ASTRO: M101 large file warning Text only

Old March 31st 07, 08:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: M101 large file warning Text only

When I reduced the file size of this image to my normal half size I lost
detail, especially the HII regions so I decided to leave it full size.
First time I've posted a full frame, full size STL-11000 image, thus
this warning. I don't have a website like others here to post the full
size image on. If it is too large for you on dial-up or your ISP blocks
it due to size, let me know and I'll post a half size image, 2006x1336,
or smaller if need be. Just let me know.

Rick

Old March 31st 07, 10:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Ioannis

"Rick Johnson" wrote in message

When I reduced the file size of this image to my normal half size I lost
detail, especially the HII regions so I decided to leave it full size.
First time I've posted a full frame, full size STL-11000 image, thus
this warning. I don't have a website like others here to post the full
size image on. If it is too large for you on dial-up or your ISP blocks
it due to size, let me know and I'll post a half size image, 2006x1336,
or smaller if need be. Just let me know.

Rick

How about posting two versions? Full and reduced, with appropriate sizes and
warnings on the titles. Then we can decide which one to download based on our
bandwidth.

I for one, would welcome the full size. Please post.
--
I.N. Galidakis --- http://ioannis.virtualcomposer2000.com/

Old March 31st 07, 11:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Ioannis wrote:

"Rick Johnson" wrote in message

When I reduced the file size of this image to my normal half size I lost
detail, especially the HII regions so I decided to leave it full size.
First time I've posted a full frame, full size STL-11000 image, thus
this warning. I don't have a website like others here to post the full
size image on. If it is too large for you on dial-up or your ISP blocks
it due to size, let me know and I'll post a half size image, 2006x1336,
or smaller if need be. Just let me know.

Rick

How about posting two versions? Full and reduced, with appropriate sizes and
warnings on the titles. Then we can decide which one to download based on our
bandwidth.

I for one, would welcome the full size. Please post.

I did post it immediately after this warning post. I was afraid it
might not reach all servers due to size. That's why I posted this note
separately. The on line computer doesn't have image software in it. So
I'll redo it on the other machine and post the smaller version later
tonight. If that too doesn't get through I'll post an even smaller one.

Rick