Science is Broken The Truth about Relativity

Old September 14th 07, 07:49 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.astrophysique
Pentcho Valev

Default Science is Broken The Truth about Relativity

On 13 Sept, 22:12, Tom Roberts wrote in
sci.physics.relativity:
Leonard Abbott wrote:
Science is Broken

No, Leonard Abbott's understanding of what science is is broken. Completely.

Physicists admit there is no
logic to [relativity]. No logic-no science.

Not at all! We point out that science IS NOT logic. But there is plenty
of logic in science, and in relativity.

It is logic which determines truth, not observations.

Science is not concerned with "truth", it is about making models of the
world we inhabit...

Of course Roberts Roberts. According to some of the models of the
world we inhabit long trains can be trapped inside short tunnels:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSRIy...elated&search=

Sometimes the models of the world we inhabit show that this world is
quite imperfect. For instance, when Einsteinians trap a 80m long pole
inside a 40m long barn, the situation can only last for a very short
time:

http://www.math.ucr.edu/home/baez/ph...barn_pole.html
"These are the props. You own a barn, 40m long, with automatic doors
at either end, that can be opened and closed simultaneously by a
switch. You also have a pole, 80m long, which of course won't fit in
the barn....So, as the pole passes through the barn, there is an
instant when it is completely within the barn. At that instant, you
close both doors simultaneously, with your switch. Of course, you open
them again pretty quickly, but at least momentarily you had the
contracted pole shut up in your barn."

As you can see Roberts Roberts, Einsteinians are forced to open the
doors pretty quickly but so the world we inhabit dictates. Perhaps in
other worlds the 80m long pole can be kept in the 40m long barn
forever. Who knows.

Pentcho Valev

Old September 14th 07, 08:00 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.astrophysique
Koobee Wublee

On Sep 13, 11:49 pm, Pentcho Valev wrote:

Of course Roberts Roberts. According to some of the models of the
world we inhabit long trains can be trapped inside short tunnels:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSRIy...elated&search=

Sometimes the models of the world we inhabit show that this world is
quite imperfect. For instance, when Einsteinians trap a 80m long pole
inside a 40m long barn, the situation can only last for a very short
time:

{...]

Professor Roberts would rather hypnotize himself to BELIEVE IN the
nonsense of SR rather than follow his own advice to formulate the
mathematical model based on sound observations. sigh

Old September 14th 07, 06:48 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.astrophysique
Igor

On Sep 14, 3:00 am, Koobee Wublee wrote:
On Sep 13, 11:49 pm, Pentcho Valev wrote:

Of course Roberts Roberts. According to some of the models of the
world we inhabit long trains can be trapped inside short tunnels:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSRIy...elated&search=

Sometimes the models of the world we inhabit show that this world is
quite imperfect. For instance, when Einsteinians trap a 80m long pole
inside a 40m long barn, the situation can only last for a very short
time:

{...]

Professor Roberts would rather hypnotize himself to BELIEVE IN the
nonsense of SR rather than follow his own advice to formulate the
mathematical model based on sound observations. sigh

Have we figured out how to properly transform domains yet? Have we?