Poltergeist caught on digital camera..

Old August 14th 07, 04:21 PM posted to sci.astro
[email protected]

Default Poltergeist caught on digital camera..

http://picasaweb.google.com/vtcapo/NewAlbum814071042AM

Hopefully this will work and the photos are visible ....

Poltergeist caught on digital camera in my barn in Vermont. From top
to bottom notice what appears to be a double exposure around the
window and tire area, however, the rest of the picture is in focus.
Also note how her arm and buttocks are obscured by what appears to be
ectoplasm. Any photo experts out there? Your input would be
appreciated.

RT

Old August 14th 07, 06:02 PM posted to sci.astro
Greg Neill[_5_]

wrote in message
oups.com...
http://picasaweb.google.com/vtcapo/NewAlbum814071042AM

Hopefully this will work and the photos are visible ....

Poltergeist caught on digital camera in my barn in Vermont. From top
to bottom notice what appears to be a double exposure around the
window and tire area, however, the rest of the picture is in focus.
Also note how her arm and buttocks are obscured by what appears to be
ectoplasm. Any photo experts out there? Your input would be
appreciated.

Er, um, this is sci.astro, not sci.astral. Wrong
newsgroup, pal. Hope this helps.

Old August 14th 07, 09:15 PM posted to sci.astro
[email protected]

On Aug 14, 1:02 pm, "Greg Neill" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

http://picasaweb.google.com/vtcapo/NewAlbum814071042AM

Hopefully this will work and the photos are visible ....

Poltergeist caught on digital camera in my barn in Vermont. From top
to bottom notice what appears to be a double exposure around the
window and tire area, however, the rest of the picture is in focus.
Also note how her arm and buttocks are obscured by what appears to be
ectoplasm. Any photo experts out there? Your input would be
appreciated.

Er, um, this is sci.astro, not sci.astral. Wrong
newsgroup, pal. Hope this helps.

Not the wrong newsgroup. The photos are for the naysayers of this
group. Remember, this is a Science group that dismisses UFO's and
anything metaphysical. I'm just doing you a service.

RT

Old August 14th 07, 09:30 PM posted to sci.astro
Greg Neill[_5_]

wrote in message
ups.com...

Er, um, this is sci.astro, not sci.astral. Wrong
newsgroup, pal. Hope this helps.

Not the wrong newsgroup. The photos are for the naysayers of this
group. Remember, this is a Science group that dismisses UFO's and
anything metaphysical. I'm just doing you a service.

Oh joy, a proselytizing idiot without even a modicum
of manners. Quelle surprise.

Ah, the wonders of killfiles! -- *plonk*

Old August 14th 07, 10:27 PM posted to sci.astro
LymanAlpha

wrote:
On Aug 14, 1:02 pm, "Greg Neill" wrote:

wrote in message

oups.com...

http://picasaweb.google.com/vtcapo/NewAlbum814071042AM

Hopefully this will work and the photos are visible ....

Poltergeist caught on digital camera in my barn in Vermont. From top
to bottom notice what appears to be a double exposure around the
window and tire area, however, the rest of the picture is in focus.
Also note how her arm and buttocks are obscured by what appears to be
ectoplasm. Any photo experts out there? Your input would be
appreciated.

Er, um, this is sci.astro, not sci.astral. Wrong
newsgroup, pal. Hope this helps.

Not the wrong newsgroup. The photos are for the naysayers of this
group. Remember, this is a Science group that dismisses UFO's and
anything metaphysical. I'm just doing you a service.

RT

You ask for photo experts to analyze the images yet all you're giving
are tiny 120x160 5 K pictures. There isn't enough digital information
left to make a proper analysis.
My guess is something fell in front of the camera, a stray thread or hair.

--
"Out here on the perimeter there are no stars"

Steve --Inglo--

Old August 14th 07, 10:33 PM posted to sci.astro
[email protected]

wrote:
On Aug 14, 1:02 pm, "Greg Neill" wrote:

wrote in message

groups.com...

[...]

The camera used was a Kodak Easyshare (cheapo!) The three photos were
taken by my niece of a girl friend seconds apart. They had no idea of
the event until they reviewed the photos on the camera in the barn.
To say the least they freaked out and ran for the house. My niece then
transferred the photos to me via e-mail. I have a glossy of the close
up showing the ectoplasm splitting.

It's not my intention to authenticate the photo. I know that it's
real. What I am trying to acquire from this news group is an opinion
from a digital photography expert (we have a lot of them in astronomy)
explaining if the anomaly can be duplicated naturally or had to be
altered, faked.

To give you some background on the property; we bought the property
7 years ago and spend our summer vacations there. It's an old post
and beam that was constructed from two barns that were dismantled in
Cabot, Vermont (circa 1800's). Every year we experience the same
thing. Lights going on and off when visited by family members and
some bumps in the night. Nothing spectacular except for three
occasions. My sister in law was going into the barn and felt a weight
on her shoulder, she thought someone placed their hand on her. See
turned, felt very uncomfortable and went back to the house. My sons
girlfriend saw what she thought was my wife in a nightgown going
across the lawn leading to the barn. She flipped when my wife came
downstairs for breakfast and realized that everyone was in house and
no-one had left the premises. My youngest son also saw the same
apparition on a separate occasion. Then of course, the photos.

It is known that poltergeists are attracted to ground water
(underground springs throughout the property) and pubescent females.
Aside from a possible discarnate spirit, what are your thoughts
concerning the possibility that I am dealing with an elemental. I
have researched various texts concerning these types of entities and
all mention considerable risk in contacting such. Any advice would
be appreciated.

RT

PS I will try to send an enlargement of each.

Old August 15th 07, 07:05 AM posted to sci.astro
Peter Webb[_2_]

wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
On Aug 14, 1:02 pm, "Greg Neill" wrote:

wrote in message

groups.com...

[...]

********************

Then why did you say:

"Not the wrong newsgroup. The photos are for the naysayers of this
group. Remember, this is a Science group that dismisses UFO's and
anything metaphysical. I'm just doing you a service."

You can't say that, and then refuse to post the data (eg the full res
photographs and camera details) which would allow authentication. No
"naysayer" is going to be convinced by what you have posted. I certainly
aren't.

Old August 15th 07, 12:12 PM posted to sci.astro
[email protected]

On Aug 15, 2:05 am, "Peter Webb"
wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

wrote:
On Aug 14, 1:02 pm, "Greg Neill" wrote:

wrote in message

groups.com...

[...]

I have sent three enlarged pictures to the orignal link. Go to the
first post and click on the link and look at the last three pictures.
As far as the camera is concerned what additional information is
needed. It's an off the shelf inexpensive digital called a Kodak
Easyshare. What I am trying to find out is what is happening in the
sequence of pictures. At first glance, photos one and two look like a
double exposure but that can't be the case because SHE is in focus.
Also, the third photo shows the ectoplasm clearly as having varing
intensity and is obscuring her arm an butttocks while everything else
is in focus.

Now let's assume I'm on the level, I know that's a stretch with this
group, but what natural event or digital camera glitch would cause
light to bend as shown in the third picture. Remember, my niece saw
nothing in the viewer to indicate there was a foreign object on the
lens. This wasn't a hair or a smudge on the lens. Also, take a look
at the girls facial expressions in the sequence. Whatever is moving
over her is affecting her. She mentioned to me that the shoot did not
feel right?

RT

Old August 15th 07, 09:17 PM posted to sci.astro
John Schutkeker

"Greg Neill" wrote in news:46c1e01d$0$22074
:

wrote in message
oups.com...
http://picasaweb.google.com/vtcapo/NewAlbum814071042AM

Hopefully this will work and the photos are visible ....

Poltergeist caught on digital camera in my barn in Vermont. From top
to bottom notice what appears to be a double exposure around the
window and tire area, however, the rest of the picture is in focus.
Also note how her arm and buttocks are obscured by what appears to be
ectoplasm. Any photo experts out there? Your input would be
appreciated.

Er, um, this is sci.astro, not sci.astral. Wrong
newsgroup, pal. Hope this helps.

Too bad the Weekly World News went out of business. ;(