Venus in the evening

Old May 3rd 05, 04:59 AM
Florian

Default Venus in the evening

Just picked out Venus during bright evening twilight at about 7:15pm=20
local time. I was using my 10x32 Leica binoculars. Over the next few=20
months Venus will be slowing pulling away from the sun and moving=20
southward. Also on the evening of June 25th Venus, Mercury and Saturn=20
will all be within 2=B0 of each other!

-Florian
Palm Springs, Calif.

Old May 3rd 05, 06:23 AM
CLT

Congrats!

Clear Skies

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?

Are you interested in understanding optics?

To reply, remove Delete and change period com to period net
************************************************** ************

"Florian" wrote in message
Just picked out Venus during bright evening twilight at about 7:15pm
local time. I was using my 10x32 Leica binoculars. Over the next few
months Venus will be slowing pulling away from the sun and moving
southward. Also on the evening of June 25th Venus, Mercury and Saturn
will all be within 2° of each other!

-Florian
Palm Springs, Calif.

Old May 3rd 05, 06:08 PM
Erik

I concur, very nice. As for me, I am dullard enought not to be able to
pick out Mercury yet. BTW, very nice skies you have in Palm Springs.

Erik
socalsw

Old May 4th 05, 03:17 AM
Clayton Doyles

"Florian" wrote in message
Just picked out Venus during bright evening twilight at about 7:15pm
local time. I was using my 10x32 Leica binoculars. Over the next few
months Venus will be slowing pulling away from the sun and moving
southward. Also on the evening of June 25th Venus, Mercury and Saturn
will all be within 2° of each other!

-Florian
Palm Springs, Calif.

The last time I saw Venus was in December, 2004. It was around noon and,
although there were clouds, I pinpointed it with my scope's finderscope.
Then I took a look at it through the C8 with a #47 violet filter. I
couldn't believe how small it had become and was even fooled into thinking
it was Mars for a while. However, I knew that Mars wouldn't show up at that
time of day.

Clay

Old May 4th 05, 11:09 AM
nytecam[_1_] nytecam[_1_] is offline
Senior Member

Location: london-uk

Nice one! Been watching Venus on Soho widefield in last few months - still a Venus 'spike' on today's frame [May 4th] LH side.

Nytecam
51N 0.1W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florian