Venusian shadow - part 2

Old May 21st 07, 09:19 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Pete Lawrence[_1_]

Default Venusian shadow - part 2

Here's a update for my November 2005 project to capture the shadow
cast by Venus...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/venus/s...f-venus_2.html

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old May 21st 07, 10:20 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
norman

On Mon, 21 May 2007 09:19:49 +0100, Pete Lawrence wrote:

Here's a update for my November 2005 project to capture the shadow
cast by Venus...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/venus/s...f-venus_2.html

That is brilliant, thanks very much.

Norman

Old May 21st 07, 10:43 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On May 21, 9:19 am, Pete Lawrence
wrote:
Here's a update for my November 2005 project to capture the shadow
cast by Venus...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/venus/s...f-venus_2.html

--
Petehttp://www.digitalsky.org.uk

Dear,oh dear oh dear.Let us see -

"Then a simple experiment dawned on me that would prove once and for
all that the shadow was indeed caused by Earth's brilliant twin. By
taking a number of sequential shots on the same night, as long as the
camera and shadow casting object remained stationary, the apparent
movement of Venus in the sky should cause the shadow to move on the
wall being used as a screen."

Who would liike to inform Pete here that shadow movements are due to
the motion of the Earth,specifically axial rotation.

Correlating a radiation/shadow differential with the apparent motion
of Venus is quite a strecth.Considering that I have spent the best
part of two years trying to get participants interested in the actual
change in the Earth's solar radiation/orbital shadow boundary to
explain global climate and the seasons rather than the pseudo-dynamic
of variable axial tilt,your geocentric wishful thinking typifies why
astrological tendencies are so damaging.In short,you cannot think
straighrt.

If any of you spent some time trying to figure out how the motion of
the solar radiation/orbital shadow boundary splits the polar axis at
the Equinoxes I would not have to come here and deal with nonsense
such as analemmas and pseudo-dynamics of variable axial tilt.

Old May 21st 07, 10:47 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On May 21, 10:20 am, norman wrote:
On Mon, 21 May 2007 09:19:49 +0100, Pete Lawrence wrote:
Here's a update for my November 2005 project to capture the shadow
cast by Venus...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/venus/s...f-venus_2.html

That is brilliant, thanks very much.

Norman

Here you go,if you want a real challenge then try and match the Solar
radiation/orbital shadow boundary with the geographical axis of the
Earth without giving the Earth a variable axial tilt.

http://www.astronomy.org/programs/se...flashlight.gif

Considering that this is the enormous conmnection between astronomy
and climatology and a huge modification of the original reasons for
the reasons I suggest you take your time trying to figure out what
moves and what does not.

Pete here is from a group who believes that the angle of inclination
of received radiation is responsible for the seasons hence the
astrological analemmas.

Old May 21st 07, 10:55 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
a l l y

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
news
Here's a update for my November 2005 project to capture the shadow
cast by Venus...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/venus/s...f-venus_2.html

Wow. :-)) I love it. Gives me a lovely warm tingle all over.

ally

Old May 21st 07, 12:52 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Anthony Ayiomamitis

wrote:

Here's a update for my November 2005 project to capture the shadow
cast by Venus...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/venus/s...f-venus_2.html

--
Petehttp://www.digitalsky.org.uk

Dear,oh dear oh dear.Let us see -

snip

Sorry, Pete, but now it's your turn .... thanks to you, I have a
(temporary) reprieve from oriel.

When you have had enough, just remind him about my analemma work and
..... things will be back to "normal" for me. :-)

Anthony.
Old May 21st 07, 01:09 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Pete Lawrence[_1_]

wrote:

Here's a update for my November 2005 project to capture the shadow
cast by Venus...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/venus/s...f-venus_2.html

--
Petehttp://www.digitalsky.org.uk

Dear,oh dear oh dear.Let us see -

snip

Sorry, Pete, but now it's your turn .... thanks to you, I have a
(temporary) reprieve from oriel.

When you have had enough, just remind him about my analemma work and
.... things will be back to "normal" for me. :-)

I don't normally see his cuckoo posts at all because he goes into a
radiation/shadow differential orbital sub-rotational framework I call
my kill file. There he's at home because there's lots of other rubbish
he can pick up tips from. You have to admire someone with so little in
their life that they can spend so much time writing drivel designed to
include keywords to bait their troll prey. Sorry, did I say admire? I
mean't pity of course ;-)

Does she (because we don't know if Gertrude is a man) still refer to
the analema as the astrological analema? Gosh, that's an impressive
bait isn't it? He's a real master ;-)
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old May 21st 07, 01:34 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Tim Duke

For once in my life, I was away on business during a new moon (usually when
i go away, it's a full moon - never seem to time it right).

Unfortunately I was sent out to the carribean island of Bonaire near the
coast of Venezuela. By some fate, the potential client that I was visisting
was into astronomy and took my up to the top of the island where it was
absolutely pitch black!

First time I had seen the southern cross and Omega Centauri! Venus was very
high in the sky and I was actually able to cast a shadow of my hand on to a
sheet of paper. I was so chuffed!!!

Tim

Old May 21st 07, 01:40 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Anthony Ayiomamitis

wrote:

[...]

Well said (and fully quoted on purpose). I confess to not using
killfiles but I suspect it may just be time to do something similar.

I remember 10 yrs ago s.a.a. was really a great place ... it has now
become the playground for lots of nutcases with too much time on their
hands intent on being a pain in the butt and all while hiding behind a
keyboard.

Anthony.
Old May 21st 07, 01:42 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Anthony Ayiomamitis

Tim Duke wrote:

For once in my life, I was away on business during a new moon (usually when
i go away, it's a full moon - never seem to time it right).

Unfortunately I was sent out to the carribean island of Bonaire near the
coast of Venezuela. By some fate, the potential client that I was visisting
was into astronomy and took my up to the top of the island where it was
absolutely pitch black!

First time I had seen the southern cross and Omega Centauri! Venus was very
high in the sky and I was actually able to cast a shadow of my hand on to a
sheet of paper. I was so chuffed!!!

Tim/Pete,

There must be a way to nail this task so that there is no doubt about
the success of such a project. Time for my thinking cap to go on ....

Anthony.

Tim