Off topic: Problem with Google Groups password security?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 12th 11, 03:04 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,alt.computer.security
Robert Clark

Default Off topic: Problem with Google Groups password security?

Apprarently someone changed my password for my Google Groups account.
So I changed it. But then it got breached again, so I had to change it
again.
Anyone else have this problem?
I only use this account to post to Usenet so I'm not too terribly
concerned about that aspect of it. But it is curious that when I was
selecting my password the indicator to show the degree of security of
the passward listed it as "strong", which I presume means hard to
crack.
Are there automated programs out there used just to crack passwords
on Google Groups? What would be the purpose of those password
programs? I haven't signed up for a Gmail account. Perhaps such
programs would be useful because your Google Groups account can be
used as your Gmail account? Or can be used to access your Gmail
account?

Bob Clark