Speaking of RCS firings in the atmosphere...

Old August 8th 03, 03:57 AM
Terrence Daniels

Default Speaking of RCS firings in the atmosphere...

Are there any photos floating around of the ground tests? Real, correctly
interpreted ones, I mean. I've found that the tests are (or were) done
at White Sands:

http://www.wstf.nasa.gov/TextExt/Pro...leetLeader.htm

Out of curiosity, what (if any) effects would be generated by RCS firings on
ascent, since the subject doesn't seem to want to die?

Old August 8th 03, 04:01 AM
Terrence Daniels

Default Ah - found some photos, for anyone interested

http://www.capcomespace.net/shuttle/sts/OMS_RCS.htm

The flame is smaller than I thought it would be. That's probably a
long-exposure photo, too.

Here's the Google search I used. Note the third link listed. :P

http://www.google.com/search?q=white...&start=10&sa=N