The Sky (software)

Old October 21st 03, 02:21 AM
MrB

Default The Sky (software)

Is there a way to make "The Sky" move with time, automatically? I know how
to make it move an hour or a day, but can it move real time?

Thanks

Old October 21st 03, 02:46 AM
Scott Sinclair

Yes.

Data - Options - Screen Update Frequency

Anything less than 10-15 seconds is painful though.

Scott.

Old October 21st 03, 04:14 AM
MikeW

Also, set it to use the computer clock.

Data - Site Information - Date and Time tab - Use Computer Clock check
box.

Mike

Old October 21st 03, 04:16 AM
Mark Wagner

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 01:21:29 GMT, "MrB"
wrote:

Is there a way to make "The Sky" move with time, automatically? I know how
to make it move an hour or a day, but can it move real time?

Data
Site Information
Date and Time
Click "Use computer's clock"

Mark Wagner
Current projects (updated 10/3/03) http://www.astronomy-mall.com/projects.html
Old October 22nd 03, 01:18 AM
MrB

I have no "Option" option under Data. Could this be because I am using the
version that came with my telescope? I do have it set to use computer time
and it opens with the sky in the right position, but nothing changes after
it has been open for awhile. Under data, my choices are Site info, Planets,
and File Locations.

Old October 22nd 03, 01:43 AM
WayneH

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:18:48 GMT, "MrB"
wrote:

I have no "Option" option under Data. Could this be because I am using the
version that came with my telescope? I do have it set to use computer time
and it opens with the sky in the right position, but nothing changes after
it has been open for awhile. Under data, my choices are Site info, Planets,
and File Locations.

Check under "Site Info."

Wayne Hoffman
33° 49" 17' N 117° 56" 41' W
"Don't Look Down"

http://home.pacbell.net/w6wlr/
Old October 23rd 03, 01:43 AM
MrB

I still don't find the "Update Frequency" setting, but, the image is now
real time and updating by itself. I swear it wasn't before, but alas, I am
getting old and maybe I didn't give it long enough to be able to discern the
movement. Thanks to all who responded.

et...