Daily Report #4790

Old February 12th 09, 03:21 PM posted to sci.astro.hubble
Cooper, Joe

Default Daily Report #4790

DAILY REPORT****** #4790

PERIOD COVERED: 5am February 11 - 5am February 12, 2009 (DOY
*************************** 042/1000z-043/1000z)

OBSERVATIONS SCHEDULED

FGS 11706

The Parallax of the Planet Host Star XO-3

We will use HST+FGS to measure the parallax of the transiting planet
host star XO-3. The resulting accurate distance measurement will
provide the most accurate radius determination to date for this
massive extrasolar planet (XO-3b), allowing us to critically test
current giant extrasolar planet structure models. These observations
will also constrain the amount of heating that may be produced inside
XO-3b by tides raised on the planet as it moves through its 3.2 d
eccentric (e ~ 0.22) orbit.

WFPC2 11967

WFPC2 Imaging of the Lockman Hole

In order to understand galaxy evolution and constrain theoretical
models, we require both multiwavelength photometry (to robustly
determine physical parameters such as star formation rates and stellar
masses) and detailed morphological information. Galaxy morphology
encodes crucial information about galaxy formation history and the
physical processes that trigger star formation and AGN activity, and
high-resolution imaging for large samples of galaxies is currently
only obtainable with HST. The Lockman Hole has been the target of
extensive multi-wavelength observations from the X-ray to the radio,
and will be the target of the deepest wide-area blankfield thermal IR
observations with Herschel, but currently lacks comprehensive HST
imaging. We propose to obtain WFPC2 imaging of ~500 arcmin2 of the
central region of the Lockman Hole in F606W and F814W, to a depth of
V606~26.8 and I814~26. This imaging is crucial in order to
characterize the sources detected at other wavelengths.

FLIGHT OPERATIONS SUMMARY:

investigated.)

HSTARS: (None)

COMPLETED OPS REQUEST: (None)

COMPLETED OPS NOTES: (None)

*********************** SCHEDULED***** SUCCESSFUL

OBAD with Maneuver **** 28**************** 28

SIGNIFICANT EVENTS:* (None)

Daily Report Cooper, Joe Hubble 0 December 22nd 08 06:17 PM
Daily Report # 4324 Cooper, Joe Hubble 0 March 22nd 07 02:53 PM
DAILY REPORT #3905 Lynn Bassford Hubble 0 July 20th 05 09:48 PM
Daily Report [email protected] Hubble 0 October 29th 04 04:59 PM
HST Daily Report 131 George Barbehenn Hubble 0 May 11th 04 02:48 PM