Good Managers at NASA

Old September 3rd 06, 01:34 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Craig Fink

Default Good Managers at NASA

I perfer Top posting, one of the regular posters on this newgroup is sight
impaired. So, with top posting he doesn't have to listen through all the
old postings. The new stuff is on top.

Some people perfer posting in the middle, intermixed.

But whatever you decide is fine with me.

--
Craig Fink
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:37:21
+0100, Gareth Slee wrote:

Danny Dot wrote:

Danny
There's a problem with your Newsreader. Your reply posts look like they
belong to the message *you're* replying to.

--
Gareth Slee

Are you talking about the "Danny Dot" signature at the top? I use Outlook
Express. I know it is not the best, but it does OK for me. Any
recommendations on how to set Express?

I know it is set up to top post and this forum tends to bottom post. Any
ideas are welcome.

This post was fine.
Bottom posting is the way to go.

Old September 3rd 06, 02:35 PM posted to sci.psychology.psychotherapy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Craig Fink

Default Mobbing on Usenet ( Good Managers at NASA)

I take it by your reply you don't want to participate in any usenet group
therapy. Make usenet and sci.space.* a better and more civil place, like
it used to be. You can participate or not, it's up to you. I would not
want to try to force you do anything.

--
Craig Fink
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 08:18:21 -0500, OM wrote:

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 10:18:29 GMT, Craig Fink
wrote:

Herb, exactly what are you?

...Well, we all know what *you* are, Craig. A troll whose actions also
live up to his last name.

LONG-DELAYED RE-PLONK

...There. Go play in the Sodomy Pit with the rest of the trash. You're
Troll Non Grata around these parts.

OM

Old September 3rd 06, 08:36 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
John Doe

Craig Fink wrote:

I perfer Top posting,

It isn't what you prefer that counts. It is what readers prefer that
counts. The tradition/standard was set for very good reasons: it makes
reading of posts easier.

"Top posters" (some genetic disorder) also lack the ability to trim
their quotes, and very often, such posts get discarded by some software
because they have more quoted material than original material. If you
learned to trim the quotes and only keep the relevant portions, you
would find that keeping to the tradition would be far more effective.

People who not only top post, but quote a thread in its entirety in
every post they make are really the ones that make reading/following a
thread difficult especially since we don't even know what they are
replying to.
Old September 5th 06, 03:23 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Craig Fink

Hi Danny,

A bit of life's philosophy;

We all arrive here as a clean slate with nothing written on it, knowing
nothing. From this point on we begin to learn, each and every event or
experience is written on that slate. As you can imagine, everyone's life
experiences are quite different, and when we talk and interact with others
we can only do so from our own personal perspective. An understanding
derived from what is written on our own slate with no knowledge as to what
is written on the others. So, if you ever find someone trying to read from
your slate, they are in reality, simply reading from there own.

I didn't enjoy writing a recent posting to you, it was really quite
painful. But, you seem like a really nice guy and I felt it was worth the
time and effort to write it. I just couldn't sit idly by and ...

--
Craig Fink
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 15:36:45 -0400, John Doe wrote:

Craig Fink wrote:

I prefer Top posting,

It isn't what you prefer that counts. It is what readers prefer that
counts. The tradition/standard was set for very good reasons: it makes
reading of posts easier.

I am a reader of this group too, and just told you what I preferred. Brian
Gaff is also a reader of this group and quite often top posts. Usenet and
Internet are really in their infancy, even today. So traditions,
standards, etiquette may be in a state of flux for the next century or so.

http://www.webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=etiquette

Breeding?, are they talking about dogs?, which authority is that? Hummm.

"Top posters" ...

lol, I can imagine reading and following my threads might often be
difficult, as I always like to try new things out and I'm not particularly
organized. I've found it's simplest to just post the same as who your
responding to. Doing differently may be seen as a form of aggression. John
is right here, "Top poster" would tend to quote more material, as all the
new material is on top and the person reading the tread can simply stop
reading at the reference material. "Bottom posters", tend to trim too much
as they are always having to scroll down thru all the old stuff first. The
"Middle poster" is argumentative (debate). Discussions on posting styles
are many and varied on Usenet.

It's really the Engineer in me that likes "top posting", I think it's more
efficient.

--
Craig Fink
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @