Apollo II or Freedom II

Old October 27th 05, 02:59 AM
John Halpenny

Default Apollo II or Freedom II

While VSE offers a chance to revitalize space operations, I can't
avoid the horrible feeling that it will run into the same problems we've
seen before. Remember space station Freedom?

"It's a bold step forward in the conquest of space!"

"We'll advance technology, gain knowledge, and show off America's
skills."

"We will invire the whole world to participate in this great project"

"......... because we can't afford it on our own"

"We'll launch the modules on the Shuttle"

"------as soon as the Russians launch the first one."

"We won't have any of the problems of Mir."

"and we can hold twice as many people.."

"........when it's finished"

"..........whenever that is."

"We will keep American austronauts in space"

".........one of them, anyway"

"..........if he buys a ticket."

"Stations are boring. Lets redo Apollo instead."

I hope VSE will keep going by itself, but I already see budget pressures
and calls for partners to "share in the glory".

--

John Halpenny

NASA PDF - Apollo Experience Reports - 114 reports Rusty History 1 July 27th 05 03:52 AM
NASA PDF Mercury, Gemini, Apollo reports free online Rusty Barton History 81 October 3rd 04 05:33 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 5 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge UK Astronomy 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla Misc 10 July 25th 04 02:57 PM