Are We Alone ?

Old May 20th 21, 07:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Default Are We Alone ?

Your ignorance of freshman physics is showing again, Bast. Photons have momentum, just look it up. It is in every physics text ever written!

Momentum yes, BUT no mass. Interesting.
Old May 20th 21, 07:12 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

wrote:
Photons have no mass.

Observed or measured speed in any inertial frame will always be c .

Old May 21st 21, 03:35 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

palsing wrote:
On Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 8:39:08 PM UTC-7, Bast wrote:
palsing wrote:
On Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 1:20:09 AM UTC-7, Daniel65 wrote:
R Kym Horsell wrote on 18/5/21 1:09 am:
In alt.astronomy Bast wrote:
wrote:
Amazing how the whole point of this thread continues to be missed,
that distances are FAR too great for any practical travel between
stars, even in the very unlikely event of traveling near light
speed, or of any communications. All experience so far has
confirmed this.
You mean,......SO FAR
It was not that long ago the same thought about being impossible
was said about beng able to travel at speeds of over 30 miles per
hour......
Until it happened.
If I have missed the point that some people willl always refuse to
believe that limits are only something thet has not been figured
out yet, then you are right.
Wait until we discover that light actually can travel faster than
"C", and it's medium is actually the "stuff" we now wrongly call
"dark matter".

Sounds a bit speculative.

We know the speed of light in a vacuum is faster than the speed of
light in a material with a refractive index 1.

But we also know the vacuum is nowhere near empty -- there are
virtual particles, mostly electron/positron paris, jamming around
any photon trying to motor along. If you had a "real" quantum
vaccum then you might find photons moved faster.
O.K., pick me, I'll ask the question that everyone's thinking!! (My
theory is ... "The only dumb question is the question that goes
unasked!!)

Doesn't a 'photon' have Mass?? If so, then how could 'a "real"
quantum vacuum' possibly contain a photon??
--
Daniel

A photon has no mass but it does have momentum. Recall that nothing
with mass can attain the speed of light.

https://socratic.org/questions/how-d...um-of-a-photon

There you go, BREAKING THE RULES again.
No mass, can not have any momentum. THAT is the rule, and has been for
decades

Funny how alll the rules of physics are total and
unquestionable,.....until somebody discovers something that doesn't
fit, so a new rule gets made up.

Even the new 2020-21 rule that no mass is allowed for any photon, or
any other Christian. Churches are closed, Masses are outlawed.
Get with the globalist programs and quit thinking for yourself. Or the
Ministry of Truth thought police will come for you.

Your ignorance of freshman physics is showing again, Bast. Photons have
momentum, just look it up. It is in every physics text ever written!

Sorry, but do you remember how years ago, almost every home had a set of
encyclopedia books ?
If you grew up in a house with them,......were they passed on to new
generations and still are referred to as bibles of information.

I betcha, you don't. And do you know WHY ?

Because after 10 years most of what was written in those "textbooks" is
outdated garbage that can only be used for comedy.

Old May 21st 21, 06:42 AM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

In alt.astronomy Bast wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Nice try, Bast, but still a big loss for you. Encyclopedias are ancient history. No matter how much you want to be correct, the fact of that matter that all MODERN textbooks STILL show how and why photons have momentum.

You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink.

Photons have momentum. Ask any of the tens of thousands of physicists around the world, they will all tell you the same thing. If you have evidence to the contrary, let's see it.

Good luck with that!
Old May 21st 21, 07:34 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Daniel65

Bast wrote on 21/5/21 12:35 pm:
palsing wrote:

Snip

Your ignorance of freshman physics is showing again, Bast. Photons have
momentum, just look it up. It is in every physics text ever written!

Sorry, but do you remember how years ago, almost every home had a set of
encyclopedia books ?
If you grew up in a house with them,......were they passed on to new
generations and still are referred to as bibles of information.

I betcha, you don't. And do you know WHY ?

Because after 10 years most of what was written in those "textbooks" is
outdated garbage that can only be used for comedy.

"10 years"?? Some would have been out of date *before* they left the
Printers!! ;-P
--
Daniel
Old May 21st 21, 10:21 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

In alt.astronomy Bast wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I am not making any claims, other than what we are told to "accept" as
truth. Is often later discovered to be a FLAT OUT LIE.
So I have no need of offering any evidence.
We've all been dragged through over a year of covid based lies, and you
STILL, do not see.

You also are falling into the latest media hoax of "UFO's" , that is meant
to draw the minions attention away from the fact that everyday you are
losing any rights you had left.
If you really want a "TEXTBBOOK" to read,......try Orwell's 1984. And pay
attention to how easily the "ministry of truth" actually controlled the
plebs.

Old May 21st 21, 10:30 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

Daniel65 wrote:
Bast wrote on 21/5/21 12:35 pm:
palsing wrote:

Snip

Your ignorance of freshman physics is showing again, Bast. Photons
have momentum, just look it up. It is in every physics text ever
written!

Sorry, but do you remember how years ago, almost every home had a set
of encyclopedia books ?
If you grew up in a house with them,......were they passed on to new
generations and still are referred to as bibles of information.

I betcha, you don't. And do you know WHY ?

Because after 10 years most of what was written in those "textbooks" is
outdated garbage that can only be used for comedy.

"10 years"?? Some would have been out of date *before* they left the
Printers!! ;-P

Even the online stuff was just as wrong. By Design
And why all the encyclopedia's,....morphed into things like WIKIPEDEA.

Which is now why the simpletons who used to say, "it's printed in a book, so
it must be true".
Now try to win arguments by saying "it's on the internet, so it must be
true"

My opinion,......I'm keeping an open mind to all possibilities, until I see
hard proof myself.

Old May 21st 21, 11:54 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Daniel65

Bast wrote on 21/5/21 7:30 pm:
Daniel65 wrote:
Bast wrote on 21/5/21 12:35 pm:
palsing wrote:

Snip

[...]

What was the old saying .... "Believe half of what you see and a quarter
of what you read"!!

https://www.juliantalbot.com/post/be...f-what-you-see

Now try to win arguments by saying "it's on the internet, so it must be
true"

"The Truth is Out There!!" ;-P

My opinion,......I'm keeping an open mind to all possibilities, until I see
hard proof myself.

Sounds about right.
--
Daniel
Old May 21st 21, 09:04 PM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

In alt.astronomy Bast wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Yes, Bast, you certainly DID make a claim! You said "No mass, can not have any momentum. THAT is the rule, and has been for decades." Since a photon has no mass but has verifiable momentum, your claim is easily refuted.

We've all been dragged through over a year of covid based lies, and you
STILL, do not see.

Which covid hoax is that, Bast? Is it a hoax that, as of today, there have been 3,452,766 worldwide deaths due to this disease? Just what hoax are you referencing?

You also are falling into the latest media hoax of "UFO's" , that is meant
to draw the minions attention away from the fact that everyday you are
losing any rights you had left.

I made no statement at all about UFO's, Bast, not a single word.

If you really want a "TEXTBBOOK" to read,......try Orwell's 1984. And pay
attention to how easily the "ministry of truth" actually controlled the
plebs.

Orwell's book was a science fiction novel, Bast. Why would you make the false claim that it is a textbook? You always seem to confuse facts and fiction.