Stellar "sea", and Planetary "land"

Old December 24th 12, 04:51 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
hanson

Default Stellar "sea", and Planetary "land"

"Sam Wormley" wrote:

DonH wrote:
If this analogy with Biological Evolution has any validity, then -
How many Elements are entirely "marine"?
How many are only "terrestrial"?
And how many are "amphibious"?

In a very nice post "Sam Wormley" wrote:
Let us consider our solar system.
Via spectroscopy, we find all the naturally occurring
elements through Uranium (perhaps not 43 Technetium,
as it is the atomic number element without any stable
isotopes). The H, He and Li mostly came from the first
three minutes of the big band and the rest from
exploding stars long before our solar system formed.

We estimate that our solar system is 4.56 billion years
old based on the oldest rocks--Carbonaceous chondrites.
So everything was here from the "start" of our solar system.

An important unanswered question: Did life find safe
harbor of one or more of the solar system bodies (Earth,
Mars, Titan, Europe, Enceladus, etc.)? Or does did life
get started dependent time/places in the solar system.

Life has evolved following Darwinian principles.
If you want to talk about evolution of elements, the
mechanisms for the creation of heavy elements via
nuclear reactions is somewhat understood.

If you will remember, most H, He and Li were created
in the big band. Elements up through the iron group.
[ like Fe, Co or Ni at which level no more energy is
radiated ], are created via fusion processes [aka
nucleo sythesis ]in the cores of stars.
Heavier elements yet in supernovae.

hanson wrote:
Now Sam, to sustain life, also detail why every multicellular,
oxygen-consuming organism/lifeform uses iron (Fe) in
its Blood, barring a few sea creatures that use Cobalt.

= Iron is an utterly fascinating element:

=1= Fe catches & releases the oxygen in the blood's Haemin.
=2= Iron, as a metal, is very durable und is used to house,
transport and defend ourselves.
=3= Iron is also an extremely volatile element when it combines
with carbon monoxide into Iron penta carbonyle (Fe(CO)5.
=4= Fe(CO)5 is formed in interstellar dust clouds where
it sythesizes with H, O, C & N, most of the needed
amino acids that are necessary for protein formation.
=5= Fe(CO)5 is produced in industrial quantites here
on earth and is a liquid that boils at 103°C, roughly
the same temp as is water.
=6= Fe(CO)5 is extremely toxic, while other Iron compounds
are essential for life to exist.
=7= Iron which was born in the final labors of a dying star
gave you the gift of life and it rules over your existence
with its... well... iron fist!

Take care, you guys, Merry Xmas & laugh as long as you
still can.... ahahahaha... ahahahahanson

Old December 24th 12, 07:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
DonH

"hanson" wrote in message

hanson wrote:
[...]

# So, all the elements of the Periodic Table are present in our Sun, even if
in tiny quantities, or in similar fiery bodies in outer space? Proven, or
assumed?
What is the difference between a solid, a liquid, and a gas - but
dispersion of atoms or molecules. With further increase in temperature can
atoms disperse/split?
Conversely, is a drop in temperature needed for some elements to form?
Hydrogen constitutes only a small percentage of the Earth's crust - now.
But that is because most hydrogen on earth is tied up in water, and in
living things.
If hydrogen is the most primitive element, and Nature is a causal
process, then it is reasonable to assume all the other elements came from
primitive hydrogen. Unless they were all formed simultaneously, and
immutably.
If the Periodic Table is indeed periodic, this may be due to elements
being constrained by a limited number of possible "properties" in their
habitat, and doomed to repeat them.
While the atomic stability of the inert (now noble) gases is the aim, it
is the restless nature of things for a new "period" to commence, and again
seek inert gas stability.
In a Dynamic Universe, everything tends to "evolve" (ie. change), due to
causal consequences, but if the Elements are limited to the 100+ we know of,
then this is because of the laws of atomic association (proton, neutron,
electron)?
Any dynamic universe must function according to some type of laws/rules,
to operate at all, but does this imply a Lawgiver? Or does that only put
the question one stage further back? Same with Big Bang - what existed
before? Nothing?
And if the universe had a Beginning, does it thus have an End?

Old December 24th 12, 08:19 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
Sam Wormley[_2_]

On 12/24/12 12:32 PM, DonH wrote:
So, all the elements of the Periodic Table are present in our Sun, even if
in tiny quantities, or in similar fiery bodies in outer space? Proven, or
assumed?

Measured.

What is the difference between a solid, a liquid, and a gas - but
dispersion of atoms or molecules. With further increase in temperature can
atoms disperse/split?

Non radioactive nuclei are forever unless involved in nuclear
reactions.

Conversely, is a drop in temperature needed for some elements to form?

Nope.

Hydrogen constitutes only a small percentage of the Earth's crust - now.
But that is because most hydrogen on earth is tied up in water, and in
living things.

You are more hydrogen than anything else.

If hydrogen is the most primitive element, and Nature is a causal
process, then it is reasonable to assume all the other elements came from
primitive hydrogen. Unless they were all formed simultaneously, and
immutably.

No, most He, Li came out of the big bang.

Old December 25th 12, 12:24 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
hanson

"Don Humphries" wrote:

Don Humphries wrote:
# So, all the elements of the Periodic Table are present in our
Sun, even if in tiny quantities, or in similar fiery bodies in outer
space? Proven, or assumed?

hanson wrote:
Sam, explained to you above which ones occur where.
This is proven. Study some spectroscopy. The conclusions
from it are the same whether light, flames or sparks come
from celestial sources or from the goods that are checked at
the receiving inspection in factories, who need to verify
whether they actually got what they have ordered.

Don Humphries wrote:
snip rhetorical questions from high school chemistry texts

Any dynamic universe must function according to some type of
laws/rules, to operate at all, but does this imply a Lawgiver?
Or does that only put the question one stage further back?
Same with Big Bang - what existed before? Nothing?
And if the universe had a Beginning, does it thus have an End?

hanson wrote:
ahahaha... "Lawgiver"... AHAHAHAHA... It being Xmas
the Great Creator has put his finger up your ass, didn't he.

Listen Don, ALL that cosmological stuff is CONJECTURE
and it is as old as is humankind. It is the greatest story ever
told about our yearning for the answer of the question:
------------ "Where did we come from?"..... ------------

This can only be answered by crossing into the realms of
philosophy, faiths, beliefs and fantasies.. from the down to
earth discipline of physics which is the science of
MEASURING things ....
(well, by comparing new stuff with known objects/events)

All our heroic attempts to explain it "scientifically"can be
reduced to the math/equation of the == "1-2-3-4 cosmic
envelope" == that links the pillars of ANY cosmology:

c = (G*M/R)^(1/2) = (G*M*H)^(1/3) = (G*M*b)^(1/4)

The descending 1,2,3,4 exponents bases show all the domain
max. limits that we can observe within the universe that we inhabit.

Now, YOU make up any story you wish from that. As long
as your tripe satisfies the measured/inferred quantities of the
above 4 factor sets, you will know exactly as much as did
Newton, Einstein or Hawkins, except that they had/have a
taller bully pulpit than you do, to sell their version of tripe.

Mind you though, my Aussie friend, there are certain things
that we humans will never be able to know simply because
of the way our brains are wired wired. Or, try to improve on
4-5 billion years of trial and error... Good luck with that!

Old December 27th 12, 05:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
Mahipal

hanson wrote:

[...]

All the best to you to hanson. Everyone else too, of course.

Enjo(y)... Cheers!
--
Mahipal, pronounced "My Pal" or "Maple" leads to... Maple Loops.

http://mahipal7638.wordpress.com/meforce/

Old December 27th 12, 07:14 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
hanson

"Mahipal" Virdy wrote:
"hanson" wrote:
"Don Humphries" wrote:

Mahpal Virdy wrote:
All the best to you to hanson. Everyone else too, of course.
Enjo(y)... Cheers!
--
Mahipal, pronounced "My Pal" or "Maple" leads to... Maple Loops.
http://mahipal7638.wordpress.com/meforce/

hanson wrote:
Thanks Virdy and likewise.
Now for the New Year put more pizzazz into the Mahi then just Maple
Loops . Make some "Old Man and the Sea" **meforce** Drama,
vocalize the "h"... into "Ma-H-ee" and become the "Pal" of the "Mahi".
Here in Princeville or Raratonga Mahi-Mahi is a great Sports fish.
Puts up a good fight,... & tastes delicous. --
http://www.hinkhoj.com/ says that Mahi, in Hindu, means "Earth".

Old December 27th 12, 09:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
Mahipal

On Dec 27, 1:14*pm, "hanson" wrote:
"Mahipal" Virdy wrote:
*"hanson" wrote:
"Don Humphries" wrote:
*"hanson" wrote:

hanson wrote:

Thanks Virdy and likewise.
Now for the New Year put more pizzazz into the Mahi then just Maple
Loops . Make some "Old Man and the Sea" **meforce** Drama,
vocalize the "h"... into "Ma-H-ee" and become the "Pal" of the "Mahi".
Here in Princeville or Raratonga Mahi-Mahi is a great Sports fish.
Puts up a good fight,... & *tastes delicous. --

Nice tasting fish Mahi-Mahi. I appreciate your encouragement.

I update the meforce thread every couple of weeks. Either the readers
are impressed, or stunned, or just too interested only in AGW. Who
knows.

Given the 4-5 billion years of trial and error, I take my time in
raising my hand in the universal physics classroom, and only slowly
jump up and down, never trying too hard to yell "Look at me. Look at
me! Look at me?!" The entire Earth wide class is sleeping at their
desks -- including the self proclaimed and Uni anointed all too
competent teachers. Yawn.

I do think the "2 c me" variation I've done to arrive at meforce does
and should leave everyone wondering how all the past century's
mathematicians, physicists, and english lit types could've been so
blind sighted. Again, who knows. Silence is obvious. If no one
interacts, they presume the idea itself ought vanish. They've never
heard, or never understood, of Plato on the conservation of ideas
either.

http://www.hinkhoj.com/ says that Mahi, in Hindu, means "Earth".

The "pal" means to protect, to raise, to nurture. So I grew up being
often reminded by family and friends how Mahipal means "Earth
Protector." Good thing nothing goes to my head. More seriously, good
luck Earth, look behind you... AGW! Be afraid, be very very afraid.
Stop breathing to be safe.

Earth is also a Sanskrit word. You're welcome World for its name.

Earth's Equatorial radius is 6378km. Numerical coincidence of 4
digits?

Enjo(y)... Cheers!

Old December 27th 12, 09:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
Sam Wormley[_2_]

On 12/27/12 2:05 PM, Mahipal wrote:
Earth's Equatorial radius is 6378km. Numerical coincidence of 4
digits?

Earth's Equatorial radius is 6,378,137 meters.

Old December 27th 12, 10:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
Mahipal

On Dec 27, 3:54*pm, Sam Wormley wrote:
On 12/27/12 2:05 PM, Mahipal wrote:

Earth's Equatorial radius is 6378km. Numerical coincidence of 4
digits?

* *Earth's Equatorial radius is 6,378,137 meters.

So it is. Sam Worm Lie, get your programmers to compute for you its
value when rounded -- he he radius round he he -- off into km. For
your input, km is kilometres in certain forms of English.

While your learning conversions, tell me what the Earth radius is as a
fraction of 1AU. Do keep yourself busy... go also compute the value of
pi for its first 7638 digits.

Enjo(y)... Cheers!

Old December 27th 12, 10:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
HVAC[_3_]

On 12/27/2012 4:24 PM, Mahipal wrote:

So it is. Sam Worm Lie, get your programmers to compute for you its
value when rounded -- he he radius round he he -- off into km. For
your input, km is kilometres in certain forms of English.

The metric system is gay.

--
"OK you ****s, let's see what you can do now" -Hit Girl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjO7kBqTFqo .. å˜äº®