Posting avi files to alt.binaries.astronomy

Old August 3rd 03, 08:57 PM
Etok

Default Posting avi files to alt.binaries.astronomy

ICan you post your raw avi files of mars (or anything astronomical, for that
matter) to alt.binaries.astronomy so we can:

1.) Watch them.
2.) Use them to practice using registax, astrostack, talkingsmack, or
whatever.
3.) Learn another useful usenet skill.

Thanx.

Etok

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old August 3rd 03, 11:49 PM
Rod Mollise

1.) Watch them.
2.) Use them to practice using registax, astrostack, talkingsmack, or
whatever.
3.) Learn another useful usenet skill.

Hi:

You probably could...but the size would be an issue. I don't know about you,
but my .avis are big. a 640x480 1 minute sequence of Mars is 250Mb. Bit much to
be posting.

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html
Old August 8th 03, 04:07 PM
etok

"Rod Mollise" wrote in message
1.) Watch them.
2.) Use them to practice using registax, astrostack, talkingsmack, or
whatever.
3.) Learn another useful usenet skill.

Hi:

You probably could...but the size would be an issue. I don't know about

you,
but my .avis are big. a 640x480 1 minute sequence of Mars is 250Mb. Bit

much to
be posting.

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html

Hey, Rod,
Those sound big. I noticed since I started using Toucam Pro that my avis
are much bigger then they were with my Intel Deluxe PC cam. Probably
something to do with the compression phillips uses. 250MB a minute sounds
like UNcompressed video. Do you know what codec your capture device uses?
(right-click the file, select "properties" and that should tell you.)