ATTN: Google Groups now improving! (was: google now useless)

Old March 16th 05, 05:08 PM
Daniel Joseph Min

Default ATTN: Google Groups now improving! (was: google now useless)

YES! Google has undergone some "interesting" transformations
since they lost the most important election in human history
on that happy fateful Tuesday November 2nd, 2004 anno Domini.

But lately things are greatly and notably improving, read on...

Beginning about December 1, 2004, the local domain Google
"Groups" went to hell in a handbasket. Longer messages were
being severely truncated, all embedded links, message id's
and email addys broken with a "...", the number of "hits"
cut down to less than one-third of what's actually still
in the archives (accessible on the foreign-domain servers),
and monospaced plain text messages were being forced into
non-monospaced text (like Times Roman) which made messages
look like gobbledygook, especially messages with charts or
ascii art, etc. Truly, Google went down the post-election
toilet as fast as you can say "Beta" Groups totally sucked!

Apparently, however, because Google quickly received so many
millions of furious complaints over their draconian censorship
of the public newsgroup archives (with messages dating back
to 1981, with early messages post-dated from 1979), Google
has begun to back away from their anti-freespeech bitterness,
and have restored some of the previous functionality to the
local domain Groups servers. At least at this writing March
15, 2005, it now appears that longer archived messages are
no longer being truncated, which in and of itself is a VERY
encouraging sign (that was a BIG issue). &Google now offers
the choice of reading messages in monospaced text--another
very promising sign that Google realized that they had gone
too far over the line with their censorship, and corporate
profits could begin to be in jeopardy had Google chosen to
ignore their millions of "Groups" users. These, shall we say
RE-improvements of the google Groups should come as quite a
relief for the whole worldwide usenet newsgroup community;
that is, excluding liberals. They lost yet another battle,
and every time we defeat them is *VERY* gratifying news.

On the down side, all message id's, embedded Google-archived
links and email addresses are still broken with a "...", and
it's no secret that Google is owned and operated by extremist
left-wing liberals, against whom we Republicans, Independents
and (informed) moderate Democrats are aggressively boycotting
nationwide and worldwide...i.e. "Buy Red!" and "Boycott Blue!"

And given Google's recent track record of *across-the-board*
censorship of the newsgroup archives, I wouldn't assume that
the Google Groups are going to remain on track to recovery
or its pre-electionesque user-friendly functionality. They
wrecked it before, and they most surely will wreck it again
if Google Groups' users should become complacent and let
their guard down. The liberals are desperate, and they'll
do *anything* to censor freespeech if not kept in check.

So it would be a good idea to search Google Groups on both
local and foreign domains to make sure long messages aren't
being once again truncated, and make sure that monospaced
text is still an option. But the issue with the "..." is
not likely to be remedied anytime soon on local domains,
and having search results cut down by 2/3rds is still a
major problem for Google, so users should still use any of
the foreign domain Google Groups URLs for serious searches,
and continue to frequently register your concerns to Google.
I'm happy to see that Google indeed *is* listening, even if
they are radical left-wing liberals...let's chalk up another
victory for capitalism. (Is Liberal Capitalism an oxymoron?)

Daniel Joseph Min
http://www.geocities.com/daniel_joseph_min
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?...rch=0x2B1CCFE7

On 15 Mar 2005, wrote:
I used to use google groups for usenst and I've just started to TRY
and use it again. DAMN! It's been taken over by the moderns! ...DAMN!
DAMN!...and so it doesn't BLOODY work!
Trying to use it is awful. Everything about it is a nightmare. Who the
bloody hell designed this godamn mess?
ALSO: I want to give the news that I posted to
news.admin.net-abuse.sightings. My post was an innocuous message. It
can't be found. Either it never got through or it's been deleted. Yet
someone must've seen it because a copy of it was sent by someone to
another message board. Google is not usenet. The whole point of usenet
was that it was supposed to be free. Not controlled by the usual
censor-and-own-the-world scumbags.
Damn google to hell. And damn the wikipedia - the worst, filthiest,
most ignorant site on the web to hell.

Download Free Books by Daniel Joseph Min:
http://danieljosephmin.tripod.com/
http://www.angelfire.com/moon2/danieljosephmin/
http://www.freewebs.com/danieljosephmin/
http://danieljosephmin.95mb.com/
http://www.2hot2cool.com/11/danieljosephmin/
http://www.geocities.com/daniel_joseph_min/
http://danieljosephmin.0catch.com/
http://danieljosephmin.50megs.com/
http://danieljosephmin.150m.com/
http://danieljosephmin.741.com/
http://danieljosephmin.faithweb.com/
http://danieljosephmin.greatnow.com/
http://danieljosephmin.action-links.net/
http://free.hostdepartment.com/d/danieljosephmin/
http://danieljosephmin.arcadepages.com/
http://www.danieljosephmin.netfirms.com/
http://www.webhosting4free.biz/danieljosephmin/
http://danieljosephmin.aboutme.com/
http://danieljosephmin.freespaces.com/
http://danieljosephmin.freeweb.to/
http://danieljosephmin.mvhosted.com/
http://www.web-space.tv/danieljosephmin/
http://danieljosephmin.wtcsites.com/

Old March 21st 05, 07:01 PM

It's a bit difficult for me to follow some of your message. I presume
it was an answer to my post, but why did you start another thread?
What election? What do you mean "happy"? What "local domain"? Do you
mean you are american and therefore assume that the whole world
consists of you local american area?

I'm glad you're against the "extremist left-wing liberals," scum, but
the other side are just as bad. The point is that the google thing was
bad enough before as it was for modern geeks and incredibly badly
designed. But the new one as I said is clearly a change to the modern
new style of utter dumbo, make it the opposite of what it should be,
that I have seen countless companies and government departments apply
to everything from bus shelters to form-filling to packaging, you name
it. It's as if they are determined that the thing or service in
question can not be used by humans. It IS a left-wing thing, done by
the politically correct people. But capitalism is not the answer. The
thing I'm complaining about is ultra-capitalist and done by
capitalists.

I don't think there's any point in waiting for it to get better. These
scum get ahold of something and it's trashed for good.
-----------

Old March 22nd 05, 03:54 PM
mikelist

ALSO: I want to give the news that I posted to
news.admin.net-abuse.sightings. My post was an innocuous message. It
can't be found. Either it never got through or it's been deleted.

moderator=1 Min(imal intellect)=0
perhaps you feel that we come here for samples of your wisdom, let me
disabuse you of that notion. Out of 4 groups you regularly pollute, only
one has any intrinsic interest in your myopic drivel, or even the topics
you expound.
Yet
someone must've seen it because a copy of it was sent by someone to
another message board. Google is not usenet. The whole point of usenet
was that it was supposed to be free. Not controlled by the usual
censor-and-own-the-world scumbags.

I'm going to suggest that usenet groups have been moderated since before
you ever touched a keyboard. Apparently, you feel that your views are
somehow sacrosanct, another disabusal for you. Why is it that you think
we'd be outraged by people who do by accident what we would like to do
deliberately (miss out on your self-congratulatory, hug-yourself lunacy)

Damn google to hell. And damn the wikipedia - the worst, filthiest,
most ignorant site on the web to hell.

Alternately, the most up to date, accurate, expandible (you can add or
edit from the wiki), online encyclopedia, as well as anathema to the
closed minded. I'll bet their major offense is in not having an entry
showing that Daniel minimal is the most influential political analyst of
our time.

You are only a petty-minded troll with access to a computer, not a major
political science authority, as the breadth of your posts demonstrate
more than adequately.