Who has the best price on 25 x 100 binoculars?

Old August 4th 03, 03:27 AM
Myriadimage

Default Who has the best price on 25 x 100 binoculars?

Apogee has the 25x100's for $249.
Old August 4th 03, 07:41 PM
bayouwolf

Burgess Optical $199.00.
"Larry Brown" wrote in message
I'm guessing that they all come from the same factory. Anyone know which
dealer has the lowest price? Celestron, of course, is the highest I've
found so far. I found them for $279.00 on one web site during my search
but failed to bookmark the site and lost it.
TIA
L Brown

Old August 5th 03, 01:18 AM
Myriadimage

"Burgess Optical $199.00."

For 25x100's ?
Old August 5th 03, 11:19 AM
bayouwolf

Sorry. They are 22x100 for an introductory $199.
"Myriadimage" wrote in message
"Burgess Optical $199.00."

For 25x100's ?

Old August 5th 03, 02:29 PM
Myriadimage

22x100's for $199.?
Old August 5th 03, 03:22 PM
Shneor Sherman

"bayouwolf" wrote in message .com...
Burgess Optical $199.00.
"Larry Brown" wrote in message
I'm guessing that they all come from the same factory. Anyone know which
dealer has the lowest price? Celestron, of course, is the highest I've
found so far. I found them for $279.00 on one web site during my search
but failed to bookmark the site and lost it.
TIA
L Brown

They may come from the same factory, but you will find that Burgess
does excellent quality control and individually star-tests every pair.
You won't find that with others, and believe me, it makes a
difference. I've had a pair of Burgess 25x100s for about a year and
even though they were rejects (no multicoatings on eyepieces) they
have performed admirably. Excellent for Messiers and non-Messiers like
the Helix; see all of Markarian's Chain in one field of view; and the
moon is loaded with glorious 3-D detail...with just a bit of purple at
the limb. You'll need a heavy-duty parallelogram mount (I use a T&T)
to use these to best advantage. But it's one of the best optical deals
there is today.
Clear skies,
Shneor Sherman
Old August 5th 03, 09:24 PM
Doogie Hoosier

Larry Brown wrote in message ...
I'm guessing that they all come from the same factory. Anyone know which
dealer has the lowest price? Celestron, of course, is the highest I've
found so far. I found them for $279.00 on one web site during my search
but failed to bookmark the site and lost it.
TIA
L Brown

I remember brands like Celestron, Orion, and Pro-Optic that sold for
between $900 to $1200. (Early 90's prices.)

I must wonder now if they were total rip-offs or if the cheaper
(Chinese?) ones currently for sale are not as good.
Old August 5th 03, 11:42 PM
bayouwolf

Yes. Designed by Bill Burgess.