generational markers (was "Disney's Man In Space")

Old June 20th 04, 08:01 AM
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:

...And the pilot probably understood that going into the thing as well
as understanding that sometimes you *have* to embrace the danger. On
the other hand, the only thing that tornado research is eventually
going to prove is that we need the Flash to unscrew tornadoes when
they appear :-)

Mayhaps not- tornados aren't all that common here in North Dakota (at
least in comparison to down south) and are even less common in
Minnesota; I've only _possibly_ seen one in my entire life, and have
only seen three funnel clouds (all near Fargo on the same day). The
novelty of the situation may well have lured him in toward it.
Remember that plan to to disrupt hurricanes via H-bombs?

Pat

Old June 20th 04, 08:18 PM
OM

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:01:13 -0500, Pat Flannery
wrote:

Remember that plan to to disrupt hurricanes via H-bombs?

....Yeah, and I also remember the follow-up study that called for
seeding typhoons in the Pacific with H-bomb fallout so it would
contaminate a wide area should China need to have the entire
continent's fields salted with enough Cesium isotopes to make their
chopsticks glow in the dark. In actuality, that same report makes it
clear by inference that the US is far more vunerable to such an
attack. I can honestly see Al Queda and his brothers Fred and Gerome
blowing up some dirty bombs in the middle of Hurricane Doofus just
before it hits the eastern seaboard, and all panic breaking loose.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old June 23rd 04, 08:51 PM
Pat Flannery

Johnny Garfield wrote:

In regards to KING-TV signing off, how did KING-TV signoff message go?

"We are KING-TV,
Do not write to complain to us;
Tonight we show you Neptune,
But we've also seen Uranus."

Pat

Old June 24th 04, 01:03 PM
Johnny Garfield

Pat Flannery wrote in message ...
Johnny Garfield wrote:

In regards to KING-TV signing off, how did KING-TV signoff message go?

"We are KING-TV,
Do not write to complain to us;
Tonight we show you Neptune,
But we've also seen Uranus."

Pat

I see- but what message was said when KING-TV signed off on a typical night?
Old June 25th 04, 08:48 PM
Pat Flannery

Johnny Garfield wrote:

"We are KING-TV,
Do not write to complain to us;
Tonight we show you Neptune,
But we've also seen Uranus."

Pat

I see- but what message was said when KING-TV signed off on a typical night?

"We are KING-TV,
Are program day is finished;
We're heading for the bar now,
To get our sobriety diminished."

Pat

Old June 25th 04, 08:51 PM
Pat Flannery

Pat Flannery wrote:

"We are KING-TV,
Are program day is finished;
We're heading for the bar now,
To get our sobriety diminished."

Pat

_Our_ program day is finished.
Christ, this is the terrible price paid for trying to write while
sober...it's just not the Irish way. ;-)

Padraig

Old June 26th 04, 01:04 AM
OM

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:48:03 -0500, Pat Flannery
wrote:

"We are KING-TV,
Are program day is finished;
We're heading for the bar now,
To get our sobriety diminished."

....TV just isn't as fun as it used to be. I still recall the old tapes
of Turner's WTBS channel 17 in Atlanta, where they ran all-night news
with a duck or a picture of Abe Lincoln on the screen, and the night
news anchor doing the VO. It was amazing how you could get a laugh out
of something tragic with a setup like that.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old June 26th 04, 11:10 PM
Rick DeNatale

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:51:05 -0500, Pat Flannery wrote:

Christ, this is the terrible price paid for trying to write while
sober...it's just not the Irish way. ;-)

Padraig

And do YOU pronouce that Pod-rig, or Porrig?

I've been wondering that about Padraig Harrington for a couple of years,
until an announcer on a golf tournament said that he pronounced it with
the d, as opposed to the more traditional Irish way, because that's the
way his momma wanted it.

Old June 26th 04, 11:34 PM
OM

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 18:10:55 -0400, Rick DeNatale
wrote:

Padraig

And do YOU pronouce that Pod-rig, or Porrig?

....Pad-Rag. Like his brother, Toe-Rag, and his sister, [CENSORED].

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr