BARIS

Old August 16th 03, 04:03 PM
John Beaderstadt

Default BARIS

There's a guy on one of the gaming groups who mentioned he's got Buzz
Aldrin's Race Into Space to run on W-XP. I'll post the answer as soon
as he answers my question of how.

---------------
Beady's Corollary to Occam's Razor: "The likeliest explanation of any phenomenon is almost always the most boring."
Old August 16th 03, 05:27 PM
Andrew Gray

In article , John Beaderstadt wrote:
There's a guy on one of the gaming groups who mentioned he's got Buzz
Aldrin's Race Into Space to run on W-XP. I'll post the answer as soon
as he answers my question of how.

Excellent...

(I never could get it to run properly on any system; it always
blackscreened the copy protection, with the result that by early-mid
Gemini everything was going horribly wrong...)

--
-Andrew Gray

Old August 18th 03, 02:58 PM
Daniel Eig

Andrew Gray wrote in message ...
In article , John Beaderstadt wrote:
There's a guy on one of the gaming groups who mentioned he's got Buzz
Aldrin's Race Into Space to run on W-XP. I'll post the answer as soon
as he answers my question of how.

Excellent...

(I never could get it to run properly on any system; it always
blackscreened the copy protection, with the result that by early-mid
Gemini everything was going horribly wrong...)

Hi,
I've been running it on my Windows XP system successfully for the past
year - I found that running it right after a reboot seemed to let it
work OK. Also - this has been discussed before - try the suggestions
made in this post (I apologize for the very long URL):

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ver.com#link11

regards,
Daniel Eig
Old August 20th 03, 01:44 PM
Andrew Gray

In article , Daniel Eig wrote:

Hi,
I've been running it on my Windows XP system successfully for the past
year - I found that running it right after a reboot seemed to let it
work OK. Also - this has been discussed before - try the suggestions
made in this post (I apologize for the very long URL):

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ver.com#link11

The precise post for XP seems to be at:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...%245M3.3899783
%40e3500-atl2.usenetserver.com

and, let me tell you, it works wonderfully :-)

--
-Andrew Gray

Old August 24th 03, 09:25 PM
Andrew Gray

In article , Daniel Eig wrote:
Andrew Gray wrote in message ...

and, let me tell you, it works wonderfully :-)

Glad to hear it - now lets just hope Fritz Bonner gets inspired to
make a sequel someday!

Eh, you never know. There was some mumbling a couple of years ago, by
someone who'd spoken to him, that'd he'd considered it, but...

(Current game - two flawless Mercury sub-orbitals, both of which injured
their crews on landing - the first had Deke having to be cut out of the
capsule, the second had it sinking under Gordo. Presumably offended at
someone taking his role, Grissom immediately injured himself playing
football and took himself off the flight roster. John Glenn's orbital
was scrubbed on thew pad, leaving Al Shepard as the first American to
walk away from a mission - in May 61! It all comes full circle, doesn't
it...)

--
-Andrew Gray