something Ive thought much about but I noticed ...who was
it Kelvin?,.... who said that in a finite universe the law of entropy...
would lead to a final state of rest.
I know some say infinity is impossible but I dont think that
the universe is finite. So presumably observations on entropy
in isolated systems do not apply. So if the universe is non BB and infinite...
There will always be an external input from outside any given
region. Energy radiating out from each area will travel out
to infinity. From all directions to all directions.
Where overlapping wavefronts from different parts
overlap: Thats where new galaxies form. They in turn
provide a more local imbalance which seeds further adjacent
galaxies to form in skeins. These in turn radiate out energy
to restart the process.On and on.
I do wonder though. Even my infinite universe preference
is hard to explain. How did it come into existence?
Old April 10th 15, 04:38 PM posted to sci.astro
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Fri, 10 Apr 2015 08:28:21 -0700 (PDT)) it happened jay moseley
wrote in
:

[...]

Interesting view,
I sure think that if there was a bang (big one), then there must have been more.
And 4 sure things of other ones would interact with where we live so to speak.

Infinite?
To the frog the ocean is infinite.
The pond is its home, and it knows its way around.

So.. to use the part we see of the 'universe'' or let's say 'space' is not infinite.
and what is beyond that _is_?

But is it really?
That is what I mean by you cannot know everything.
We may learn more and more, but not everything, before the species is history.
Old April 11th 15, 04:02 PM posted to sci.astro
Craig Markwardt[_2_]

On Friday, April 10, 2015 at 10:44:44 AM UTC-4, jay moseley wrote:
Craig wrote....
What do fast radio bursts (FRBs) of the Hippke Learned et al, have to do with Gamma ray bursts (GRBs)?

In various literature there is a theoretical connection made between frb and beamed progenitor
models. But you are correct to point out that frbs have yet to reveal counterparts in
other parts of the em spectrum.

If you are citing literature on the theoretical connection between GRB and FRB progenitors, then are you accepting the conventional interpretation of GRBs upon which those theories are based?

CM
Old April 11th 15, 08:15 PM posted to sci.astro
jay moseley

Craig M wrote...
If you are citing literature on the theoretical connection between GRB and FRB progenitors,
then are you accepting the conventional interpretation of GRBs upon which those theories are based?

Well, Ive read in the past an occasional refererence suggesting the frb- grb connection
from the point of view of someone who accepts the grb progenitor beamed model.
Although the only citable quote I can find today is on wiki. And you did ask me what
the frb paper had to do with grbs, so I figured that from your point of view as you
accept the conventional interpretation, there was a connection. So I answered your
question trying to put myself in your shoes.
But from my point of view? I dont accept the conventional grb model. I was interested
in the paper from the point of view that frbs and in particular the lorimer burst which
is the only one so far that has publically available data,....do fit my model of grbs.
I think they are possibly very short radio counterparts to a very very very short grb.

The reason why I cited the Hippke Learned paper was I saw the press release, saw the
reference to multiples in arrival times for wavelengths and assumed, incorrectly,
that they were refering to arrival times between wavelengths for the same burst. And
I then posted in too much haste to you.
But on reading the paper, I realize now they had found the multiples in the dm spacing
widths *between* bursts. Not the same , unfortunately.

Having said all that...
The only available raw data I can find is the Lorimer burst readout. I do see a clear trend of
the peak of the burst arriving later at longer times. A rough check gives the following...
Between frequencies 1.5-1.4 there is a 0.9 ms gap. This increases
to a 0.11 ms gap between 1.4-1.3 And later again to 0.14 ms gap between 1.3-1.2
So lower frequencies take longer to arrive at peak flux. And by the looks of the curve
its increasing at a set rate. The same delayed arrival phenomena as I show in the jpeg
at the url I cited a couple of posts ago to you.
If my model is right and these are radio counterparts to grbs then detailed analysis of
data records should show lorimer type " tracks" that are almost horizontal. But maybe
not as sharp and clean a line on the data readout as the more vertical lorimer burst.
Old April 11th 15, 08:31 PM posted to sci.astro
jay moseley

If I can just follow up from my last post to you..I just thought of where to
look for a possible gammaray counterpart to the lorimer radio burst if my model
was correct. Print out the lorimer burst onto paper. Try to work out the rate
at which the curve rises from left to right. It looks log like to me. Then draw
the extrapolation onto the paper extending the upper left hand side of the curve.
Back into time so to speak. It should very rapidly rise to almost vertical. At that time
on the lorimer graphs time axis one might find the grb counterpart spike in swift records.
Thats if swift bins in such small lots. Still though, there might be an artifact in swift
records regardless of the bins. I' m not an expert on the techie stuff.