Well, I finally went to outlook express...

Old December 11th 04, 04:22 PM

Default Well, I finally went to outlook express...

to read this group, just so I can have a killfile to eliminate
that crossposting moron Min. The lousy new google beta
pushed me over the edge.

Old December 11th 04, 05:10 PM
Chris L Peterson

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 10:22:51 -0500, wrote:

to read this group, just so I can have a killfile to eliminate
that crossposting moron Min. The lousy new google beta
pushed me over the edge.

Every standalone newsreader supports killfiles and filtering, so you have plenty
to choose from, both free and cheap, if you don't like OE.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old December 12th 04, 12:14 AM
Richard Frodage

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 10:22:51 -0500, TedKord wrote:

to read this group, just so I can have a killfile to eliminate
that crossposting moron Min. The lousy new google beta
pushed me over the edge.

OE blows chunks, use xnews.
Old December 12th 04, 12:27 AM
Al Arduengo

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 23:14:50 +0000, Richard Frodage wrote:

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 10:22:51 -0500, TedKord wrote:

to read this group, just so I can have a killfile to eliminate
that crossposting moron Min. The lousy new google beta
pushed me over the edge.

OE blows chunks, use xnews.

I prefer Pan or Gravity
Old December 12th 04, 12:28 AM
starlord

I use OE for all of my newsgroup reading and posting. Works just fine for
me.

--

The Forgotten
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/forgotten.htm

"Richard Frodage" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 10:22:51 -0500, TedKord wrote:

to read this group, just so I can have a killfile to eliminate
that crossposting moron Min. The lousy new google beta
pushed me over the edge.

OE blows chunks, use xnews.

---

Old December 12th 04, 02:06 AM
Florian

I use OE for all of my newsgroup reading and posting. Works just fine
for me.

For once i actually agree with Starlord. I use OE for usenet and like it
just fine. ;-)

See you in the dark...

-Florian

Old December 12th 04, 04:59 AM

No, just killfile assh*les. Of course, when people
insist on replying to them, you still get the thread...

"Wfoley2" wrote in message
to read this group, just so I can have a killfile to eliminate
that crossposting moron Min. The lousy new google beta
pushed me over the edge.

Wow!! OE really lets you get rid of cross-posted crap?? WMConnect is
supposed
to, but I get messages with as many as 6 or 7 NG's!! I hope the OE has
better
hacker protection than it used to, though!

Clear, Dark, Steady Skies!
(And considerate neighbors!!!)

Old December 12th 04, 05:03 AM

I use X-News, too, for downloading from astro binaries
group. (And some other binaries *ahem* occasionally),
because it has yenc decoding built in, OE does not.
(Or didn't last I heard, and MS was saying they weren't
going to put it in).

However, there is an add-on that decodes yenc through
OE. But I like the X-News GUI better, but I don't find
it particularily useful for regular text newsgroups. But I
guess it's better than OE, and definitely better than the
new Google beta.

Ya know, this is the first real misstep I can remember
Google making. They've been flawless up to now...