how do I start my own urban legend?

Old February 2nd 07, 05:49 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mark F.

Default how do I start my own urban legend?

I was thinking I should start a urban legend.
Something like the "Sun is running out of fuel so we all need to stock up on
wood to stay warn when it goes out".

What do you think?
Who do I send it to first?

Evil grin
Mark

--
I didn't know BMW made cars until I passed one.

Old February 2nd 07, 06:00 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Shawn

Mark F. wrote:
I was thinking I should start a urban legend.
Something like the "Sun is running out of fuel so we all need to stock up on
wood to stay warn when it goes out".

Just send it to the groups that cross post to saa. I'd bet a cookie
someone would run with it.

Shawn
Old February 2nd 07, 07:40 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Eugene Griessel

"Mark F." wrote:

I was thinking I should start a urban legend.
Something like the "Sun is running out of fuel so we all need to stock up on
wood to stay warn when it goes out".

You need to assure your audience that this information came from your
mother's cousin's adopted son who is dating a girl whose great aunt
works for the assistant of a famous astronomer - who is the source of
the story. Authentication of this nature is essential to a genuine
Urban Legend.

Eugene L Griessel

I sometimes think that God in creating man somewhat overestimated
his ability.
Old February 2nd 07, 09:20 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Pierre Vandevenne[_4_]

"Mark F." wrote in news:5pzwh.1406$Ia4.78@trnddc01:

I was thinking I should start a urban legend.
Something like the "Sun is running out of fuel so we all need to stock
up on wood to stay warn when it goes out".

Come on, the world is about to end, you know it, and all you think about is
playing jokes on your fellow men. Crawl from under your rock and start
working with us.

Timber!!!!!
Old February 2nd 07, 05:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Peter Lynch

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 04:49:05 GMT, Mark F. wrote:
I was thinking I should start a urban legend.
Something like the "Sun is running out of fuel so we all need to stock up on
wood to stay warn when it goes out".

What do you think?
Who do I send it to first?

Evil grin
Mark

You could start by issuing a denial:
"The world's top experts all denied today that there is any truth
in the rumour that the sun is running out of fuel and that the
human race will have to rely on stocks of wood to provide heating
in the future".
"In an unrelated move, the price of forested land has increased 30%
in the past 6 months"

should do it :-)))

(Thinking about it, you could get a few exra laughs by saying that
we'll have to rely on moonlight instead of sunlight)

Pete

--
.................................................. .........................
.. never trust a man who, when left alone ...... Pete Lynch .

Old February 2nd 07, 06:10 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Shawn

Peter Lynch wrote:
[...]

Oh Pete, that's just cruel eg

Shawn
Old February 3rd 07, 01:46 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mark F.

OOOOO Your good!

Done this before?

"Peter Lynch" wrote in message
[...]

Old February 3rd 07, 09:29 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Kathy Shorts

"Mark F." wrote:

I was thinking I should start a urban legend.

simple. Move to Boston and walk around in an aluminum foil suit.
Tell them you are their Leader! 80% of the population including
all government officials will fall right in behind you proclaiming -
"its a miracle" !

It only works in Boston.