What's wrong with there being ETs (smarter than us none the less)

Old June 28th 07, 01:26 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
Ian Parker

Default What's wrong with there being ETs (smarter than us none the less)

Scientists do not have Gods. At least they should not. relativity must
stand or fall by its own merits. As I have stated other theories
explain SOME of the facts. Not all.

Let me clear up Mercury. Leverrier carried on the tradition stated by
Laplace in Méchanique Céleste and calculated orbits based on
perturbation. The Earth , the Moon, Venus. Most of the non elliptical
movement of Mercury is indeed due to these causes. Leverrier
calculated them. He did a good job and got the right answers for all
the planets and asteroids. This anomoly remained for Mercury. It is
not explicable by any classical theory. Now of course the advent of
computers makes calculations like this very much faster and more
accurate. We have orbits much more accurate now than in the time of
Leverrier.

BTW - About the more political stuff. I posted on laser determination
of the orbits of Earth striking asteroids. Nobody took any notice.
They were much more interested in spreading disinformation and
denigrating myself. In fact we can do in minutes what would have taken
lifetimes for Laplace and Leverrier.

If you are saying the NASA models are concocted, that NASA has
conspired to falsify Mercury's orbital data, then this is yet another
conspiracy theory. 9/11 explosive charges, Neil Armstrong never
llanded on the Moon etc. Now NASA is falsifing its program data.

A Nobel prize was won for measuring the approach of 2 neutron stars to
one and other. They gave off gravitational waves in their orbit. I am
convinced that there is a graviton of spin 2 (this is the Elementary
Particle view). Maxwell's Equations refer to electric and magnetic
fields which are vectors. The gravity in gravitational waves is a
TENSOR of the second order. A spin of 2 (or 5 planes of polarization,
incuding gravitational pull in the direction of motion) drops out of
the tensor equations. As I said a spin of 2 is needed to explain the
age of the Earth.

As I say Einstein was not a God. He was wrong on many points. Despite
the fact that he had helped to develop Quantum Theory he never fully
accepted it. Relativity must stand or fall by its own merit. As I have
said a theory of equal merit would be hard to find.

BTW - One other point about Einstein. He was a lifetime pacifist. He
was also a Zionist believing in a home for the Jews in the Middle
East. Towards the end of his life he modified his stance on pacifism
seeing the intransigent nature of the Arabs. He was never anti Arab.
If they had told him they wanted to develop agriculture in arid lands
together, he would have joined up with them.

He was offered the Presidency of Israel which he turned down.

- Ian Parker

Old June 28th 07, 02:01 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
Androcles[_2_]

"Ian Parker" wrote in message
oups.com...
Scientists do not have Gods. At least they should not. relativity must
stand or fall by its own merits. As I have stated other theories
explain SOME of the facts. Not all.

Tell it to the scientists.

Let me clear up Mercury. Leverrier carried on the tradition stated by
Laplace in Méchanique Céleste and calculated orbits based on
perturbation. The Earth , the Moon, Venus. Most of the non elliptical
movement of Mercury is indeed due to these causes. Leverrier
calculated them. He did a good job and got the right answers for all
the planets and asteroids. This anomoly remained for Mercury. It is
not explicable by any classical theory.

Yes it is, there is no "anomoly". Jupiter has a greater effect than
Earth's moon.

Now of course the advent of
computers makes calculations like this very much faster and more
accurate. We have orbits much more accurate now than in the time of
Leverrier.

Correct.

BTW - About the more political stuff.

**** that. Get on and PROVE your supposed "anomaly".

Old June 28th 07, 03:18 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

Science is at best a faith-based ruse, as they play all sides for all
it's worth. However, you folks damn well know, there's room within
Usenet for your FTL arguments outside of this topic.

This ongoing ruse/sting of having diverted this topic into your
personal FTL and pro/con Einstein arguments is proof that the Zion
swarm of damage-control rusmasters are still hard at work.

BTW, when exactly did Earth get its seasonal tilt?
-
Brad Guth

oups.com...

Old June 28th 07, 03:34 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

On Jun 28, 5:26 am, Ian Parker wrote:
[...]

Our beloved Einstein was also a puppet, and like a good little Zionist
puppet he pretty much did exactly what he was given and/or told to do,
of which didn't allow for anything ET or ETI related, no matters what
the physics or best available science had to say.

Stuffing an ET Gray up his butt wouldn't have altered his anti-ET and
thus bigoted mindset, being the very same outcome as the Zion swarm
that he was part of.

Either you are a team player, or you are not. Einstein was for the
most part a team player.
-
Brad Guth

Old June 28th 07, 04:26 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
Ian Parker

On 23 Jun, 16:26, BradGuth wrote:
Oops, sorry about all that: Google error / Server Error
"The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your
request."

It seems whenever I've posted to various topics (mostly those of my
own) that we get our Usenet land into deep crapolla with the lords and
rusemasters of those Old Testament thumping Zions and of their brown-
nosed Atheist minions in charge of all that's GOOGLE/NOVA.

Oh, oh, so it is not only Zionism you are against, it is Google too.
Oh dear, so the fact that you can access any information weakens CIA/
establishment control. Oh I see it all now. I got all these references
on Latin America without having to do that much research.

http://www.geocities.com/ciameddling/
http://www.krysstal.com/display_acts...ncountry=-Cuba

http://www.soaw.org/article.php?id=98
Have to read the original. I know a bit of Spanish.

Oh I see now. You can't nobble Google so you want to destroy it. I see
that the demise of Radio Reloj will be of just as great significance
up north.

How many Jews work for Google? Can't say I have ever thought about it.
Probably the proportion of Jews in the general graduate population.

I feel that having the world's information in one place will greatly
speed up scientific research and human progress in general. That is if
it is used properly and no one group gains control. If the military or
the CIA get control - heaven help us!

- Ian Parker

Old June 28th 07, 05:10 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
Ian Parker

On 23 Jun, 23:32, "Chris.B" wrote:
This Zionist nonsense is typical of the irrationality of almost every
post Mr/Ms Guth utters. If Israel had a scrap of intelligence it
would use the Arabs for modestly well paid factory fodder. Thereby
lifting the whole region out of their inherited poverty. End of Middle
East problem.

They have in fact! Problem is suicide bombers and the fact that the
frontier is periodically closed. The problem with humanity is
stupidity and irrationality, it is, on the whole, not with
Machiavellian geniuses. The problem is that the Arabs are too stupid
to take a good thing when they see it.

Perhaps AI will leapfrog average human intelligence and be used for
something other than battle planning and strategy?

AI is used for lots of things. One of its main uses is Internet
searches. Brad Guth shows himself in his true colors when he advocates
doing away with Google.

The clearest evidence for the lack of ET amongst us is that they have
failed to curb our excesses, inequality, bigotry and brutality.

Unless "They" are forbidden direct intervention, one can only assume
they enjoy holidaying amongst backward savages. Attired as we are only
in the thin veneer of technological civilisation. (I use the latter
term loosely)

If direct intervention is forbidden there will be faries at the bottom
of my garden (who go away as soon as I approach). As an ET with our
own emergent technological capability will be capable of remaining
hidden, ET therefore ceases to be a scientific question.

It would take only a few dollars on the price of vehicle fuel for some
countries to descend into total anarchy. Never to rise from the ashes
again.

I recall Iran has just started rationing gasolene. If the US were to
remove its threats there is a good chance Ahmadinebad would fall.

One can have endless speculation on what ET would do. ET (if he
exists) is certainly on the Web. ET/AI is reading this. If you are on
the Web there are ways of subtly altering things to help humanity. We
can ask what about free will etc. It starts to become a rather
theological discussion.

There is one thing that is abundantly clear. That is that no one has
ever seen ET, directly or indirectly. All talk about Little Green Men
and the Greys are simply nonsense. To me the most important question
is who started the rumors and who is feeding them. ET flying saucers
are likewise nonsense.

- Ian Parker

Old June 28th 07, 08:38 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
Eric Chomko[_2_]

On Jun 22, 10:57 am, (Rand Simberg)
wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 07:48:49 -0700, in a place far, far away, Ian
Parker made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

The knowledge of Zion naysayism on a stick isn't hardly worth our
infomercial crapolla that's flowing up hill, at least not to any ET
worth their salt. If you have interplanetary and/or much less
interstellar capability, as such Earth is pretty much worth nothing
except trouble.
-
I must say I find you extremely difficult to understand.

That's because he's even more crazy than you are. It's a waste of
time to discourse with him.- Hide quoted text -

You have not made a contribution. You have simply called names.

I have simply spoken truth. Neither I, or any other sane person, has
any interest in reading Brad Guth's posts, or anyone else's responses
to them.

The question of UFO and ETs is a question that loads and loads of
people have asked from time to time. Now we have a definitive
conclusion.

Which is completely irrelevant to my point, which is that Brad Guth is
nuts, and that we should stop encouraging him by responding to his
insanity, and hope that he some day gets help.

Do you really care? I seriously doubt that you do. You talk a good
game but the evidence points more at your personality flaws than
anything Guth states. What do you care if people respond to Brad or
not? You seem to have a lot of energy on the fact that some people
take him seriously. Maybe if you worked on you rather than worrying
about Brad and others the world would be a better place? Surely you
can't change Brad, however...

Eric

Old June 28th 07, 08:40 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
Eric Chomko[_2_]

On Jun 28, 12:50 am, Liberalhere wrote:
"Nick Mason" noemail@nospam wrote :

Nick Mason wrote:

wwer werj w ws wrh lwerh w;q wer

Please ignore the gibberish, the damn cat came in out of rain and was
walking all over they keyboard dripping everywhere. Between him and me
trying to keep the keyboard dry we managed to send that!

Sorry.

Oh, I dunno, compared to Chomko's and McCall's eternal lovers' spat, it was
refreshing. Compliments to your cat. Wonder what he'd type after a little
catnip turned him on?

First you rail on about McCall and me and then you are trying to pick
up Mason's cat...

Eric

Old June 28th 07, 08:51 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:38:19 -0000, in a place far, far away, Eric
Chomko made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

The question of UFO and ETs is a question that loads and loads of
people have asked from time to time. Now we have a definitive
conclusion.

Which is completely irrelevant to my point, which is that Brad Guth is
nuts, and that we should stop encouraging him by responding to his
insanity, and hope that he some day gets help.

Do you really care?

Yes.

I seriously doubt that you do.

Who cares what you seriously doubt? You're an idiot.
Old June 28th 07, 08:53 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
Eric Chomko[_2_]

On Jun 28, 3:51 pm, (Rand Simberg)
wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:38:19 -0000, in a place far, far away, Eric
Chomko made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

The question of UFO and ETs is a question that loads and loads of
people have asked from time to time. Now we have a definitive
conclusion.

Which is completely irrelevant to my point, which is that Brad Guth is
nuts, and that we should stop encouraging him by responding to his
insanity, and hope that he some day gets help.

Do you really care?

Yes.

I seriously doubt that you do.

Who cares what you seriously doubt? You're an idiot.

And you're a jerk with character flaws. Let Brad post. If you don't
like it then don't post. But trying to stop everyone from responding
to his posts is just plain dumb on your part.

Did I say that you are a jerk? Oh yes, the first line...