SpaceX Dragon/Falcon9 stand vertical at Cape.

Old April 15th 12, 06:36 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
David Spain

Default SpaceX Dragon/Falcon9 stand vertical at Cape.

A photo released to SpaceX's twitter account showing the Dragon/Falcon-9 rocket standing vertical at the Cape in preparation for its
historic first mission to the ISS.

http://twitter.com/#!/SpaceX/status/.../photo/1/large

via LA Times story he

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,7043488.story

Dave
Old April 15th 12, 07:37 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
David Spain

On 4/15/2012 1:36 PM, David Spain wrote:
A photo released to SpaceX's twitter account showing the Dragon/Falcon-9 rocket standing vertical at the Cape in preparation for its
historic first mission to the ISS.

http://twitter.com/#!/SpaceX/status/.../photo/1/large

via LA Times story he

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,7043488.story

Dave

Well I *thought* this was news. Then I re-checked the dateline on this story. March 1st?
A quick look at SLC40 on Google Maps shows no standing rocket silhouette but Google Maps isn't exactly real-time either.
SpaceX has an update dated March 16th say work continues but that's all. Anyone living down in Fla take a gander at SLC-40 and tell
us what they see? Surely this rocket hasn't been standing vertical, exposed to the weather, for a month and a half has it?

This article in Space.com from April 12th claims a date of April 30th which is about two weeks away, but officially both NASA and
SpaceX are silent.

http://www.space.com/15249-space-sta...ex-launch.html

Dave
Old April 15th 12, 10:13 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
David Spain

On 4/15/2012 2:37 PM, David Spain wrote:
This article in Space.com from April 12th claims a date of April 30th which is about two weeks away, but officially both NASA and
SpaceX are silent.

OK I'll admit I've been busy with the day job lately. So I'm behind the times.
We have an announced NASA social:

http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2012...ASASocial.html

and this from Patrick AFB:

http://www.patrick.af.mil/

as far as declaration of Restricted Air & Sea areas well...

http://www.patrick.af.mil/shared/med...120406-076.pdf
http://www.patrick.af.mil/shared/med...120406-075.pdf

as far as NOTAMs are concerned, nothing I can see yet:

https://pilotweb.nas.faa.gov/PilotWe...splayByICAO s

searching MCO and MIA, are there others that would be better, special notices?

Dave
Old April 16th 12, 08:17 AM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Brian Gaff

Well lets hope that the mission when its launch is historical not hysterical
then... grin.

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.

Old April 16th 12, 12:20 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Anthony Frost

In message
David Spain wrote:

This article in Space.com from April 12th claims a date of April 30th
which is about two weeks away, but officially both NASA and SpaceX are
silent.

Pending the outcome of the flight readiness review which is due today
(16th)

Anthony

Old April 17th 12, 02:31 AM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Brian Thorn[_2_]

On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 14:37:58 -0400, David Spain
wrote:

Well I *thought* this was news. Then I re-checked the dateline on this story. March 1st?
A quick look at SLC40 on Google Maps shows no standing rocket silhouette but Google Maps isn't exactly real-time either.
SpaceX has an update dated March 16th say work continues but that's all. Anyone living down in Fla take a gander at SLC-40 and tell
us what they see? Surely this rocket hasn't been standing vertical, exposed to the weather, for a month and a half has it?

No, that was a wet countdown test (fueling the rocket), no Dragon on
top.

Brian
Old April 19th 12, 03:31 AM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Me

On Apr 15, 2:37*pm, David Spain wrote:

Well I *thought* this was news. Then I re-checked the dateline on this story. March 1st?
A quick look at SLC40 on Google Maps shows no standing rocket silhouette but Google Maps isn't exactly real-time either.
SpaceX has an update dated March 16th say work continues but that's all. Anyone living down in Fla take a gander at SLC-40 and tell
us what they see? Surely this rocket hasn't been standing vertical, exposed to the weather, for a month and a half has it?

It been going up and down on a whim.
Old April 19th 12, 09:02 AM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
snidely

on 4/16/2012, Anthony Frost supposed :
In message
David Spain wrote:

This article in Space.com from April 12th claims a date of April 30th
which is about two weeks away, but officially both NASA and SpaceX are
silent.

Pending the outcome of the flight readiness review which is due today
(16th)

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2012/04/frr-sets-april-30-dragons-first-flight-fully-prepared-iss/

(Cribbed from "that other group")

/dps

--
Who, me? And what lacuna?

SpaceX Dragon Alan Erskine[_3_] Space Shuttle 1 September 6th 11 08:40 AM
Falcon9/Dragon launch purchases Jim Relsh Policy 88 November 29th 07 07:59 AM
SpaceX Dragon are Policy 6 March 25th 07 12:19 PM
SpaceX Option to Use Cape Atlas Pads Ed Kyle Policy 0 January 21st 05 05:23 PM