People who affect equipment

Old December 17th 06, 02:29 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Brian Gaff

Default People who affect equipment

I wonder if they can explain why some people seem to have gear misbehave on
them, while others do not. Sonita appears to have this characteristic, as
did the English guy a few flights ago. Its not that they actually do
anything different, it just happens it seems.

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.

Old December 18th 06, 02:55 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
sc

I wonder if they can explain why some people seem to have gear misbehave
on them, while others do not. Sonita appears to have this characteristic,
as did the English guy a few flights ago. Its not that they actually do
anything different, it just happens it seems.

Brian,

I am one of 'those' people - only in my case its stranger still.

Not to go into details here, but I will say I often (30%ish of the time) fix
things just by touch - and no, it doesn't work only on electrical items
though this is where it gets used most. There is more to it than I've
written, some very strange repeatable 'experiments' have been conducted. In
truth I know bugger all about what is going on, except 'something' is - and
TBH it makes me uneasy.

However, I have learned not to 'use' it or allow myself to be put in a
position where I am asked to fix things while others are watching - unless
they have heard about it and are curious - specifically asking me round to
their 'broken tv' so they can see it in action. Most people however - upon
witnessing an event - change their attitude towards me such that many would
regard them an enemy. I have lost more than 1 job due to publically fixing
things, in one case it was 3 machines over a two day period - I had a large
audience for the last fix - including the MD's son - next day I was out the
door.

At the end of the day probably only 40 people have witnessed it more than
once, tbh, thats enough.

Oh - for the record, no I'm not crazy!

sc

Old December 18th 06, 04:54 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Brian Gaff

No I don't believe you are. When I worked back in the 1960s, one lady
always managed to break the test gear whether watched or not, and nobody
could point to any factor other than the person. Then there are the numerous
people who seem never to have a working wrist watch unless its lying on the
bedside table.

Brian

Old December 19th 06, 02:05 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Danny Deger

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
k...
I wonder if they can explain why some people seem to have gear misbehave
on them, while others do not. Sonita appears to have this characteristic,
as did the English guy a few flights ago. Its not that they actually do
anything different, it just happens it seems.

Brian

They have a gremlin in their pocket :-)

Danny Deger