Valeev is by no means the worst offender

Old February 23rd 09, 04:02 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Deirdre Sholto Douglas

Default Americans - Insane in the Membrane

"Fred J. McCall" wrote:

Deirdre Sholto Douglas wrote:
:
:My guess is that this particular think-challenged soul is the
:sort who will interrupt and disrupt any discussion that takes
lace without him...rather like having a toddler in the room.
:
Note that I posted the same serious response TWICE to his "we should
go after asteroidal platinum" tirade and we've seen no response.

I also noted he was incapable of defending his thesis
of microbial contamination of the Martian surface by
human (or Earth-normal) bugs in any scientific terms.

The problem with pulling "facts" out of one's fundament
is that they rarely come with supporting documentation...
I suspect this is a situation which Ian encounters often.

Note
that he's been asked multiple times for his list of professional
publications or even a list of "scientific conferences" he's presented
at, with a deafening silence the only response.

Doesn't need to be a list...I'd settle for one (count 'em!)
title which has been subjected to peer-review. He's the
one pattling about scientific standards, given that, you'd
think he'd be the first to uphold them. I'd even be willing
to trade...one for one, his for mine...title and abstract
of most recent efforts and post them here. Somehow I
don't think it will ever happen though.

Deirdre
Old February 23rd 09, 05:37 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Ian Parker

jmfbahciv wrote:
Deirdre Sholto Douglas wrote:
kT wrote:
snip

Honestly, if science wasn't fun, the tedium would drive you insane ....
Got _that_ in one. *And the pay usually sucks...no one does
this to get rich...but the toys can make up for a lot of tedium
and late hours...at least they have so far.

What I don't understand is why the crackpots avoid all lab work.
The reason to take science classes is to be able to play in the
labs. *The lab class times were never long enough.

Their loss, our gain. *:-)

I suspect it might have something to do with ego...the few
I've run across aren't (and haven't) actually worked in science
and so they seem to think there's something demeaning about
doing benchwork...especially ghasp! in a wet lab. *In their
minds, the hands-on stuff is done to order (their order) by a
technician while they sit at a deck and think Big Ideas.

But that is no fun at all. *Testing your ideas and seeing if they
work, or more interestingly not work, is part of the fun.

I don't know about you, but I didn't go into this field to sit
behind a desk or rot in meetings (which is not to say I don't
have to do both on occasion)...I chose this path so I could
get paid for satisfying my own curiosity while playing with
some of the most expensive toys in town. *So far, that plan
has panned out nicely. :-)

Very nice :-). *I was going to grow up to be a marine biologist
but got side-traced and stumbled into the computer biz. *In order
to get things fixed "right", I went to work for a computer
manufacturer. *Every machine room was a lab.

The fundamental issue is that Fred and Deirdre are posting in a
totally destructive way. They have nothing really to say about NASA or
the singularity university. I believe they are attempting to sabotage
the new management of NASA.

What have I in fact said? All I have done is simply point out that
NASA has teamed up with Kurtzweil to carry out thre sort of things I
was talking about earlier.

Where do I want to be? More or less where the NASA management is.
Everyone seems to be losing sight of that. Everyone would think I was
advocating some sort of crackpot FTL scheme (or even a sceme to go to
Mars with present day technology!)

What's wrong with that? - Arrogance, insanity, stupidity. I would say
that all these things apply in abundance to them + one additional
thing. - TREACHERY.

I will tell you one thing Kurzweil would be welcomed into any country
in the world. He happens to be in America. The way we all seem to be
going he might well move elsewhere.

- Ian Parker
Old February 23rd 09, 06:23 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
gabydewilde

On Feb 23, 1:42*pm, Ian Parker wrote:

I will repeat. A manned trip to Mars WITH PRESENT DAY TECHNOLOGY is
the craziest scheme out.

* - Ian Parker

I would say on the basis of mainstream knowledge any maned space
mission is an utter waste of money.

Then again there also is a lot of know how outside the public domain.

For example those suffering from militardy industrial complex tend to
do experiments completely neglecting the dangers involved.

We have no idea what went wrong, blasting holes in the ozon layer is a
good example. The hundreds of subterainian cities also provide a clue,
they did go way over the hill drilling and tunneling, it's safe to
assume they have good reasons to do so.

Then they have a whole arsenal of classified space propulsion
technologies.

They did put this inflatable tent on mars in 1962.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8SY0iFbj7w&fmt=18

There isn't any high res picture of the moon in the public domain or
even the geo north and south pole. 1 px = 1 km kinda resolution. We
has better imagines of moon Europa ass our own moon.

Go figure.

NASA lost all the footage from the moon landing so that means it
really happend! Jeah.... shuur....

________
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/factuurexpress
Old February 23rd 09, 08:05 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Deirdre Sholto Douglas

Ian Parker wrote:

The fundamental issue is that Fred and Deirdre are posting in a
totally destructive way. They have nothing really to say about NASA or
the singularity university. I believe they are attempting to sabotage
the new management of NASA.

Aye, right...and when we're done with that we're
going to overthrow the government of the Soviet
Union.

Good lord, Ian, can't you even _visit_ reality?

Deirdre
Old February 23rd 09, 08:25 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
hanson

Default Andorkles is by all means the worst offender

------- AHAHAHAHAHA... ahahahaha... AHAHAHAHA... -----

ahahaha... Andorkles, last year, after they revoked your drivers'
license, you cried that your days of honest work were over.. and
so you announced with great fan-fa "I, Androcles am a god"...
und you then proceeded with ungodly élan to rewrite physics
that made you believe to declare, a few days ago, that you are
now "Copernicus incarnate"... ahahaha... All that was funny...

But now your mentation has taken a sharp turn downwards into
pedophilia, with you now constantly advertising big girl's blouses
loud, like a high-strung pimp in a drug infested housing project.

Andro, are your pain medications doing that to you or did you
always have such deprived latent urges?... ahahaha...

It's still funny... but you should worry about that in the best case
you have painted yourself as being a senile dirty old man with no
concept of physics... except for your perverted socio-physics...
Still, thanks for the laughs.... ahahahaha... ahahahanson

"Andorkles", the big girl's blouse merchant and Headmaster at
Hogwarts.physics is now into dictating and correcting foreign
languages after his failed attempts to rewrite physics and so he
wrote:
::A:: Since a child may be 'das Madchen', ... big girl's blouse,
::A:: "debbie" is a black girl behaving like an "Uncle Tom".
[snipped the rest of Androcles' crap to save him embarrassment]

Andro, don't let me cramp you style, though. I still think you are funny
even with your latest fetish about "big black girl's blouses"...
AHAHAHAHA... ahahahaha... ahahahahanson

Old February 23rd 09, 08:29 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Androcles[_8_]

"hanson" wrote in message
[...]

wrote:
::A:: Since a child may be 'das Madchen', ... big girl's blouse,
::A:: "debbie" is a black girl behaving like an "Uncle Tom".
[snipped the rest of Androcles' crap to save him embarrassment]

Andro, don't let me cramp you style, though. I still think you are funny
even with your latest fetish about "big black girl's blouses"...
AHAHAHAHA... ahahahaha... ahahahahanson

Here's why I want your helmet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJAXJWm8G4A

Old February 23rd 09, 08:57 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Robert Collins

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 04:42:22AM -0800, Ian Parker wrote:
On 23 Feb, 12:03, jmfbahciv jmfbahciv@aol wrote:
Deirdre Sholto Douglas wrote:

jmfbahciv wrote:

That's really too bad. *You could have had a really interesting
thread here yakking with Ms. Douglas.

I don't think that was ever an option with Ian...he
makes outrageous statements...a veritable tsunami
of prose...but when it's pointed out to him that said
statements are flawed, instead of defending or sup-
porting his claims scientifically, he takes off on an
obfuscating tangent and/or attacks the person
challenging him.

IMHO, the only thing interesting here is his conceit
of himself.

Some inane posts produce interesting discussions because other
readers get curious and start posting, leaving the ahem
think-challenged behind.

The real interest in this, I mean to sensible poaters not the "beni Al-
kalb", is in terms of the Singularity University. What it is doing,
why NASA is involved, why Google is involved. Can the SU advance
technology?

The SU is offerering short graduate courses. No doubt these are going
to be open for NASA/Google employees. I have one coment that anyone
reading this thread will have.

If I work for Google what I will learn at the SU will be respected and
put into practice in some way or other. No real doubt about that. I
though I work for NASA will a layer or "bin(t) Al-kalb" moronity make
it a black mark against me? This to me is a real question. Another
real question in the wider political arena is the loyalty that Obama
can command in the military. You see I don't think all this fact is
directed exclusively to me.

Obama has produced a "stimulus package" and has talked at the same
time about narrowing the budget deficit (about 10% of GDP currently)

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/92d8a656-d...nclick_check=1
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...t-1629344.html

Where is the money coming from? Taxes on wealthy, closing of hedge
fund loopholes etc. etc. No my friend there is only one large untapped
source and that is MILITARY SPENDING. He has not spelled it out in as
many words, but that is as inevitable as night follows day.

Will the SU produce really useful results? I am sure it will in a
number of areas. NASA must have a "schwerpunkt" a point of reference,
a main program. I think the "schwerpunkt" should perhaps be the mining
of asteroids. Platinum is BTW "schwer" with a density of 21.46. Google
by contrast has as its main interest in the application of AI for
searching. Recently one of the Google team has married someone who
owns a biotech company. Thus although the Google interest is in
searching they now have a much wider interest of DNA, DNA therapies
etc.

I think it is important for us to take a look at where everyone is
coming from. We can see the Google motive, the motive of the new NASA
management. What I can't see is where the military are coming from.
The only thing I can think of is that the gravy train both for the
military and for manned spaceflight is about to dry up.

Yes, well the military are doing what ever is best for the security of
the nation and a little thing like lack of funding isn't going to get
in the way of that there mission. We should welcome the military to
the science of space exploration and encourage their participation in
this historic moment. Space is the future, where partisan infighting
is to be discouraged in favor of enlightened co-operation among equals.

I will repeat. A manned trip to Mars WITH PRESENT DAY TECHNOLOGY is
the craziest scheme out.

You clearly have absolutely no idea what your're talking about. I
should have seen it before, but you seemed genuinely annoying and so I
did not think to question your sincerity of dumbasssery.

Manned space missions to the planets are absolutely vital to the long-
term success of space exploration. Sure, you can say that robots will
do it cheaper and with less risk to human life, and all the rest. Or
that manned expeditions are too expensive to the nation's economy, and
that free enterprise might one day make up the lack. However you
frame the argument against manned expeditions it will still be
invalid.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

A human presence on Mars is easily attainable with present day
technology. The only major obstacle to that enterprise is the
question of who will pay for it. Other than that there's only
politics in the way of the idea.

The unstated reasons why you seem so dead set against manned space
exploration are a mystery.

Robert Collins

Old February 23rd 09, 10:02 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
kT

Robert Collins wrote:

Manned space missions to the planets are absolutely vital to the long-
term success of space exploration.

Can you explain to us what manned space mission to what planets you are
referring to ... exactly? I guess I must have missed those missions.
Old February 24th 09, 12:29 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
hanson

Andorkles is by all means the worst offender

------- AHAHAHAHAHA... ahahahaha... AHAHAHAHA... -----

Andro, your almost instantaneous reply should be cause for
concern and worry to/about yourself, because with that,
your just completed knee-jerk reaction, you did announce
another geriatric symptom that's creeping up on you.
So, let me repeat for your benefit:

"hanson" wrote in message

[...]

wrote:
::A:: Since a child may be 'das Madchen', ... big girl's blouse,
::A:: "debbie" is a black girl behaving like an "Uncle Tom".

"Androcles" wrote:
Here's why I want your helmet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJAXJWm8G4A

hanson wrote:
ahahahaha... but Andro, you are not helping your own case.
You citing cartoons, toys and interests in children stories are
classic, geriatric symptoms of encroaching senility. IOW:
you are reverting back into the mental world of toddlers!!...
Talk to all of your doctors about your urges and paradigm shift,
and tell'em that people from around the world have noticed
your drift in behavior patterns.
I wish you health & all the best, my old friend... ahahahahanson

Old February 24th 09, 01:01 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy,sci.physics,sci.skeptic
Androcles[_8_]

"hanson" wrote in message

[...]

wrote:
::A:: Since a child may be 'das Madchen', ... big girl's blouse,
::A:: "debbie" is a black girl behaving like an "Uncle Tom".

hanson wrote:
ahahahaha... but Andro, you are not helping your own case.
You citing cartoons, toys and interests in children stories are
classic, geriatric symptoms of encroaching senility. IOW:
you are reverting back into the mental world of toddlers!!...
Talk to all of your doctors about your urges and paradigm shift,
and tell'em that people from around the world have noticed
your drift in behavior patterns.
I wish you health & all the best, my old friend... ahahahahanson

I just want your helmet. The one made with the built-in telepathic
stereo, a steel matrix with certain portions of Fe, Ni, Cr, and free
neutrons floating in a metal lattice causing sodium stinking (Na scent)
HYDROGEN EMBRITTLEMENT ...
I've explained why, I want to keep Bugs Bunny alive. He dies in
that opera/ballet, ya big girl's blouse with the geriatric symptoms of
encroaching senility.