[OT] Any "Halo" fans?

Old August 3rd 04, 10:29 AM
OM

Default [OT] Any "Halo" fans?

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 03:00:56 GMT, David Higgins
wrote:

Probably should have called it a Hell 2001FP just to appease
OM. :-)

....It's not the company or its products I hold a grudge against. ****,
all but two of my 15 systems are Dell manufactured, with the other two
being specialty boxes with certain older cards that won't work in
today's non-ISA systems.

....What I *do* hold a grudge against are the mid-level *******
managers who convinced Michael, Mort, Kevin and the other BOD members
that it was in the company's best interests to hold several layoffs
when the company was *not* in any financial difficulties whatsoever.
Every single one of these
sodomized-by-a-horse-on-a-daily-basis-and-loving-it scumbags were
recruited from IBM only a couple of years earlier, and were
responsible for turning the company from an incredibly fun place to
work for into IBM Jr.

One day, they will all wind up in Hell, and if God/Yahweh/Roddenberry
has any concept of justice it'll happen soon...

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old August 6th 04, 09:10 AM
OM

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 22:34:16 -0400, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...
This one's a severe
resource hog, but at least the bacon does fry up nice and crisp :-)

It seems to me that there ought to be a coffee-warmer device that comes with
the new machines with these fancy video cards. Instead of simply throwing
that heat away, there ought to be something that fits in a drive bay that
can pop out like a CD drive and can hold a cup of java.

....Hell, there used to be a HW hacker site that had instructions on
how to make sour mash with an overclocked CPU using the still setup as
the cooler. Supposedly made about two shots worth from mash in about
the time it takes to run a decent 25 frag limit Unreal Tournament
deathmatch. That came out when the 1GHz procs hit the market, and I'd
be curious to see how well it would work with the 3x versions we have
today :-)

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr