"New" CO2 molecule on Venus may explain Global warming!

Old July 15th 12, 07:33 AM posted to sci.physics,alt.global-warming,sci.environment,sci.astro.amateur
bjacoby

Default "New" CO2 molecule on Venus may explain Global warming!

Repeat post due to mysterious internet blockage!
===========

A "new" CO2 molecule has been discovered on Venus which may explain the
extremely high temperatures there!

http://futurismic.com/2007/10/12/new...at-venus-more/

Old July 15th 12, 03:04 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 02:33:58 -0400, bjacoby
wrote:

A "new" CO2 molecule has been discovered on Venus which may explain the
extremely high temperatures there!

http://futurismic.com/2007/10/12/new...at-venus-more/

It doesn't factor into global warming on Earth (which is, of course,
already well understood with respect to CO2), but only on Venus.

What I thought was interesting is that this particular absorption line
was not previously known, despite existing in a naturally occurring
molecule. I would have thought it would be long characterized and in
the spectroscopic catalogs.
Old July 16th 12, 05:22 AM posted to sci.physics,alt.global-warming,sci.environment,sci.astro.amateur
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jul 14, 11:33*pm, bjacoby wrote:
Repeat post due to mysterious internet blockage!
===========

A "new" CO2 molecule has been discovered on Venus which may explain the
extremely high temperatures there!

http://futurismic.com/2007/10/12/new...ecule-found-to...

Actually, the term "New" shouldn't apply to something reported as of
2006 and as having been confirmed by others shortly thereafter.

Unlike astronomy and astrophysics that has to apply an educated guess
at whatever any given point-source of stellar illumination or that of
any minor reflected itsy bitsy speck of an albedo has to offer,
whereas "Guth Venus" gets seriously nearby and looking big as hell,
offering us a terrific image of actual physical terrain and multiple
variations of complex patterns of that physically hot surface
environment to look at and interpret, that simply can't be so easily
explained away as any perfectly natural formed geology that we know
of. So, either those natural laws of geology and the subsequent
physics of its surface formations and the subsequent erosions have
been functioning differently on Venus, or perhaps we’re looking at an
unusually complex surface of what seems as though having been
artificially modified to suit.

The ongoing science of astronomy is nearly all/100% subjective, and
it’s so often socially/politically moderated and/or that of a faith-
based biased form of intellectually skewed observationology that gets
to apply as much obfuscation and denial as they like, leaving the rest
of us as outsiders with only at best our individual deductive
interpretations to guide us onto the next step. Funny how any quality
radar image of Venus that seems perfectly weird and/or unusual enough
doesn't mainstream qualify as anything except that of depicting a
naturally formed terrain of hot rocks, even though not one other image
of any other planet (including Earth) or moon has anything of remotely
similar pixels to offer that’s offering us such a large collective
scale of geometric complexity, as well as seemingly offering us such
an artificial or rational like infrastructure of an off-world
community likeness at the same time.

Apparently those natural geology rules for the extremely nearby planet
Venus are entirely different than any other planet or moon. Go figure
how those continually opposed to anything that isn't insider Oligarch
approved, are also required and/or compelled to topic/author stalk and
bash at this one and at anything else I might have to offer, for all
the Semitic approved hate and disparagement they can muster.

“Guth Venus” 1:1, plus 10x resample/enlargement of the area in
question:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1027362...79402364691314

Other thumbnail images, including mgn_c115s095_1.gif (225 m/pixel)
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/th...humbnails.html
Lava channels, Lo Shen Valles, Venus from Magellan Cycle 1
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/ht...115s095_1.html
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/hi...c115s095_1.gif

http://groups.google.com/groups/search
http://translate.google.com/#
Old July 16th 12, 09:36 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Morten Reistad

wrote:

A "new" CO2 molecule has been discovered on Venus which may explain the
extremely high temperatures there!

http://futurismic.com/2007/10/12/new...at-venus-more/

It doesn't factor into global warming on Earth (which is, of course,
already well understood with respect to CO2), but only on Venus.

What I thought was interesting is that this particular absorption line
was not previously known, despite existing in a naturally occurring
molecule. I would have thought it would be long characterized and in
the spectroscopic catalogs.

Just goes to show that we have a pretty thin knowledge of the attributes
of the isotopes not occuring in great numbers on earth.

We should have a hunch, considering how much new stuff keeps appearing just
for simple stuff like 3He.

-- mrr
Old July 16th 12, 02:00 PM posted to sci.physics,alt.global-warming,sci.environment,sci.astro.amateur
Desertphile[_4_]

wrote:

A "new" CO2 molecule has been discovered on Venus which may explain the
extremely high temperatures there!

C-O^2 is always carbon dioxide, idiot.

--
Melenkurion abatha! Duroc minas mil khabaal!
(Translation: "Climate change deniers can kiss my sweaty ass.")
Old July 16th 12, 02:52 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

wrote:

A "new" CO2 molecule has been discovered on Venus which may explain the
extremely high temperatures there!

C-O^2 is always carbon dioxide, idiot.

Actually there are nine different kinds of carbon dioxide by my rusty
calculations.
12C, 13C, 14C , 16O, 18O.
The different carbon atoms make very little difference to the IR spectrum
but the molecule with both 16O and 18O has an extra band in the IR.
presumably this is the symmetric stretch which will cause a change in
dipole moment of the molecule with mixed oxygen isotopes and hence IR
absorption.
Old July 16th 12, 02:59 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Jul 16, 7:52*am, Mike Collins wrote:

Actually there are nine different kinds of carbon dioxide by my rusty
calculations.
12C, 13C, 14C , 16O, 18O.

I would have thought that if there was a strange kind of carbon
dioxide on Venus, this would refer to the phase diagram - in the way
that there is an ice II and so on under conditions of extreme
pressure.

But if the anomaly is in the spectrum, more likely would be some
multiply-ionized form of the gas.

John Savard
Old July 16th 12, 03:14 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jul 16, 6:59*am, Quadibloc wrote:
On Jul 16, 7:52*am, Mike Collins wrote:

Actually there are nine different kinds of carbon dioxide by my rusty
calculations.
12C, 13C, 14C , 16O, 18O.

I would have thought that if there was a strange kind of carbon
dioxide on Venus, this would refer to the phase diagram - in the way
that there is an ice II and so on under conditions of extreme
pressure.

But if the anomaly is in the spectrum, more likely would be some
multiply-ionized form of the gas.

John Savard

Carbonated water and/or carbonated sulfuric acid seems quite likely.
There's also a great deal of helium to contend with, but such helium
doesn't bond or combine with anything. Ionized helium could be
causing those other elements to react differently than previously
understood.

Old July 16th 12, 03:28 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

Quadibloc wrote:
On Jul 16, 7:52 am, Mike Collins wrote:

Actually there are nine different kinds of carbon dioxide by my rusty
calculations.
12C, 13C, 14C , 16O, 18O.

I would have thought that if there was a strange kind of carbon
dioxide on Venus, this would refer to the phase diagram - in the way
that there is an ice II and so on under conditions of extreme
pressure.

But if the anomaly is in the spectrum, more likely would be some
multiply-ionized form of the gas.

John Savard

No the "new" carbon dioxide is the mixed 16O 18O form which is only a very
small percentage of the total carbon dioxide.
IR spectra are associated with molecular vibrations.
Old July 16th 12, 04:44 PM posted to sci.physics,alt.global-warming,sci.environment,sci.astro.amateur
Harry Merrick

wrote:

A "new" CO2 molecule has been discovered on Venus which may explain the
extremely high temperatures there!

C-O^2 is always carbon dioxide, idiot.

He didn't say it wasn't, idiot!
If you read the article, it would make more sense, even to a
simpleton. Here, try it:
http://futurismic.com/2007/10/12/new...at-venus-more/
Obviously, you will as per usual, refuse to do so, because you are an
abject apologist for global warming and AGW! However, this is not
denying or agreeing anything. It is just a report.
Oh, and kiss your ass?I don't think so! I would certainly get AIDS!

Harry Merrick.