Skywalker went to space yesterday.

Old January 16th 21, 01:57 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Alain Fournier[_3_]

Default Skywalker went to space yesterday.

Blue Origin had a successful suborbital test flight of its New Shepard
rocket with the mannequin Skywalker in the capsule. It seems that the
mannequin will soon be replaced by humans.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/blue-or...h-new-shepard/

I think that is cool.

Alain Fournier
Old January 16th 21, 01:56 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

In article , says...

Blue Origin had a successful suborbital test flight of its New Shepard
rocket with the mannequin Skywalker in the capsule. It seems that the
mannequin will soon be replaced by humans.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/blue-or...h-new-shepard/

I think that is cool.

It's cool, but it remains to be seen how often it will fly and if Blue
can make a profit on it. I'm sure they'll just eat development costs.

Jeff

Old January 16th 21, 03:46 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Alain Fournier[_3_]

On Jan/16/2021 at 08:56, Jeff Findley wrote :
In article , says...

Blue Origin had a successful suborbital test flight of its New Shepard
rocket with the mannequin Skywalker in the capsule. It seems that the
mannequin will soon be replaced by humans.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/blue-or...h-new-shepard/

I think that is cool.

It's cool, but it remains to be seen how often it will fly and if Blue
can make a profit on it. I'm sure they'll just eat development costs.

Jeff

Yes. But Blue Origin seems to be doing things right. They are reusing
rockets instead of throwing them away after one flight. So for them to
make a profit seems like a plausible outcome.

Alain Fournier