Apollo 18 Hits Theaters on Sept 2nd.

Old August 8th 11, 02:57 PM posted to sci.space.history
David Spain

Default Apollo 18 Hits Theaters on Sept 2nd.

http://www.apollo18movie.net/

Just in time to catch the college back-in-school crowd.

I can just hear the commentary from the crowd of late teen early
twenty-something boys (ahem, young men) streaming from the theater:

"Wow Apollo Program, what a cool idea. Has that come out on Activision or Sega?"

;-)

Dave
Old August 8th 11, 10:01 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 09:57:59 -0400, David Spain wrote:

http://www.apollo18movie.net/

Just in time to catch the college back-in-school crowd.

I can just hear the commentary from the crowd of late teen early
twenty-something boys (ahem, young men) streaming from the theater:

"Wow Apollo Program, what a cool idea. Has that come out on Activision or Sega?"

;-)

Dave

I can't believe this is the first I've heard of this movie.
Old August 9th 11, 02:23 AM posted to sci.space.history
Paul A. Suhler

On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 09:57:59 -0400, David Spain wrote:

http://www.apollo18movie.net/

Just in time to catch the college back-in-school crowd.

I can just hear the commentary from the crowd of late teen early
twenty-something boys (ahem, young men) streaming from the theater:

"Wow Apollo Program, what a cool idea. Has that come out on Activision or Sega?"

;-)

Dave

I can't believe this is the first I've heard of this movie.

http://apollo18movie.net/

Looks like "Alien" meets "The Blair Witch Project."

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Or at least very annoyed.

A secret Apollo launch. Right.

Paul
Old August 9th 11, 02:32 AM posted to sci.space.history
Val Kraut

A secret Apollo launch. Right.

Really scarey to realize that folks who could believe there was a secret
Satrun V Apollo Launch are allowed to vote.

Val Kraut

Old August 9th 11, 07:01 AM posted to sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_3_]

On 9/08/2011 11:32 AM, Val Kraut wrote:
A secret Apollo launch. Right.

Really scarey to realize that folks who could believe there was a secret
Satrun V Apollo Launch are allowed to vote.

Val Kraut

I can imagine the tour at KSC during the 'secret launch' - BOOOM!! and a
tourist asks the operator "Hey, what was that?" and the operator says "I
have no idea what you are talking about" with a straight face.

There was another use of "Apollo 18" -
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088611/ So, nothing original, yet again,
from Copywood.

Old August 9th 11, 04:25 PM posted to sci.space.history
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
Alan Erskine wrote:

On 9/08/2011 11:32 AM, Val Kraut wrote:
A secret Apollo launch. Right.

Really scarey to realize that folks who could believe there was a secret
Satrun V Apollo Launch are allowed to vote.

Val Kraut

I can imagine the tour at KSC during the 'secret launch' - BOOOM!! and a
tourist asks the operator "Hey, what was that?" and the operator says "I
have no idea what you are talking about" with a straight face.

There was another use of "Apollo 18" -
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088611/ So, nothing original, yet again,
from Copywood.

Not only that, but KSC is quite visible from the surrounding area (and
especially from the air). In addition, the Saturn V was the loudest,
most visible rocket that ever launched from there. An unannounced launch
of that baby would have gotten LOTS of attention!
Old August 9th 11, 06:15 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rick Jones

Not having plans to see the movie, I'll still blue-sky...

You see, the launch wasn't from Kennedy. No, what they did was
convert the Glomar Explorer into a launch ship (OK, never mind that it
was probably too small and launched from the middle of the Pacific
near the equator, perhaps, similarly to the recent Chinese nav sat
launch, in the middle of the eye of a typhoon/hurricane shielding the
launch from view except by orbiting satelite. To deal with that the
launch was cleverly timed and a few non-US nationals were paid-off.
Perhaps they were all large buxom women of the sort who distracted the
supervisor when Bond shot whatshisname through the gas pipeline...

rick jones
Old August 9th 11, 08:29 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley

In article orfairbairn-6A2FE3.11253109082011@70-3-168-
216.pools.spcsdns.net, says...

In article ,
Alan Erskine wrote:

On 9/08/2011 11:32 AM, Val Kraut wrote:
A secret Apollo launch. Right.

Really scarey to realize that folks who could believe there was a secret
Satrun V Apollo Launch are allowed to vote.

Val Kraut

I can imagine the tour at KSC during the 'secret launch' - BOOOM!! and a
tourist asks the operator "Hey, what was that?" and the operator says "I
have no idea what you are talking about" with a straight face.

There was another use of "Apollo 18" -
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088611/ So, nothing original, yet again,
from Copywood.

Not only that, but KSC is quite visible from the surrounding area (and
especially from the air). In addition, the Saturn V was the loudest,
most visible rocket that ever launched from there. An unannounced launch
of that baby would have gotten LOTS of attention!

Keeping a Saturn V launch secret would be darn near impossible, even if
you assume that it does not launch from KSC.

Jeff
--
" Solids are a branch of fireworks, not rocketry. :-) :-) ", Henry
Spencer 1/28/2011
Old August 10th 11, 12:22 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

On 8/9/2011 7:25 AM, Orval Fairbairn wrote:

Not only that, but KSC is quite visible from the surrounding area (and
especially from the air). In addition, the Saturn V was the loudest,
most visible rocket that ever launched from there. An unannounced launch
of that baby would have gotten LOTS of attention!

The movie shows a LK on the lunar surface also, so the Soviets must have
gotten the N-1 to work right at least once also.

Pat

Old August 10th 11, 12:32 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

On 8/9/2011 9:15 AM, Rick Jones wrote:

Perhaps they were all large buxom women of the sort who distracted the
supervisor when Bond shot whatshisname through the gas pipeline...

As long as it wasn't the Wanton Daughter Of The Unclean Ukraine:
http://www.en.rian.ru/russia/20081027/117972155.html
Russia has had quite enough of _her_ !

Pat

asteroid hits sun Hero Astronomy Misc 13 June 23rd 09 05:54 PM
50,000 hits! Barry Astronomy Misc 0 October 27th 07 02:51 PM
Blackout Hits L.A. Saul Levy Misc 2 September 13th 05 05:11 PM